Domain Empire

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's the last thing you should be worried about honestly. So far this has been kept controlled (Sort of speak) in forums and blogs but the truth is that the last thing Adam wants is for this be featured on the 6 o'clock news.
Consider ALL the people Adam has dealings with over these years faces when their association with him are questioned and back door dealings with him are made public for all to watch.

In my opinion is he only has 2 options
1. Pay up, save face and lay low.
2. Don't pay and burn everyone who ever he dealt with him in ANY shape or form.

Can this happen? I guess 12 pm Midnight today will give us the answer.

P.s "Retribution" on ANY of the victims could make someone make that call to the right aouthorities/media outlet.

Bro,

Nobody, amd I mean Nobody wants this to hit the mainstream media.
The general perception of this industry is already bad enough.
Something like this breaks and people start calling for "regulation", which could mean anything. The possible repercussions could deflate the entire system on which domainers do business.

I understand that most of the complaints here are related to the biulding of websites, but the general public sees Internet / Domains / Websites as one package, one entity, something they dont really have a grasp of and if one part is crooked, then why isnt some governing agency looking into all of this?

And again, I'm sure we'll all agree, Nobody wants that, do they?

jmo

Peace,
Cy

•••

I'm sure everyone will get their refunds. All everyone needs to do is respond to the lawyer's letter, delete their posts on this thread, wait until Tuesday, stand on one leg and cluck like chickens, and then guess what number Adam is thinking of between 1 and infinity. Next comes the fire challenge followed by alligator wrestling. After that, expect your refund on the day of the first solar eclipse after his next big domain sale ( except if that falls on a calendar day, in which case the whole process starts anew ). Just be patient everyone.

•••
If you are from Europe, Adam Dicker also will be at the London Domain Summit.

Entry is free, food and drinks as well.

.. you are grown-ups > put up your pants and talk to Adam in person or directly online.

And, if there are still unresolved issues > make arrangements like GROWN-UPS do. .. sign contracts, work on payment plans etc.. are we in the kindergarten? Sounds fair?

Show me 1 person who hasn't f***ed up at some point in the life? I can't.

.. I could also start few threads about few big names in our industry (and 10+ about me) how we have f***ed up at some stages of our lives.

:D :D .. and 1 well-known guy from our industry has even blocked me after I announced that there will be a livestream with Adam. .. :D :D

All the best all!!

What has happened, has happened. Life moves on. And, in this simple business world of ours, there are simple baby steps on how agreements are made over unresolved issues.

No offence, but just a joke of a human being can think this way and post this crap.

Fan boy much, huh?

•••
I just had an inquiry for a domain of 500 UsD that I registered only based on the free information given by Adam Dicker in a video at facebook - free - 6 weeks ago

WOW you had a "Inquiry" that's amazing!!!!

surprise.jpg

•••
Lanny - if you're giving domaining a go PM me. I'd like to offer you some free guidance and tips to try to help you get yourself up and running.

Thank you that is very kind. I have had a few offers like this after posting and I am very appreciative. I had to liquidate the majority of my portfolio due to the financial bind I was in, and admittedly all of this has left me a bit jaded about domaining. I would like to eventually get back into investing and flipping once I am in a better position to do so.

•••
Adam said it was a trade name,

A trade name, trading name, or business name is a pseudonym used by companies to perform their business under a name that differs from the registered, legal name of the business. Trade names are typically used by companies to conduct their operations under a simpler brand as opposed to using their formal name within all public communications, or when a desired name was not able to be registered by the business operator, or if that business is owned by a separate company, franchisee, or a sole proprietorship.

The distinction between a registered legal name and a "fictitious" business name or trade name is important, as businesses with the latter give no obvious indication of the true identity of the entity that is legally responsible for their operation. Fictitious business names do not create legal entities in and of themselves; they are merely names assumed by existing persons or entities.[1] Legal agreements such as contracts are normally made under the registered legal name of the business or owner, and the legal name must be used whenever a business sues or is being sued.

In the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Zimbabwe (as well as some parts of the United States), the phrase trading as (abbreviated t/a) is used to designate trade names. In Canada and the United States, the phrase "doing business as" (abbreviated DBA, dba, d.b.a. or d/b/a) is used. In English writing, trade names are generally treated as proper nouns.[2]

•••
I believe the $2500 was all cleared and you might have missed it. Managers were like business partners initially and income was based on profit sharing, not fixed salary. But later on, it changed. But the whole concept on which Adam hired managers was profit sharing and that's how business goes in the corporate world when someone opt to do partnership. It's another thing that it didn't worked out for Adam and others.

And please, let's not judge anyone's pockets by their mistakes.

What on earth does that have to do with my post, the one that you objected to, which was asking a very simple question.... how did DNF get 125,000 new members in one day?

Why are you defending this? People pay money to contribute to some of the forums on that site.

Now, if I paid to advertise in a newspaper with a circulation of 1 million people, and later found out that it only had a circulation of 600,000..... don't you think I've been deceived?

•••
NEWS:

I can confirm that the poster frank-germany is an associate of Rick Wedzinga, who is a friend of Adam Dicker and was involved in WebCorp LLC. They are friends on facebook.

He is also connected with Adam Dicker....

Which I think means we may have to consider this to be a threat:

and soon Santa Claas will come with xmas presents

Unfortunately hard evidence that WebInvestments is also associated with the pair continues to elude me, but he is Dutch and Rick Wedzinga runs a large Dutch domainers community, so I'm sure we can put 2+2 together.

Attachments

• abcdefg.PNG
    abcdefg.PNG
    449.3 KB · Views: 18
  • adam dicker.PNG
    adam dicker.PNG
    114.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
•••
It has gotten to the point where people are bullying my kids in chats on Facebook and Skype rather then having me solve their issues.

That's not good, not cool. Family is off-limit.
To all domainers, let's keep it up to domain business circle.

Everybody makes mistake, Adam is here to rectify the issues.
Word of the day "Forgiveness". He already admitted his fault, and I think he's making progress.

Have a lovely day.

•••
I am *very* grateful for Shane's actions in support of those of us in this unfortunate position.

And we should all be grateful to Shane and the various other parties who have come forward to share their negative experiences. I for one did not know that Adam Dicker was somebody to avoid doing business with until 10 days ago, now I do, and now many others also know not to trust Adam Dicker with their money or to look to him for guidance.

We should all be grateful for this. People are saying that this is all about his victims. I disagree with that actually, whilst the primary focus is quite rightfully on getting reimbursement for those people, lets not forget how valuable this thread will be to anybody who is about to hand over money to Adam Dicker and thanks to due diligence (a google search) they can now make an informed decision as to whether or not to do so. It could save a lot of people some major headaches, and that's why it is important that this thread doesn't ever get deleted.

Last edited:
•••
I understand what you are saying. But, the guy has done irreparable damage to his brand and reputation. I guess it gets easier to be sleazy or not follow through after you don't follow through the first time.

At the very least he is ignorant and sophomoric in what he did, at the other extreme he is a patent medicine salesman selling bogus magical elixirs. Looks like he has lost all credibility, and from all the complaints rightfully so. Greed and ego will get you every time. Karma has a habit of taking a big bite out of one's ass when one is less than forthright and forthcoming.

•••
Adam did not deliver on a 1.5k build he did for me, also lead gen software licence purchased from him failed to validate after two weeks.This has been over 1 year now and he has failed to live up to his promises.

•••
Not to be a party pooper but does anyone else realise this forum is not closed, all comments can be seen in search pages, and the man being spoken about has A FAMILY..
Shouldn't this post be made a bit more private? Or does no one here seem to care about the feelings of kids? ..................... Think of the children please.

Respectfully, keep in mind that there are folks who dished out hard earned money to Adam and received nothing. They also wasted countless hours trying to get that money back. You've read their comments, no?

So he took money from people, if they had children then it was money to hopefully enrich those folks' children's lives....

So why is it Adam's children you're concerned with? Might be a good learning experience for them.

Its like CC Sabathia said the other day when he checked himself into rehab before the playoffs even began

At the time, Sabathia defended his lifestyle and said the most difficult part of the situation was explaining the headlines to his 12-year-old son.

“That’s the toughest part: ‘Dad had a bad night. Made a bad decision. Sometimes these things happen,’ ” Sabathia said.

via: http://nypost.com/2015/10/05/cc-sabathia-enters-alcohol-rehab-on-eve-of-postseason/

Perhaps Adam should have a similar discussion with his children explaining how he screwed people out of earning money for THEIR family/children...

•••
Just spoke with Adam on the phone. He will be addressing the concerns soon.

•••
@Adam Dicker, do you think all allegations from the blog at least should be addressed?

Yes definitely, that's why I gave my email out to resolve them.
But not in front of a few people that are turning this into a lynch mob rather than wanting to actually help people.

•••
•••
Adam may have over-promised. Most companies do. Why are we still buying unstable o/s and defective systems? Why does NASA & Musk still risk lives by sending rockets to space?

Is that being criminal? Adam is making efforts to resolve this. Give him his due. Some may have a genuine complaint against Adam, but most of you are just eager to bring someone down.

Do you get the size and quality sandwich you see aired on TV? No!

This is how the world works. To allude someone as a criminal is excessive and uncalled for. All of you vote for your elected officials based on the promises they make. They then, stab you in the back.

I am not defending Adam, as I do not know all the facts much as many of you don't, but this thread is simply overkill. Pretty beardboy with canine by his side is not the angel without an agenda of his own.

Adam did not simply over-promise to a few and not follow throu because he was bussy.

Adam ignored and moved away from issues even after people told him what trouble they were in.

He took money for services that were never delivered in full, he multi lied all across the board on those projects he started with people, and didnt give a dam about them when they gave everything up for him and the projects they possible could have, maybe you should go back and read some of the stories shared here- that has just nothing to do with simply "over promising" anymore.

He is now fixing the issues with the ones that step forward, yes- but what about the ones that dont read this thread nor ever see it... i am after reading some past posts 100% sure, that if Adam would take 5 minutes to think a bit he could think of endless people like lanny and Benja ... will HE reach out to them because they dont see this post and dont reach out to him? i highly highly doubt that, and THAT would be the character change that would be needed- and none else.

That being said- i hope we can atleast see no future victims (i call them this because thats what they simply are) and that business will be run better from NOW on...

•••
Blenja, its good that you have faith in people, but you are really being naive. I see people get conned, complain, and go back to only get conned again regularly. Dont be that sucker. Get made whole financially, sever ties, and dont look back

Going into this, the godaddy thing, the nichewebsites issues, the fake dicker team, the dncollege, the miracle software, mugshots.com, all are unethical business practices.

There is a long track record of exploitation of people in a weaker position. Not just utilization of their services to capatalize, but explotation.

When do you realize that a person isnt trustworthy? This isnt the first occurance, and this isnt the first time issues have come to light in a major way.

I have nothing against Mr. Dicker, I actually feel that his interviews and negotiation tips have made me more successful as a newbie to domaining, and he hasnt profited from me at all, but I do think enough information has come to light that you have to realise that the hopes and dreams being sold to you are smoke and mirrors.

•••
NEWS:

I can confirm that the poster frank-germany is an associate of Rick Wedzinga, who is a friend of Adam Dicker and was involved in WebCorp LLC. They are friends on facebook.

He is also connected with Adam Dicker....

9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif

•••
I have been told the same thing by Adam. That the sale of DNF was done to finance the reimbursements. My reply was "good to hear" and "what the hell did you do with all that money you said you made"

•••
I don't want to hate on George Verdugo but I also don't want more newbie domainers to get caught up in some pig with lipstick version of Dicker's prior schemes. So people should take note of the prior posts about Verdugo and his apparent website partnerships with Dicker.

I would also point out that Dicker and Verdugo seem to be cut from similar cloth in terms of their self-hype, baseless claims and ability to get street cred for doing things that have no substance.

Case in point...........Verdugo as been the subject of at least four articles at Domain Gang over the past two years. This article announces:

George Verdugo purchased the domain VivaCuba.com!!!

Except that it’s parked, undeveloped and for sale. Not to mention it has an Estibot valuation of $1500 and that Vivamerica.com sold for $2500 in 2007. So a very pedestrian purchase by anyone's standards being highlighted for some reason at Domain Gang.

Furthermore, in this video interview Verdugo says he is the owner of the “world’s largest real estate domain” built on the “best WordPress site in the world”. Verdugo says it's bigger than ReMax and Century 21 for the Hispanic community. He is referring of course to his domain: CasasBaratas.com. (CheapHouses)

It’s a Latino based real estate website with listings in dozens of countries. However….. the website has 7 real estate listings for the entire United States. Fifteen listings in the country of Spain and 8 listings for the entire country of Mexico. I didn’t check further but I suspect the listings in the dozen other countries follow the same pattern.

Sellers list their properties for free so I'm not sure how Verdugo is making any money from this website.

Also in the You Tube interview, Verdugo claims that he is the owner of “the world’s largest space travel domain, VisitSpace.com” which, you guessed it, consists of a single landing page, no development, no monetization and very little value (Estibot says $580).

So consumers should aware of his business style and approach with caution.

Last edited:
•••
Also after speaking to an attorney, what is criminal is 'unauthorized access to a computer' and 'extortion'.

I am hiring a US lawyer to deal with these and other issues but I do not plan on avoiding the actual issues.

My side will come out eventually and I thank even those in this thread that don't like me for their support.
Adam

•••
$hit happens

Last edited:
•••
I woke up this morning and decided not to decide, it makes no difference in my life so why cast judgement on someone Ive never met.
Here is my final conclusion:

a) Shane knows viral marketing much better than I do or will ever.
b) Adam has maybe helped some people and maybe not helped others, but since he never screwed me over in any way I will never know the truth 100% so its not my job to decide.
c) I have my own life to worry about so it is ridiculous I wasted so much of my time yesterday reading this thread, I need to learn time management better if anyone has a course on that you could recommend that would be great ;)

I have a course I'll sell you for $1000, reduced from $3999, but sold three days ago to somebody else for $29.

PM if interested ;)

•••
Part 1 out 5.

Let me spill the beans: My Experience with following Adam and enrolling in Domain College.

I really didn’t want to be forth coming like this, but as illustrated with Frank Schilling, your request to get reimbursed or refunded only happens when a public statement is made. I have frankly waited too long and am still waiting on a failed commitment and no connection to an industry insider in order for me to capitalize from a website I paid $1500 for and which the transaction took place 13 months ago. I have since asked for a refund, various times. More on this later in Part 2 or 3.

When entering the Domain Industry I looked for guidance and followed Adam since he seemed like a "mild mannered guy who will do anything for anyone". He displayed wisdom in the Domain Industry. He seem like he was well respected as an industry leader. He showed vulnerability. He cries out openly on a Youtube video, about his harbored feelings about how hard it was to let go of his Dads passing. He seemingly sounded genuine and trusting. I was in for a little shocker.

First: Adam's Domain Broker Course.
http://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20140616/ >>> 59:10
Normally the course was supposed to cost 2k. It was offered on AdamDicker.com. I felt like I was going to learn how to make good domain investments by a respectable domain industry figure. Adam offered a special on DomainSherpa for 1k (50% Off) and stated to visit this link to sign up

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...main-broker-course/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

So, wanting to learn from the Industry Expert and getting real excited on getting 12 coaching sessions by what seems to be by Adam, I signed up. Did I get even one coaching session by Adam? No. Did I get 12 coaching sessions by anyone. No. After visiting the sign up page or link, is it made clear anywhere that the coaching would be given by anyone but Adam? Not to me.

I simply got many Youtube videos, featuring Adam (which I would guess, 95% are readily available on his Youtube channel or on Youtube.com in general or other Video Sources. )

In fact I believe I had watched pretty much had already watched most of them already before this course. So okay. That sucks. Than I should get excited about learning about domaining through Adam's group coaching. Wrong. One coaching session by someone I didn't even know existed because I signed up with the 50% discount. (Didn't state that on the Sign up page on AdamDicker.com. And this was the one and only thing that had some value to me, but was it worth 1k? Sorry, but that one coaching session wasn't that good to be worth 1k.)

Okay, the course was offered by Troy Rushton. However, I think transparency on his "Domain Broker Course", on his website should have been in order. The course is laid out so you take a few courses each day. By the time I was finished and found out that what I thought I signed up for, would not be delivered, the 30 Udemy refund policy had already being surpassed.

Okay. Nothing criminal here. At this time my attitude was: I am eager to learn about domaining. Lets scratch that and move on.

PS: Honestly. I just want closure and want to be refunded what is owed to me. Part 2 tomorrow

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back