Hello,

I am a Web Developer / Webmaster.

You can ask me anything.

Except:
My gender.
My birthdate.
My mothers maiden name
My favorite Pet
etc Because then you will just gain access to my online accounts LOL.

Anyway send over your web related questions here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Keral,
Anyway, wanted to ask if there is any way to get free search engine traffic without much effort from our side? Apart from social media posting, directory listing, etc? Some kind of white hat secret technique that SEO experts usually hide from the entire world?

Thanks for your answers in advance :)

There is no secret. All self proclaimed gurus that claim they have a secret are trying to just sell themselves.

Real life experience with some good performing sites have taught me that just stick to the whitehat plan and keep on doing the same thing over and over. Firstly good Onpage SEO. + Good content + Social Media + Links.

Where you can totally forget about Social Media and Links and yet it will bring in lots of traffic if you just focus on Good content. Some initial boost can be given to kick start social media and links but that is all it needs. After that rather then wasting time in getting more links for bad content I would prefer to spend same time on good content and less links. Because links will automatically follow.

Hi Keral, if I see a domain available for hand reg and valued by Godaddy Appraisal (GoValue) at $1900, should I buy?

No. That is not a proper way to buy a domain name just because it was appraised at 1900. Use common sense and check market trends for similar sales and niche.

Question!

How would you go about create TOS and Privacy Policy for your website?

Option 1) Spend 1000 dollars and get it written by some Law Firm,
Option 2) Copy paste someone else TOS and Privacy and change the name of your website in it.
Option 3) Try and read some TOS in similar niche and make your own.

Thanks.

•••
Hi,

I noticed that most of the Crypto ICO websites have more or less the same content and look and feel as well as functionality. Do they kinda all use the same software / developers, or just coincidence.

Have a look at https://friendz.io/ . What is that written in?

Thanks.

That is called Parallax design. Based on Bootstrap and stuff.

No they all are not using same template but there is a trend nowadays for this kind of pages as they are great for all devices.

Are you a domainer?

Yes I am.

•••
Do you use wordpress mostly for web design or? And if wp, what are the best/your favorite plugins?
Thank you

Depends on what kind of programmer you are and what kind of work you get.

Some only get wordpress work while some only know wordpress but when you know both and get different kind of projects then there are many different ways to deal with it.

I mostly try and do it in wordpress if the clients budget is between 500 to 1000 USD.

If the client has a good budget and features that he wants a finer control on then I don't use wordpress.

Another example is that if a Local Real Estate Broker wants a website made then I would happily suggest him some CMS or Wordpress with plugins as his website is not going to get worldwide traffic and the wordpress can deal with it on a shared hosting platform.

On other hand If someone wants to make a global marketplace of buying and selling properties then I would ask him his budget. If he has a budget of measly 200 USD then I would give him wordpress with some freebie plugins and freebie theme LOL because based on that 200 budget that is what he gets. If he has a budget of 20,000 USD and a marketing fund of another 20,000 then he needs a custom script that can have custom features and can handle the load when 20K in marketing is spent.

Overall it just depends on what site I am making and for whom and what is his budget.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @Keral_Patel ..kinda curious, why did you choose that "avatar"?

What do you think is the hardest "coding language" to learn?
(You did say "questions"...lol)

That avatar was looking like a guy who writes the balance-sheet of all the Good and Bad karma of people. But has something shining in his heart.
That is why I liked that avatar.
Because during those days I used to be a moderator here and I wanted to make people accountable for their actions but had good intentions in my heart.

For programming language I think personally I found all more or less same. But man I was seeing dark spots in daylight when I was reading C++ at the speed I usually read programming books.

So I had to slow down a bit and gather myself up.

What are the best books out there right now to learn about online businesses.

Hmm honestly no clues on specific books about Online Business. But I think all general business tactics can be applied to online business.

I am not a very good reader of Business and Self Help books because I like to test the waters myself and learn from my own mistakes. But I am fast learner in this things and it also makes me some small money while learning if not big amounts.

•••
Is what Sirbigman's is trying to accomplish with his novel approach to a domain marketplace as discussed in the attached thread, https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-marketplace-3-commission.1074141/, doable in your expert opinion ?

Thanks

Doesn't looks like someone is going to pay $30 for membership. Until and unless they have some solid sales data to back that up.

Hi. I am curious as to how much influence the website developer has on the domain purchase decision. It is common to see companies using really bad domains for sites that they may have spent five figures plus on development. Is the client just clueless on branding or does the developer just tell them don't waste your money paying for an aftermarket domain (pejorative reference to domain investors)? I agree content is more important than the domain but a good domain can help brand a website which is investing considerable resources on content.

I would say a web developer should have influence in selecting domain name for sure. But it depends on scenario.

1) The company is already branded one and has to stick with their old brand name. Weather you like it or not.

2) All web developers are not domainers. So sometimes it is counter productive to even ask a web developer for his opinion on the domain name.

3) When web developer is redesigning a website. Mostly his focus is on new features and other stuff and domain name is not even in picture.

4) Sometimes even if web developer is suggesting a domain name the owner feels like this web developer is trying to scam me out of another 10,000 USD so most of the times that web developer gets kicked out and doesn't gets to work on that project.

•••
Hi Keral,

Thank you for your selfless input here,
May I ask if unique exact match domains on adwords is a good strategy for drawing traffic to a website ? for example a travel blog with affiliate links, and having a domain BestBackpackFor.me , hypothetically gets 5000 monthly searches, and 0.04 CPC , in theory those typing the exact phase might covert a small % ?

Thank you.

The unique exact match domains on adwords might perform good but honestly telling the arbitrage days are gone. :xf.cry: You seriously need to be very very good at what you do in order to make some money in that game nowadays. I am not saying it is completely dead. You just need to up your game quite a bit in order to make money from it. Rest will depend on how your traffic converts after landing on your landing page. If you are on some flat rate payment network then it might help a bit otherwise you are again smart priced by them and you will see lower and lower earnings coming in if your traffic doesn't converts much. >:( Sometimes even if your traffic converts some networks tries and lowball you in order to make bigger profits for themselves. So choosing a good network will also be a key here.

There are many different ways of dealing with the above scenario. Either you buy good traffic at very low rates (Which is becoming almost impossible) and then throw them onto a good landing page (The definition of good landing pages are always changing) and then convert that traffic through a good paying network.

Hi Keral,
I own 300 plus domain names, 50% of these names are already in several brand-able marketplaces, like Brandbucket, Brandpa, Brandroot etc. 24% are 4 Letter dot com names. Rest are keywords names. Even though they have been parked in several places, so far I have not received a single cent from anyone as parking revenue. What options do I have if I want to earn some extra income from these domain names. Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestions.

That is good. I have almost all my domains accepted into those markets but I am not planning on paying $10 and $50 to those markets for listing my domain names along with 50,000 other names. :banghead:

For your domain names not receiving any good offers it would really depend on what the domain name actually is. But for a start try googling those words/letters and if you find something useful then make a note of that thing across your domain name in a simple notepad.

I keep a notepad in which I have my domains listed. I keep appending notes and potential customers information there below each domain name. I also keep record if I have contacted them or they have contacted me and in what year and what was the offer. That way you can always open that notepad and know where you standing at. Moreover if you are in hurry to raise some money to buy one house or an office then you can just start shooting emails out and within some weeks the money starts coming in. hehe.

Parking income is also quite dead. I know because I used to run a parking service for domainers which we were running in collaboration with yahoo europe. But well :xf.rolleyes: we closed it down one day and haven't looked back at it.

Last edited:
•••
What sort of domains do you invest in? What are you sales strategies?

Not investing in any as of now. Just holding. Used to invest in Short .com and Pronounceable ones.

Can you making me a simple website for my landing pages for free? lol **please**:xf.embarrassed::xf.grin:

hahaha Landing pages are already free just get one / edit some text and logo and upload it :)

•••
how many domains do you own? including .in? how much have you earned in domaining so far? a range can be

First of all sorry for late reply. I was logged out automatically and I was checking the page and not seeing any alerts.

Currently around 200 domains. Out of which 100 are like LLLL.coms and rest are just a bunch of keywords etc.

Till date I don't think I have earned much through domain name sales. But can be said that I have kept paying the renewals for 200 domains since last 14 years or so and its a break even.

I get lots of offers but then I don't sell sometimes and sometimes I do sell it.

Depends on what I am currently investing in etc.

My main earnings are from Web Development so the domaining angle was just for one big shot at big money and it is working good so far. :)

•••
•••
Keral,

Would you rather fight one duck the size of a horse, or one hundred horses the size of a duck?

•••
Can you making me a simple website for my landing pages for free? lol **please**:xf.embarrassed::xf.grin:

•••
•••
Hello Keral,

How are you doing today? Just wanted to ask something...

What's your:
gender?
birthdate?
mothers maiden name?
favorite Pet?

Hahaha, just kidding :P

Anyway, wanted to ask if there is any way to get free search engine traffic without much effort from our side? Apart from social media posting, directory listing, etc? Some kind of white hat secret technique that SEO experts usually hide from the entire world?

Thanks for your answers in advance :)

•••
Hi Keral, if I see a domain available for hand reg and valued by Godaddy Appraisal (GoValue) at $1900, should I buy?

Last edited:
•••
Hi Keral, what question can I ask you to make you happy?

•••
What are the best books out there right now to learn about online businesses.

•••
Is the cloud fast enough for me to put mp4 videos on the cloud and then
hotlink them to my website?

Cloud is fast enough Yes. I think even normal hosting is fast enough if you are not talking about streaming it to 1000s of users in peak time.

Just hotlinking is not going to put any pressure on the server resources. Once the download starts only the bandwidth will be used and I think that it would be enough for your needs.

On other hand if you are talking about 10,000 people downloading it at same time then benchmarks can be ran and for this kind of purposes torrent is the best strategy. (Considering you own the rights to the video)

Thanks.

•••
Last edited:
•••
how many domains do you own? including .in? how much have you earned in domaining so far? a range can be

•••
Keral,

Would you rather fight one duck the size of a horse, or one hundred horses the size of a duck?

Man you can't win with lawyers. :sneaky::sneaky:

I am quite lost because I know you will beat me with your logic :xf.grin: But that shows my total respect towards you and what you have done all this years for the domain name industry. (y)

Answering your question is tricky LOL but I would go with 100 horses the size of a duck. I don't know why I chose that answer but I have a habit of taking a bigger problem and dividing it into many smaller problems. After that I usually take care of those smaller problems one by one.

Same way with those smaller horses. I will kick the $hit out of them. Even if I lose I will take atleast 20 to 30 horses with me. >:(

If I get beaten up by 100 horses it would go down in history that I was defeated by 100 duck sized horses while getting beaten by 1 big huge duck looks bit bad :cautious:

•••
Hi,

I noticed that most of the Crypto ICO websites have more or less the same content and look and feel as well as functionality. Do they kinda all use the same software / developers, or just coincidence.

Have a look at https://friendz.io/ . What is that written in?

Thanks.

•••
•••
What sort of domains do you invest in? What are you sales strategies?

•••
Not investing in any as of now. Just holding. Used to invest in Short .com and Pronounceable ones.

hahaha Landing pages are already free just get one / edit some text and logo and upload it :)
I have a potato brain for that side of the interwebs, that's why I asked for help haha. Thanks though(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back