IT.COM

domain istockmarket.biz what to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hello, I didn't know where to exactly put this question since it's part appraisal question part customer handling.

I got a question about the above domain name, and the buyer said that he will pay about 65-70% of the appraisal made by Sedo (and some other companies).

Since I figured that the appraisal cost would be more then the domain could be worth.

So I'm asking you to appraise the domain and some advice how to handle the customer - thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to say, but this sounds like the domain appraisal scam. There's a lot of info about it on this forum - the scammer expresses interest in a domain and steers you towards their company for an appraisal (if you choose Sedo they'll find an excuse not to accept it). You pay for the appraisal and the "buyer" disappears.

If the buyer wants an appraisal they can pay for it themselves.

•••
Its the classic apprasial scam. they get your to pay for a apprasial and then disapear. The amount paid for an apprasial would probally be more than the name was worth.

•••
Thank you for the replay, I also thought something was fishy first time I came across something like that.

•••
Yeah appraisal scam.
Do not pay anything out. If a buyer wants a domain they will make an offer for it.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back