IT.COM

discuss .LINK binge continues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
".LINK is no worse than .XYZ".....like the .com loyalists despising the .xyz insurgence, the .xyz loyalists despise the .link insurgence.

While most of the really good "single word" .link domains have been registered still a few remain. For example, the day after Thanksgiving I was able to register Thankfulness.link that happens to be no worse than Thankfulness.xyz or Thankfulness.com.

In the way of an update.....domains under management aka DUM has grown from 200,000 to 221,000 since May, and 1,500 of those I've registered. In addition, i have it from some reliable sources that "Good News is Coming":xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you kidding me Eric....i couldn't have made it any clearer as to why I've been buying/accumulating .link domains since learning about the sale of this extension from Frank Schilling of UniRegistry to Yoni Belousov and some other investors to include Jeff Gabriel, CEO of SAW.com earlier last year.

Do you mean to tell me you didn't know about this Eric? How about all the others whose sole purpose it is/was to stalk and intimidate me simply because I don't do business their or the NamePros way?

Regardless of whether you allow this post/response to stand and regardless of whether .LINK is successful or not, I find it hard to believe you and NamePros are so critical of a "turnaround" investor who see's upside potential and value in each and every .LINK domain i own:unsure:
My on-topic questions to you regarding your .link investing experience were genuine as a follow-up to a thread you started about .link and posted multiple times about the decades of investing experience you have. I was looking to learn more, to add to my own arsenal of knowledge and wasn't expecting to have the majority of questions about your personal .link journey ignored and the subject changed/deflected each time.

We all do it differently.

What works for one doesn't always work for another and results may vary. I've always been a big believer in that.

You could have added that bit with your answers. I was just taken back by the deflection and got frustrated having to ask the same questions multiple times, with no acknowledgement of them. It's ok if you haven't made any .link sales yet. I was genuinely curious for the data points.

I like to compile research and data points for various extensions and niches (As seen in the Professional Appraisals I do daily sometimes).

So, please don't take my questions personal. I ask lots of members the same questions in niches they express expertise in to gather various data points for later use.

However, at the same time, I don't want to see any new investors led down the wrong path either. So when someone with decades of investing experience hosting a niche topic thread won't cooperate/participate in personal investment journey questions related to the very topic they created to assist with data points to help other potential investors, I have to take a step back and re-evaluate with whom I should be asking these niche related questions.

I would love to hear from .link investors with some Verifiable Sales, STR, ROI, POS, and other data points to offer that could help this topic and it's viewers better their best.

If anyone reading this has some of the above data points to share, please do. I'm looking to dig into the .link extension a bit more before I decide if it's a viable extension to consider adding into my portfolio or potentially developing on.

Most importantly, let's keep the topic about .link and see if we can learn from one another.

•••
My on-topic questions to you regarding your .link investing experience were genuine as a follow-up to a thread you started about .link and posted multiple times about the decades of investing experience you have. I was looking to learn more, to add to my own arsenal of knowledge and wasn't expecting to have the majority of questions about your personal .link journey ignored and the subject changed/deflected each time.

What works for one doesn't always work for another and results may vary. I've always been a big believer in that.

You could have added that bit with your answers. I was just taken back by the deflection and got frustrated having to ask the same questions multiple times, with no acknowledgement of them. It's ok if you haven't made any .link sales yet. I was genuinely curious for the data points.

I like to compile research and data points for various extensions and niches (As seen in the I do daily sometimes).

So, please don't take my questions personal. I ask lots of members the same questions in niches they express expertise in to gather various data points for later use.

However, at the same time, I don't want to see any new investors led down the wrong path either. So when someone with decades of investing experience hosting a niche topic thread won't cooperate/participate in personal investment journey questions related to the very topic they created to assist with data points to help other potential investors, I have to take a step back and re-evaluate with whom I should be asking these niche related questions.

I would love to hear from .link investors with some Verifiable Sales, STR, ROI, POS, and other data points to offer that could help this topic and it's viewers better their best.

If anyone reading this has some of the above data points to share, please do. I'm looking to dig into the .link extension a bit more before I decide if it's a viable extension to consider adding into my portfolio or potentially developing on.

Most importantly, let's keep the topic about .link and see if we can learn from one another.
Eric....thanks for allowing my post/response to stand, and yes I've had decades of investing experience with startups (mostly my own) and "turnarounds" (equity/stock markets).

Like most entrepreneurs I've met with both success and failure having started my first business in 1970.

With regards to .LINK, my involvement is mostly as a "turnaround" investment, but it also may involve a "startup" investment ala......"If it's to be, it's up to me"

Your comments; "We all do it differently. What works for one doesn't always work for another and results may vary. I've always been a big believer in that." are spot on Eric, and maybe there should be a footnote at either the beginning of a thread that i start, or after every post in order to be more transparent.

Moving on....questions like,"I would love to hear from .link investors with some Verifiable Sales, STR, ROI, POS, and other data points to offer that could help this topic and it's viewers better their best." are way to premature imo especially involving the early stages of a turnaround. Eric, i knew i wouldn't see results overnight, but at the same time I made it my business to learn what the new owners had planned for .LINK.

Now questions like Jean Guillion asked earlier in this thread, "So you've registered 1500 .link domains? Is it a good business? What do you do with these?" are perfectly fine. This was just a few months ago and it gave me an opportunity to explain to Jean why I was accumulating .link domains and what I plan to do with them. It also provided me with the opportunity to share with other NamePros members information about the new owners of .link and some of their plans to grow the extension.

Anyway, it also appears John McCormac owner/founder of HosterStats has also taken an interest in the .LINK "turnaround" else he wouldn't have commented about the "next two quarters" results:unsure:

That's it for now Eric.......i hope this helps.

•••
I can see freespeech.link developed, but what might dc.link promote? Alex....did we ever touch base about Welcome321.com where 321 is the area code for the Space Coast and Orlando?
dc.link is for "rule_violation", my discord server. I just use it for short sharing url only.

321 is one area code for Orange County, FL but the main one is 407, which is preferred here.

•••
@ThatNameGuy -

I think you've made it clear now that you are deliberately avoiding the questions meant to help all potential and existing .link investors/resellers following this topic. Your posts in this thread made it seem as if you were seasoned in this niche and that readers should follow your advice. I may have been mistaken by the context of your replies/posts, which led to my sincere attempt to learn more from you with the questions I outlined.

Taking a closer look, your posts appear to be more promotional, geared to try and get NamePros members to visit the domains you link drop in a majority (if not all your posts).

I would advise readers of this thread to not take any of your .link advice at this point (At least until you have some verifiable sales or development experience in the .link niche).

Please try not to mislead any newer .link investors/resellers.

I wish you the best in your .link ventures. Please consider some of the advice some more seasoned members have offered and don't be to quick to sweep the knowledge they offer under the rug.
Most of us are here to conduct serious business. I am not sure what @ThatNameGuy is here for other than just attention.

Every one of his threads goes the same direction...

1.) Talk about how great he is and all his past (irrelevant to domains) accomplishments.
2.) Namedrop to make him seem more important and credible.
3.) Quote others, often out of context, as if they are endorsing him or his business model.
4.) Spam a bunch of domains he owns.
5.) Talk about how everyone else is a "hoarder", but not the guy with 1500+ domains and limited (if any) sales.
6.) Talk about how messed up the domain industry is and repeat the one Verisign quote over, and over, and over, and over again.
7.) Rinse and Repeat.

There are people actually trying to help him, you know people who have had far more success in this field.

Brad

•••
For perspective:
.link is an active gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The Registry and manager of the TLD is Uniregistry.[1] The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 18 January 2014.[2]
Source

.link has had almost a decade to generate traction and data points, so I don't think it's premature at all to expect to see some movement with the extension by now.

Sales reports for .link
  • NameBio.com reports 146 total entries for .link sales dating back to 2018 - The majority are in the low three-figure range
  • DnSal.es reports 200+ total entries for .link sales dating back to 2014 - The majority are in the low three-figure range
It's nice to see a couple of the top sales developed, like: App.link and eth.link

Though it's a bit discouraging to see other top sales still parked, landed, redirects, or 404 errors like: 8.link, cloud.link, we.link, smart.link, z.link, secure.link, etc.......

The sales above are all in the 5-figures dating back almost a decade in some cases with plenty of time to develop them or find a new home.

With so many still sitting, it begs to bring concern that resellers/investors are having a very hard time finding actual end users for the .link assets and that the renewals stacked on the initial investments are potential financial losses every year. At some point (1, 2, 3+ decades later) such stacked investments may not be able to bounce back with a green profit margin and become destined for a red margin in loss.

Of course, not all .link domains are created equal and some are considered premium in quality with potentially a higher market demand.

As with all extensions, you can only pass them around between other investors at slightly marked up wholesale pricing for marginal profits so much before the hot potato is no longer interesting enough for another investor to take a chance on. At that point, either an investor is left holding the proverbial hot potato bag for an ultimate loss or it landed with a bonified salesman with niche market experience and contacts that can actually put the potato in the hands of a new start-up or existing company looking to rebrand for a profit.

Determining the safe hot potato threshold is the ultimate challenge so that there is still interest and wiggle room to at least make a quick marginal profit at whole liquidation in the event the investor needs capital fast, has an emergency financial situation, or wants to pivot to a different niche without being stuck holding that proverbial bag.

At any rate, I got a little long-winded. So I'll stop there for now and look forward to seeing any data points and insight other members have to share regarding .link to change my mind.

Last edited:
•••

I like to compile research and data points for various extensions and niches (As seen in the I do daily sometimes).

For perspective:

.link has had almost a decade to generate traction and data points, so I don't think it's premature at all to expect to see some movement with the extension by now.

Sales reports for .link
  • NameBio.com reports 146 total entries for .link sales dating back to 2018 - The majority are in the low three-figure range
  • DnSal.es reports 200+ total entries for .link sales dating back to 2014 - The majority are in the low three-figure range
It's nice to see a couple of the top sales developed, like: App.link and eth.link

Though it's a bit discouraging to see other top sales still parked, landed, redirects, or 404 errors like: 8.link, cloud.link, we.link, smart.link, z.link, secure.link, etc.......

The sales above are all in the 5-figures dating back almost a decade in some cases with plenty of time to develop them or find a new home.

With so many still sitting, it begs to bring concern that resellers/investors are having a very hard time finding actual end users for the .link assets and that the renewals stacked on the initial investments are potential financial losses every year. At some point (1, 2, 3+ decades later) such stacked investments may not be able to bounce back with a green profit margin and become destined for a red margin in loss.

Of course, not all .link domains are created equal and some are considered premium in quality with potentially a higher market demand.

As with all extensions, you can only pass them around between other investors at slightly marked up wholesale pricing for marginal profits so much before the hot potato is no longer interesting enough for another investor to take a chance on. At that point, either an investor is left holding the proverbial hot potato bag for an ultimate loss or it landed with a bonified salesman with niche market experience and contacts that can actually put the potato in the hands of a new start-up or existing company looking to rebrand for a profit.

Determining the safe hot potato threshold is the ultimate challenge so that there is still interest and wiggle room to at least make a quick marginal profit at whole liquidation in the event the investor needs capital fast, has an emergency financial situation, or wants to pivot to a different niche without being stuck holding that proverbial bag.

At any rate, I got a little long-winded. So I'll stop there for now and look forward to seeing any data points and insight other members have to share regarding .link to change my mind.
For a current perspective, Uniregistry ie. no longer owns the New gTLD .link, and I thought you knew that? John McCormac the owner of Hosterstats essentially said that Frank Schilling was a very poor operator having registered thousands of Premium domains for themselves and doing very little to promote them.

To see what I mean, check HosterStats for the following Premium domains that I purchased for $110 each;

Nursing.link - $110
Chocolate.link - $110
Seniors.link - $110
Hollywood.link - $110

Eric, i own 50 similar keyword domains and they renew @ $110. What you'll notice from HosterStats is that they were ALL deleted in 2017 until I was able to buy them in June of this year. Also, if you had been following this story as close as I have, you'd learn that similar domains that I could have purchased back in June for $110 are now priced @ $4,830 and they renew @ $4,830.....examples to check;

Camping.link - $4,830
Empire.link - $4,830
Miracle.link - $4,830

You can call me stupid Eric, but I started accumulating my .link domain portfolio soon after the new owners were announced and before they had an opportunity to change/up their pricing.

You might say I got in on the ground floor of this "turnaround" Eric. And while schools still out, I can renew my entire portfolio of .link domains for less than 10K a year without selling a single domain.

Finally, the new owners of .LINK weren't sure about me at first, but they're learning. Stay tuned:xf.wink:

•••
dc.link is for "rule_violation", my discord server. I just use it for short sharing url only.

321 is one area code for Orange County, FL but the main one is 407, which is preferred here.
Crock....thanks for getting back to me.....i see why now dc.link now. There's an interesting story behind the area code "321" having to do with the "Space Coast" and the domain Welcome321.com that I'll share later. Good Luck!

•••
Rich, why do you start these threads and then run away from the discussions?

To Quote Joe Lewis, "You can run but you can't hide".....i just don't like being "baited" and "intimidated"......and I thought we were doing so well, but I guess not:xf.cry:

•••
For a current perspective, Uniregistry ie. no longer owns the New gTLD .link, and I thought you knew that? John McCormac the owner of Hosterstats essentially said that Frank Schilling was a very poor operator having registered thousands of Premium domains for themselves and doing very little to promote them.

To see what I mean, check HosterStats for the following Premium domains that I purchased for $110 each;

Nursing.link - $110
Chocolate.link - $110
Seniors.link - $110
Hollywood.link - $110

Eric, i own 50 similar keyword domains and they renew @ $110. What you'll notice from HosterStats is that they were ALL deleted in 2017 until I was able to buy them in June of this year. Also, if you had been following this story as close as I have, you'd learn that similar domains that I could have purchased back in June for $110 are now priced @ $4,830 and they renew @ $4,830.....examples to check;

Camping.link - $4,830
Empire.link - $4,830
Miracle.link - $4,830

You can call me stupid Eric, but I started accumulating my .link domain portfolio soon after the new owners were announced and before they had an opportunity to change/up their pricing.

You might say I got in on the ground floor of this "turnaround" Eric. And while schools still out, I can renew my entire portfolio of .link domains for less than 10K a year without selling a single domain.

Finally, the new owners of .LINK weren't sure about me at first, but they're learning. Stay tuned:xf.wink:
I wish you the best of luck with that.

Once you start selling some .link domains, be sure to report your sales in the following section: https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-selling-and-domain-sales.314/

•••
I wish you the best of luck with that.

Once you start selling some .link domains, be sure to report your sales in the following section:
Thanks Eric.... you said, "Once you start selling some .link domains, be sure to report your sales" are very encouraging words, and that's not to say I need encouraging.

One last thing I'll share.....while the title of this thread ".LINK binge continues" seems to have generated a lot of attention, albeit mostly negative, the fact that experienced domainers like yourself are following me and the .LINK turnaround story is positive. So feel free to keep a WatchfulEye:xf.wink:link out for sales that I hope to be reporting in the not too distant future (starting in Q2 2023)

ProgressReport.link - according to ntldstats.com the Nova Registry aka .LINK has added 2,082 domains in the last 24 hours.

•••
Thanks Eric.... you said, "Once you start selling some .link domains, be sure to report your sales" are very encouraging words, and that's not to say I need encouraging.

One last thing I'll share.....while the title of this thread ".LINK binge continues" seems to have generated a lot of attention, albeit mostly negative, the fact that experienced domainers like yourself are following me and the .LINK turnaround story is positive. So feel free to keep a WatchfulEye:xf.wink:link out for sales that I hope to be reporting in the not too distant future (starting in Q2 2023)

ProgressReport.link - according to ntldstats.com the Nova Registry aka .LINK has added 2,082 domains in the last 24 hours.
A lot of us were following the .online binge, the .homes binge, the .realty binge, etc.

Will this time be different?

Will Rich ever find the technical partner he is looking for?

Will Rich ever more forward with any of his big ideas?

Stay tuned. ;)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
A lot of us were following the .online binge, the .homes binge, the .realty binge, etc.

Will this time be different?

Will Rich ever find the technical partner he is looking for?

Will Rich ever more forward with any of his big ideas?

Stay tuned. ;)

Brad
Thanks Brad for helping to keep my dream alive.

Will this time be different?.......Hell Yeah!

Will Rich ever find the technical partner he is looking for? ........Maybe:xf.wink:

Will Rich ever move forward with any of his big ideas?......Hell Yeah!

Update; as of just a few minutes ago i registered the Premium domain Adoption.link. It cost $159.30 and renews for the same. My thinking?.......with Roe v Wade overturned I figured adoption is a bigger deal now in America than it ever was.

Brad.....knowing that some of my big ideas have actually come to fruition I hope you understand why it really is different this time:unsure:

Last edited:
•••

Will Rich ever find the technical partner he is looking for? ........Maybe:xf.wink:

Update; as of just a few minutes ago i registered the Premium domain Adoption.link. It cost $159.30 and renews for the same. My thinking?.......with Roe v Wade overturned I figured adoption is a bigger deal now in America than it ever was.

Brad.....knowing that some of my big ideas have actually come to fruition I hope you understand why it really is different this time:unsure:
You have been buying (binging) domains for like 5-6 years now.
It is probably time to start focusing more on selling.

Brad

•••
The title of this thread should be changed from ".LINK binge continues" to ".LINK cringe continues".

•••
I just picked up orphanage.link. can't wait for them to come knockin'!

•••
On This 'Link thread'
It's like watching a vehicle crash. Nobody wants to see any injuries. But the first thing to go through you mind. Is 'What on earth was the driver thinking'

•••
I just picked up orphanage.link. can't wait for them to come knockin'!
Don't get too MAD now, but I really did just register orphanage.link for the outrageous price of $2.19 a few minutes ago. If you go to Hosterstats you'll see where it was registered first in 2015, dropped in 2016, then picked up again by Uniregistry in 2019 and dropped by them in 2020.....just to be picked up by me a few minutes ago:xf.wink:

You may wish to note that Estibot, one of the more reliable domain appraisers appraises orphanage.link @ $1,800. Now let's see who has the LastLaugh:ROFL:link

•••
You have been buying (binging) domains for like 5-6 years now.
It is probably time to start focusing more on selling.

Brad
Don't exagerate/lie Brad.....it's just been a little over three years, but 5-6 years is how long I've been occupying space in your mind:xf.wink:

•••
On This 'Link thread'
It's like watching a vehicle crash. Nobody wants to see any injuries. But the first thing to go through you mind. Is 'What on earth was the driver thinking'
Glad you're revisiting.....it's not what I've been thinking, but rather what I've been drinking:xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
He doesn't need a big idea.

He needs to use landers.
I agree GoKaizen, and it's coming. Thanks for the push, but I have to take care of a little other business first, then it's "Balls to the Wall":xf.wink:

•••

Holy crap, just get them listed already. Heck, give me 10% of whatever you sell and I'll list them for you.

1674577411686.png

•••
Don't exagerate/lie Brad.....it's just been a little over three years, but 5-6 years is how long I've been occupying space in your mind:xf.wink:
Joined Nov 15, 2017

How many domains have you sold, or even listed for sale in that period of time?

Brad

•••
Don't get too MAD now, but I really did just register orphanage.link for the outrageous price of $2.19 a few minutes ago. If you go to Hosterstats you'll see where it was registered first in 2015, dropped in 2016, then picked up again by Uniregistry in 2019 and dropped by them in 2020.....just to be picked up by me a few minutes ago:xf.wink:

You may wish to note that Estibot, one of the more reliable domain appraisers appraises orphanage.link @ $1,800. Now let's see who has the LastLaugh:ROFL:link
Words escape me.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back