Dynadot

question How much you lost by investing in Chips Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
Many of us invested in Chips domains such as: 5L.com, 4L.org, 4L.info, 3L.biz, 3L.co, 6N.com, NNLL.com ..... etc.
So with No shame, How much you lost in that investment?, and how many domains you will drop?
About myself $9k-$10k., and 400 domains
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haven't invested much on CHIPS, I cleared my 5L on time, my investment is below $1000 on 5L, 6N, 7N, 8N. But this year I sold two of my domains for $4900( $560 invested on those two )

Just concentrating on keyword and brandable pronounceable domains.

•••
For CHIPS, I don't invest, just buying and selling right away, I haven't never kept it!

•••
I don't buy anything that does not make sense or can be used in a fruitful way as a website. Cannabis makes sense long term: I bought (alot) *Washington state them years ago..
Looses - many. But I am still standing.

•••
I lost chips.tv
Forgot to renew it.

•••
CHIPS are soooo irrelevant....that's why we spend so much time talking about them and projecting our denial about chips .

•••
CHIPS are soooo irrelevant....that's why we spend so much time talking about them and projecting our denial about chips .
I lost chips.tv
Forgot to renew it.
chips.tv SEE we could be watching Chips again.. I mean who watches that anymore. A simple google search -Buy CHiPs: Season 1 on Amazon.com ✓ FREE SHIPPING on qualified orders. ... free trial to stream thousands of movies & TV shows included with Prime. So I say again, the domain is only valuable to the end buyer.

•••
more profit - more risk: It is true in this case.

•••
I stayed away and thats why I always get paid. I didn't invest in any crazy stuff so I keep gaining.

•••
I lost about $9k investing in 4L.com / org / co / biz chips as well as 5L.com.

You live and you learn.

•••
•••
IMO the only real reason to lose money on 4L.com chips is lack of patience. why else?

•••
IMO the only real reason to lose money on 4L.com chips is lack of patience. why else?

You maybe right, but consider you invest (in the peak of the market) $2000 into one chip and you have maybe wait 10 years to get the money back. IMO not good business. there would be better ways to INVESt $2000. Also lack of end-user market.

•••
You maybe right, but consider you invest (in the peak of the market) $2000 into one chip and you have maybe wait 10 years to get the money back. IMO not good business. there would be better ways to INVESt $2000. Also lack of end-user market.
you are right, but even in your case here, mutliple things have to line up to lead to loss:
1) invested in "peak market"
2)only bought 1 name
3) no end users.

And tbh, am not sure all those factor in in most of the "losses in 4L.com chips".lol. I feel bad people lost money on 4L.com chips cause obviously there is good money in 4L.com chips now. but thats domaining for you...sometimes you think you're seeing heaven and its really hell, sometimes it looks like hell but heaven is c coming soon. Live and learn and keep doing that i guess..

•••
Hello guys
Many of us invested in Chips domains such as: 5L.com, 4L.org, 4L.info, 3L.biz, 3L.co, 6N.com, NNLL.com ..... etc.
So with No shame, How much you lost in that investment?, and how many domains you will drop?
About myself $9k-$10k., and 400 domains
Thanks
Hmm that's big loss @jamaltq
For me, it's only few dollars (about 8 to 10 domains)
E'one should research before making huge investment in one pattern...
Thanks.

•••
Hmm that's big loss @jamaltq
For me, it's only few dollars (about 8 to 10 domains)
E'one should research before making huge investment in one pattern...
Thanks.
Thank you
The problem was not in the investment itself, but to keep them for a long time.
The prices was raising daily, so I should sell them at that time.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you
The problem was not in the investment itself, but to keep them for a long time.
The prices was raising daily, so I should sell them at that time.
Hmm that's also the considerable thing...

•••
I lost chips.tv
Forgot to renew it.
I got chips.mobi for a very cheap price and currently in the process of negotiation with a MNC who manufactures chips for mobile phones.

•••
I had few 4L.net chips and sold at the cost of purchase.

I only bought 2x4L.com chips and I still have them. One bought for $400 and one for $850.

•••
•••
I think I threw a little over $200 into the CHIP thing.

I won't be doing that again. =)

-Omar

•••
I did not lose anything but I stayed in a bit too long and wasted all my profit.

In 2015 I flipped a total of six 4L.com chips making a net profit of $4300. That was amazing.
Then I used that whole profit to buy 2 more and BOOM!!! The market plummeted like 3 days later.

Now I am stucked with these 2 chips.
I also invested about $700 on 5L, 6N, 7N. They are worthless now, I will not renew them, they will expire in the coming months.

So I can say I lost $700 .. but I still hold two 4L.com chips.

I could sell them both today for $1200-$1250 each which, after fees, would bring me back to an overall profit of around $1700 in that chinese premium saga.

Not bad, but it would be much better had I not purchased the 2 last chips :)

Last edited:
•••
In the past i used to buy domains which ever i think is worthit, but most of them were wrong which i knew after reading an eBook of domain investing. When this 4L, 4N hype happened i was more careful, as i read the chips that sell are that fits in Pinyin characters, that can be for services , cities etc or English word. However these 4L's were extremly already very expensive. With this i only bought 1 LLNN , which later on i auctioned at the same price, there for i was breakeven at USD 0.

•••
I bought 31 4L .coms for $300-$400 each and several hundred 6N .coms for reg fee (all in May and June of last year). Held them all until November and sold the 4L .coms as a portfolio deal for $2.2k each after they fell from $3k and about $200 each for the 6Ns.

After that I spent $5k on decent 7N .coms just to speculate which didn't end quite as well...

•••
I don't buy anything that does not make sense or can be used in a fruitful way as a website. Cannabis makes sense long term: I bought (alot) *Washington state them years ago..
Looses - many. But I am still standing.
Never invest in something you do not understand--Robert Kiyosaki

•••
after selling 200 6n .com and all were registered I went to 7n .com and purchased about 40, so lost around $400 on that but won big time on everything else

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back