news ICANN Finalizes Transfer of Epik Accreditation

NameSilo
Watch

epik

Established Member
Epik.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations, I guess.

Can you clearly explain to the forum why this took so long?

•••
Has information regarding the new owners been released?

•••
•••
•••
It's pretty sad that ICANN would allow this incompetent clown show to continue.

Lost registrations.

1706744980889.png

Stolen Domains.

This case has still not been resolved. It is not the only report.

1706745036453.png

Unprofessional behavior.

https://domainnamewire.com/2024/01/...vows-to-boot-absolutist-free-speech-websites/

1706745255815.png

and more.

It's good to see that ICANN is looking out for the victims. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think @jberryhill will know, John does this mean everything completed?

Last edited:
•••
Since Epik LLC is now ICANN accredited, I tried to to find Full names and positions of all officers of Registrar somewhere on epik .com website.

As per the Registrar Accreditation Agreement, "Officer names and positions must be publicly displayed":

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registrar-accreditation-agreement-2023-06-08-en

So far, I was unable to do so.

@epik can you please enlighten us on this, exact URL?

Thank you.
If ICANN approved this, they own this debacle now.

I will make sure to file complaints for even the most minor technical violations, because rules are rules.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Regardless of who are the new owner(s) of Epik, why do you want to take a chance on your investment?

•••
•••
How did ICANN allow Epik to continue operating with the following facts;
1.Poor customer service; doesnt answer the phone most hours. Hours to get a email response
2. The MonsterBucks Scam.
3. How many ICANN complaints are there since the monsterbucks scam. I had submitted 3 complaints and more to come.
4. Customers paying for domain renewals for the domains not to be renewed.
5. Cherry picking and warehousing customers expired domains. (Monster was and current operations still are practicing this scheme)
6. Changing expiration/renewal policies and guidelines without notice to customers (when Royce took over the scam)
7. Allowing questionable websites on the platform.
8. The Epik hack of 2021.
9. Shady personnel under the Monster reign. And who knows who's running the Epik scheme now.
10. Running a registrar within the grey area. This is ICANN fault not having uniform expiration process and pricing all registrars must abide by. Epik charging $140 to renew a domain thats not even in redemption status, but claims the domain is in redemption.
11. Guts domains from customers account without notice on day 30 of the expiration process.
12. Even with the boxed check off NOT to have expired domains go into Epik's expired auction platforms, domains still end up in the expired auctions. This has been updated under the new management.

What else am I missing?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I can't even log in, I get:

An error occurred​

Application error​

I had a domain pushed to me here and I'm wondering if I should even accept it or ask for an auth code instead. Has anyone found Epik to be equally shady, or any less shady, since the accreditation transfer occurred? Should I consider trusting them now or just continue avoiding them completely?

•••
I can't even log in, I get:

An error occurred​

Application error​

I had a domain pushed to me here and I'm wondering if I should even accept it or ask for an auth code instead. Has anyone found Epik to be equally shady, or any less shady, since the accreditation transfer occurred? Should I consider trusting them now or just continue avoiding them completely?
What is the upside of using them?

I would never feel comfortable with a domain there.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back