IT.COM

Important Changes to GoDaddy Auctions from April 29th, 2024

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
The way that you list domains for sale at GoDaddy is changing. From April 29th, 2024, Afternic will be your go-to for selling domain names. We’re bidding farewell to Member to Member listings at GoDaddy Auctions, which include Buy it Now, 7-Day Public Auction and Offer/Counteroffer listings.

We made this decision knowing that sellers of Buy it Now and Offer/Counteroffer listings will be best served by Afternic, with GoDaddy Auctions shifting its focus further towards expired domain name auctions.

Here are the key points you need to know:
  • As of April 29th, 2024, GoDaddy Auctions will no longer accept new Member to Member listings. Moving forward, Afternic will be the primary marketplace to list your domains for sale, catering to Buy it Now and Offer/Counteroffer listings, while 7-day public auctions will be retired from GoDaddy Auctions.
  • You have time to manage your listings, as all Member to Member listings on GoDaddy Auctions will be taken down on May 13th, 2024, four weeks from this announcement.
  • We recommend downloading your sold domain records from GoDaddy Auctions prior to May 13th, 2024.
  • Buyers can continue to purchase expired and Afternic listings through GoDaddy Auctions as usual. This doesn’t impact the exposure of Afternic listings at GoDaddy Auctions.

We have a comprehensive FAQs section in our blog post, that may answer questions you may have. If you can’t find the answer to your question in those FAQs, please contact [email protected], where we’ll be glad to provide you with more details.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Amen.

No more GD listings conflicting with Afternic listings - which has caused a BIG problem with GD BIN lander not displaying ANY PRICE AT ALL - and Godaddy search showing wrong price of erroneous (Usually old) listing.

•••
Amen.

No more GD listings conflicting with Afternic listings - which has caused a BIG problem with GD BIN lander not displaying ANY PRICE AT ALL - and Godaddy search showing wrong price of erroneous (Usually old) listing.
This enables sellers to utilize Afternic for all sales while continuing to provide syndicated exposure to GoDaddy Auctions. Your listings will still show but now you manage them at Afternic.

So GoDaddy Auctions focus on expired domain names and buying.
Afternic selling.

•••
You should have gone all the way past Afternic to Dan

•••
afternic ui is basically an unusable disaster on phones... then again so is gd... auctions or registrar
... these places are clueless on good ui design for phone at least... and believe u me I'm not only one domainer in world who uses phone for internet. far from it.

luckily there is dan... with great interface also syndicating with gd auctions if we add bins.. and other partners... tho I do wonder If the partner network if we go thru dan only.is not smaller than thru afternic???? @GoDaddy

•••
afternic ui is basically an unusable disaster on phones... then again so is gd... auctions or registrar
... these places are clueless on good ui design for phone at least... and believe u me I'm not only one domainer in world who uses phone for internet. far from it.

luckily there is dan... with great interface also syndicating with gd auctions if we add bins.. and other partners... tho I do wonder If the partner network if we go thru dan only.is not smaller than thru afternic???? @GoDaddy
Hi @alcy,
It's a little off-topic, but we're happy to answer! Domains distributed to the Afternic network via Dan.com (listed at Dan.com with a BIN price, and not listed at Afternic) receive standard network distribution. Domains listed directly at Afternic can achieve premium network distribution for eligible names. For more on the two networks, please take a look at this page: https://www.afternic.com/fast-transfer

Last edited:
•••
Hi @alcy,
It's a little off-topic, but we're happy to answer! Domains distributed to the Afternic network via Dan.com (listed at Dan.com with a BIN price, and not listed at Afternic) receive standard network distribution. Domains listed directly at Afternic can achieve premium network distribution for eligible names. For more on the two networks, please take a look at this page: https://www.afternic.com/fast-transfer

tnx.. why wont u be fair and give same exposure to both?

•••
As of April 29th, 2024, GoDaddy Auctions will no longer accept new Member to Member listings. Moving forward, Afternic will be the primary marketplace to list your domains for sale, catering to Buy it Now and Offer/Counteroffer listings, while 7-day public auctions will be retired from GoDaddy Auctions.
Here's a reminder that from today, Afternic will be your primary place to list domain names for sale.

You still have time to manage your listings, as all Member to Member listings on GoDaddy Auctions will be taken down on May 13th, 2024. We recommend downloading your sold domain records from GoDaddy Auctions prior to May 13th, 2024.

•••
This morning, I can't even access my GoDaddy auctions page most of the time ("An error has occurred, the development staff has been notified. We apologize for any inconvenience.") but even if I do get in, it doesn't let me respond to offers or counters.

I see there have been changes made to the UI, such as sending "List a Domain" to Afternic and disabling certain other features, but it's come at a cost of the entire GD system being extremely flaky this morning and you really can't accomplish anything.

It's pretty bad, as I had a couple of offers to negotiate on this morning and this certainly can't look good from the buyers POV either.

@GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
This morning, I can't even access my GoDaddy auctions page most of the time ("An error has occurred, the development staff has been notified. We apologize for any inconvenience.") but even if I do get in, it doesn't let me respond to offers or counters.

I see there have been changes made to the UI, such as sending "List a Domain" to Afternic and disabling certain other features, but it's come at a cost of the entire GD system being extremely flaky this morning and you really can't accomplish anything.

It's pretty bad, as I had a couple of offers to negotiate on this morning and this certainly can't look good from the buyers POV either.

@GoDaddy
Hi @DomainRecap
We're sorry about that! We identified a small error and worked to resolve it. As we mentioned in our announcement, you'll be able to access and manage existing listings and offers until May 13th. If you continue to be unable to see your offers, please DM us as soon as you can.

•••
If you continue to be unable to see your offers, please DM us as soon as you can.

Nope it was back up in the afternoon. Thanks.

•••
sorry, I posted in wrong thread

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy, does this mean Afternic will also get the SEO features for Member-to-Member trades, the same as GD-Auctions? Does this affect DAN in any way?
Another Question: Since GD Auctions remain somewhat for new GD members to acquire with Auctions, will this affect the legal structure of GD Auctions?

Future plans: I guess you can't tell about the future plans, but is this the first "wave" or are as of now more implementations towards Afternic planned?

Best
zotix

•••
@GoDaddy, does this mean Afternic will also get the SEO features for Member-to-Member trades, the same as GD-Auctions? Does this affect DAN in any way?
Another Question: Since GD Auctions remain somewhat for new GD members to acquire with Auctions, will this affect the legal structure of GD Auctions?

Future plans: I guess you can't tell about the future plans, but is this the first "wave" or are as of now more implementations towards Afternic planned?

Best
zotix
Hi @zotix
Afternic doesn't plan to implement public auctions at this time but it is your venue to sell domain names at GoDaddy. It also has wholesale options such as Custom Checkout Link, which allows you to use our Transaction Assurance process for a low commission fee of 5%.

GoDaddy Auctions remains the destination to buy expired inventory through GoDaddy. This doesn't affect Dan.com in any way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back