Domain Empire

Is it mandatory that you must use Brandbucket logo designers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey guys. never did check out Brandbucket but since I am now officially on Sell mode. I took a look at it for my more brandable domains.

I see that you can use Brandbucket's own Logo Designers at a cost of anywhere from $100-$500 a pop. The cost of which will be factored into the price.

And then they say you can do your own logo. but you'll need to be accepted into their in house network of logo designers.

I'm not a logo designer. But I dabble in copy and pasting Vector Graphics into admittedly "not so great" logos.
So would they accept me?

another thing is. Would they allow it if I hired freelancers to do my logo and then I submit it to Brandbucket?

I suspect there is an extra cost if I do this. But I wonder if this would be cheaper solution than $100-$500.

Some info from anyone who has ever dealt with BB would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You said: Would they accept me?

BB has minimal logo quality standards. You don't have to be big time pro designer but you do have to meet a certain standard. The only way to find out is to submit an application and show them some of your work. You can find out more here on their logo designers FAQ page:
https://www.brandbucket.com/help/faq/designers

As for hiring free lancers to do your logos......... it seems unlikely but better to email them and find out for yourself.

Last edited:
•••
Hey guys. never did check out Brandbucket but since I am now officially on Sell mode. I took a look at it for my more brandable domains.

I see that you can use Brandbucket's own Logo Designers at a cost of anywhere from $100-$500 a pop. The cost of which will be factored into the price.

And then they say you can do your own logo. but you'll need to be accepted into their in house network of logo designers.

I'm not a logo designer. But I dabble in copy and pasting Vector Graphics into admittedly "not so great" logos.
So would they accept me?

another thing is. Would they allow it if I hired freelancers to do my logo and then I submit it to Brandbucket?

I suspect there is an extra cost if I do this. But I wonder if this would be cheaper solution than $100-$500.

Some info from anyone who has ever dealt with BB would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you choose $100 option, and there is no reason to believe adding more in this category will yield any better results in the quality of logo and/or sales numbers, and you have sale through ratio of 4%, the effective expected cost is around $4. Now, if you can get a discount from BB for doing your own logos, then maybe you can find someone that would agree to do the logos for you in that range, but you'd still not be saving much on it.

•••
If you choose $100 option, and there is no reason to believe adding more in this category will yield any better results in the quality of logo and/or sales numbers, and you have sale through ratio of 4%, the effective expected cost is around $4. Now, if you can get a discount from BB for doing your own logos, then maybe you can find someone that would agree to do the logos for you in that range, but you'd still not be saving much on it.

I think in BB's wording to do your own logo you must show your own portfolio like really show that doing logos is your side biz.

As for hiring a logo designer on fiverr some charge $20 only others more of course.

This is why I though going diy would come out cheaper.

Anyone with experience doing it themselves via logo designer outside of BB?

Last edited:
•••
•••
You said: Would they accept me?

BB has minimal logo quality standards. You don't have to be big time pro designer but you do have to meet a certain standard. The only way to find out is to submit an application and show them some of your work. You can find out more here on their logo designers FAQ page:
https://www.brandbucket.com/help/faq/designers

As for hiring free lancers to do your logos......... it seems unlikely but better to email them and find out for yourself.

Seems unlikely to me too but wanted to see if anyone on NP has managed to finagle this?

Lol

•••
I think in BB's wording to do your own logo you must show your own portfolio like really show that doing logos is your side biz.

As for hiring a logo designer on fiverr some charge $20 only others more of course.

This is why I though going diy would come out cheaper.

Anyone with experience doing it themselves via logo designer outside of BB?

If you pay $20 and order 100 of those, you pay $2000 UPFRONT.

Let's say, you sell 4% of your 100 names a year and restock immediately.

It means, you'd pay another $80 for restocking (4 new domains at $20).

And you'd save $100x4 - $80 = $320.

It would take you almost 7 years just to recoup your investment of original $2000, not counting any interest (or lost opportunity)...

•••
If you pay $20 and order 100 of those, you pay $2000 UPFRONT.

Let's say, you sell 4% of your 100 names a year and restock immediately.

It means, you'd pay another $80 for restocking (4 new domains at $20).

And you'd save $100x4 - $80 = $320.

It would take you almost 7 years just to recoup your investment of original $2000, not counting any interest (or lost opportunity)...

Agreed.

I do love that this logo "bill" only gets "paid" when and if the domain sells.

Very good concept for sure on BB's part.

But the whole " you can't list a BB domain" on any other marketplace kinda sucks.

On another note. Very surprising that BB hasn't tried to stop all the "BB ACCEPTED" domains being marketed on NP that I occasionally see on NP.

I mean what's the deal with that?

If say a BB accepted domain did get sold on NP
Can the domainer remove that domain from BB?

Sounds like trouble where the logo designer is concerned.

I'm sure BB monitors NP too.

•••
BB doesn't/shouldn't see problem here.

Liquidity is good, because it removes one of the concerns for sellers, so they would add more/better names to the platform.

NP sales are only among BB account holders, so really does not affect BB sales. If new owner wants to remove, he/she would do it with 30 day warning.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back