IT.COM

discuss Hand reg is your friend, no matter what others say

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dear beginners,

Everyone here was a beginner when they started investing. Not everyone starts domain investing with $5,000. Especially for people who are from developing countries, $5,000 is like 2 years of groceries. In fact, that is one of the reasons why domain investing is one of the most attractive businesses. You can start off with literally $500 or maybe $100 even.

Especially for people starting off with less than $500
Trust me, no matter what people say, it makes sense that when you are starting off, you go for hand registration and control your sales rather than sit on a number of names in your first year, waiting for the buyer to come and press the BIN button. So, I would advise you to go for hand-registration names in the beginning and control your destiny by selling them via outbound, or active reach out.

As you start making some sales, and you have a spare $1,000 apart from some cash flow, you can start getting in more liquid names - 4L .COMs, experiment with .CO, .XYZ and so on. But start with something you can sell actively!

Do let me know if you have any questions about hand registration.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I started my domaining with 300 budget,
I spent it on two names, I never regretted about it

•••
I hand reg lots of domains during the good old days of the GD 99cent coupons and resold them for big bucks!!
Have you sold a lot of those su*k balls/bullsh*t domains you have?

Last edited:
•••
It would be nice to see a checklist to go through when buying a domain.
This may be a helpful start with 18 things to consider before any acquisition. While it has hand registration in title, the items apply whether doing hand registration, closeouts, expiry auctions, or buying a name from another investor.

https://www.namepros.com/blog/hand-registering-domain-names.1192637/

On the topic of the discussion in general, I think the question should not be whether to hand register, but what is the best way to obtain a quality name at good value. For sure people are selling hand registrations - just go through the completed sales thread here at NamePros for countless examples. Overall, though, on average I suspect that names that are not hand registration have a higher probability of sale at retail prices.

As a learning experience, I think starting early with doing some acquisitions by hand-registration and also some from closeouts/expiry auctions/investor sales or auctions, is better than to do only one of them. In my first couple of years I mainly hand registered, and doing a mix of ways to acquire, which I now follow, would have been better.

Certain types of names are more suited to hand registration, such as new technologies or emerging social trends, newly released extensions, some types of brandable if you analyze the brandable marketplaces and have a creative mind, and in certain extensions that are lightly enough registered that there are still opportunities to get solid names in hand registration.

Bob

•••
Lol....one of the first business i started and yes NAMED was Credit Control Corporation in 1973. I sold that business for $250,000 in 1990 and it's still in business today trading as CreditContol.net. Then I started another business (a medical billing compay) originally known as Accounts Receivable Management Corporation in 1978 and i later changed the name to AcSel. The very same company is trading as AcSel.org and it too is still in business today. I sold my interest in AcSel in 1995 for $500,000.

Moving on to other businesses I've named, sold and closed;

ContactUSA.com - i originally started Contact USA around 1990 and later closed it, but not before registering the domain ContactUSA.com

InQuisitorInvestigations.com - this was a licensed private investigations company that did internet investigations. Great name where my interest was bought out, and it was named something else.

MakeSomethingHappen.com - i registered this domain September 1, 2001 and I've been offered 5 figures for it along with the business model i created behind it, but I turned it down.

Then I've sold about 20 straight domains to include both .com's and and new gTLD's. If anyone would care to contact me personally and identify yourself such that I could check you out, i'd be happy to share more information. And as for me being too old, my Dad lived to be 93 so I figure I have another 25 years to keep pushing domains and making holes in one much to the chagrin of many a jealous fool :xf.cool:

MakeSomethingHappen.com doesn't resolve. Why don't you have a lander for it?

•••
What happened? Were you wildly successful selling the two?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Lol....one of the first business i started and yes NAMED was Credit Control Corporation in 1973. I sold that business for $250,000 in 1990 and it's still in business today trading as CreditContol.net. Then I started another business (a medical billing compay) originally known as Accounts Receivable Management Corporation in 1978 and i later changed the name to AcSel. The very same company is trading as AcSel.org and it too is still in business today. I sold my interest in AcSel in 1995 for $500,000.

ContactUSA.com - i originally started Contact USA around 1990 and later closed it, but not before registering the domain ContactUSA.com

InQuisitorInvestigations.com - this was a licensed private investigations company that did internet investigations. Great name where my interest was bought out, and it was named something else.

MakeSomethingHappen.com - i registered this domain September 1, 2001 and I've been offered 5 figures for it along with the business model i created behind it, but I turned it down.

Then I've sold about 20 straight domains to include both .com's and and new gTLD's. If anyone would care to contact me personally and identify yourself such that I could check you out, i'd be happy to share more information. And as for me being too old, my Dad lived to be 93 so I figure I have another 25 years to keep pushing domains and making holes in one much to the chagrin of many a jealous fool :xf.cool:

The moment you finally decide to reg your username in .com will be the moment I will start taking your naming skills seriously. It's been sitting there available for ages.

•••
Pls I'm a beginner in this niche, where do I start from? I have few domains which look slightly good, I'm just trying to learn and get better with them.

Thanks
Don't read this piece of advice that has been given by the OP. You'd be better off giving the money to me than to start of just handregging crap. JK....at least about giving the money to me.

Head to the beginner's section and start off from there. Read a lot of them. Read the blogs that are posted here, read other blogs of the domaining world, and just absorb as much information as you possibly can. And check out the threads of other sales to get a better sense of what sells.

From there, the journey is all yours to take. Good luck.

•••

What were the domains? Care to share? I guess I need some advice badly.

•••
I hand reg lots of domains during the good old days of the GD 99cent coupons and resold them for big bucks!!

•••
I think he is working on NamePros ('abstract' domainer not real). Such threads are bring related traffic to the forum. This is just seo and marketing tactics.
So padding out the forum by pumping out random content for the algorithm then.

•••
Not many opportunities here, sure you can hand-reg a few good domains here and there, but you won't make serious money with this tactic.

•••
Naming businesses since 1970 ? That puts you at probably 70+ right ? Maybe it's time for you to chill out with a pair of slippers and a mug of ovaltine

•••
I hand reg 99.99% all my domains and resell them for big bucks ,high ROI, easy peasy

•••
First of all, what is the definition of hand reg?

Is buying by search interesting name those available, shorting from 20 millions of dropped domains using filter like registered in minimum extensions, including this hand reg?

Is buying available CVCVCV domains including in hand reg a domain?

Searching a colour+animal keyword that is available, is it hand reg?

Or hand reg is only mean as you register everything you thought good?

Let"s say, searching available good CVCVCV domains need some tricks, searching available colour+animal .com is more difficult, and sometime it pays off your efford

•••
MakeSomethingHappen.com doesn't resolve. Why don't you have a lander for it?
Mostly because it's my personal mantra, and I never intended to sell it. That said however, i recently registered another domain "iLuvEveryone".com that this septuagenarian will claim as his new mantra. And while I don't have a tattoo, I'm planning and designing one for the fact that i truly do love everyone:)

Finally, while i don't disagree with statements like; "Buying domains is easy. Selling domains is hard", I've also learned this beast is tamable, and I'm currently in the process of taming it👍

•••
Buying domains is easy. Selling domains is hard.

Brad
Brad.....ever hear of Linkedin :xf.wink: ? While Linkedin doesn't own the extension .link, i couldn't help but notice the close association. Would you care to discuss how I plan to use that association to help sell .link domains to end users? It might make for a meaningful discussion. What do you say?

•••
I started with handregister

•••
The moment you finally decide to reg your username in .com will be the moment I will start taking your naming skills seriously. It's been sitting there available for ages.
are you talking about ThatNameGuy.com or Bulloney.com? No, don't own either one of those. However I'm still binging on .LINK domains where a good friend and registrar owner said to me, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ"

I'm out to make .LINK famous like some of my other claims to fame:xf.wink: Linkedin was also an inspiration, but I'm sure you don't understand:xf.frown:

•••
Dear beginners,

Everyone here was a beginner when they started investing. Not everyone starts domain investing with $5,000. Especially for people who are from developing countries, $5,000 is like 2 years of groceries. In fact, that is one of the reasons why domain investing is one of the most attractive businesses. You can start off with literally $500 or maybe $100 even.

Trust me, no matter what people say, it makes sense that when you are starting off, you go for hand registration and control your sales rather than sit on a number of names in your first year, waiting for the buyer to come and press the BIN button. So, I would advise you to go for hand-registration names in the beginning and control your destiny by selling them via outbound, or active reach out.

As you start making some sales, and you have a spare $1,000 apart from some cash flow, you can start getting in more liquid names - 4L .COMs, experiment with .CO, .XYZ and so on. But start with something you can sell actively!

Please how do one hand register a domain?

•••
I hand registered couple of domains and they are earning decent cents in parking.

•••
I hand registered couple of domains and they are earning decent cents in parking.
Just cents?
You need to spend about 10 USD / domain / year (domain registration and renewal fees). Is your ROI positive?

•••
Hand regs for beginners lol.

Hand registering domains for beginners is a great way to lose thousands of dollars while learning some very basic domaining lessons that you could have learned for free just browsing around the forum.

•••
Dear beginners,

Pls I'm a beginner in this niche, where do I start from? I have few domains which look slightly good, I'm just trying to learn and get better with them.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back