IT.COM

IDN domains question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Where can i register one character idn domain???

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use DomainSite.com, works really nice..

•••
another question
i regged googñe.com
because on the hispanic kayboards ñ is near L but when i tipe googñe.com doesnt works only works with that xn--.....com code
WHy?

•••
IllCodeForFood said:
another question
i regged googñe.com
because on the hispanic kayboards ñ is near L but when i tipe googñe.com doesnt works only works with that xn--.....com code
WHy?

What kind of browser are you using? If you are using an old non-IDN compatible browser,it may not work.Open up Internet Explorer and try accessing the name,a prompt will pop up to download the I-NAV plug in to resolve IDN's.
Bear in mind,only Internet Explorer needs this plug in,other browsers resolve them naturally like Firefox,Netscape (my fav) and tons more I can't remember.The next version of IE will not need the plug in.

Last edited:
•••
Dillpup said:
IllCodeForFood said:
another question
i regged googñe.com
WHy?

What kind of browser are you using? If you are using an old non-IDN compatible browser,it may not work.Open up Internet Explorer and try accessing the name,a prompt will pop up to download the I-NAV plug in to resolve IDN's.
Bear in mind,only Internet Explorer needs this plug in,other browsers resolve them naturally like Firefox,Netscape (my fav) and tons more I can't remember.The next version of IE will not need the plug in.
is that true that the new IE won't need a plug in? When will the next IE come out?

•••
Other registrars that support IDN's are Enom and Idotz.

•••
IllCodeForFood said:
Where can i register one character idn domain???

Thanks!

The first problem will be finding one that's still available.All of the Latin based letters like a,b,c,d,etc with accent marks are taken.You can probably find decent one-character weird symbols,shapes,as well as Arabic,Chinese,Japanese,and more still available.
Overall I'd have to say DomainSite is the best because it's the cheapest at $7.77 AND they allow the registration of **ANY** IDN.
Idotz.net is awesome because your Domain Manager screen shows both the IDN and the "xn--" code,so it;s very handy..The only bad thing about Idotz is they do not allow single characters in the upper portion of the Character Map to be searched for or registered (they're all taken in COM and NET anyway..but it's nice to look at WHOIS as well as the other extensions)
If you search a common French letter like é on Idotz it will say "Error minimum 3 characters" but if you search a letter further down the character map like €,ỳ,or ọ it will work.

•••
sometimes the domainsite IDN converter stuffs up thouhg. Make sure that you check elsewhere that you got the right name

•••
Its a plugin, will never become standard.

•••
also try dotster.com for a bulk checker

•••
Well no,the "plug-in" itself won't be standard,the plug in will be obsolete.IDN resolution capability will simply be built into IE and already is in:

Mozilla 1.4+
Netscape 7.1+
Opera 7.11+
Apple Safari 1.2+
to name a few

•••
Dillpup said:
Well no,the "plug-in" itself won't be standard,the plug in will be obsolete.IDN resolution capability will simply be built into IE and already is in:

Mozilla 1.4+
Netscape 7.1+
Opera 7.11+
Apple Safari 1.2+
to name a few
that would be cool. The IDN market will boom right? (hopefully)

•••
If the domain industry hasn't grown tired of it when IE and Microsoft comes to it's senses I believe it will :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back