IT.COM

Has someone used ECOP as an escrow service? URGENT!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Pros,

has anyone used Ecop? What is your experience with it and how would you compare it with Escrow?

The impression I had is that Ecop looks cheaper and it has better options for transactions not held between 2 US residents. It also offers PayPal withdrawals from the balance.

Thank you in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't used it but mrcurly might be able to help?? I think hes used it before?

•••
Thanks Giles.

With Escrow the problem is that if both the buyer and the seller are not US residents they don't offer the Paypal payment, while, as far asw I understood, Ecop allows you to withdraw with PP from your balance.
Wire transfer to Australia are sloooooooooooow and fees for " foreigner currency " are high so I was trying to find a different solution

•••
I just bought a name through Ecop and the transaction was very quick and smooth :)

•••
Thank you David.

I would like to know if someone knows how long it normally takes to have the funds " visible " in your balance so that money can be withdrawn.

•••
ive used Ecop for 1 transaction and it worked well.

•••
•••
•••
how long did it take for them to pay you?

•••
Escrow license?
Bonded?
Audited?
Insured?
Legally qualified contracts and documentation?
Liquid asset to cover liability?

If the answer is no to any of these questions then it works until someone steals all your money and runs imho.

Why don't companies complete these steps? Because it's expensive.
Why do people choose cheap alternatives? They enjoy the risk.

If you want.. I'll escrow it.. I have 100% trader rating (for what little I've done) but ask anyone here if I've screwed them over.

Sound stupid? Would it be better if I created a cool looking website first and then contacted you from "DUScrow.com"?

•••
Cool info about requirements!

I would use DUscrow. :D

•••
how long did it take for them to pay you?

I used them twice and was paid within 24 hours both times. I'd, however, choose Escrow.com over them since they're bonded and offer direct deposit for free into my US bank account. When you're calculating cost, bear in mind that you'll incur a paypal fee ( I think it's 3.9% ) when you collect your money from ecop.

•••
I used them twice and was paid within 24 hours both times. I'd, however, choose Escrow.com over them since they're bonded and offer direct deposit for free into my US bank account. When you're calculating cost, bear in mind that you'll incur a paypal fee ( I think it's 3.9% ) when you collect your money from ecop.

Thank you very much Disco. If I were in the US I would probably go with Escrow too but being outside Ecop seemed to offer more options.

•••
ecop worked for me and i would use it again without thinking about it.

Ecop is still in the market and doing good business. end of story!

•••
They actually seem pretty serious to me. Maybe if it was a 200.000 domain I would go with Escrow but unfortunately this is not the case

•••
I just finished a transaction, being the seller, using ECop of $400 and it ran absolutely smooth. They had the cash within the hour in my ECop's balance where I then moved them to my PPal account.

The whole payment procedure lasted about an hour, ie. Buyer->ECop->My PPal.
Fees for the above sum were $29 for ECop and $15 for PPal.

Thanks to this thread for letting me know about this service ;)

•••
•••
Hi,
I don't see any issue or problem, already sold 4 domain's and very fast payment & withdrawal ;)

•••
Thanks to all of you guys. Now I will feel safer to give it a try.
Best luck to everyone

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back