Dynadot

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have panym.com -an obsolete dictionary domain
Should I sell it?

•••
MULVE .com

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
CVCVC :

BISOF *com
DIDOD *com

•••
I have Mvuie.com, which I think sounds like movie and Peyor.com

They are my first attempts at making a brandable (5)L.com

•••
it depands........

brandable 5 letters are still remaining? I don't think so.

it's very rare...

•••
I see a definite increase in value of 5L looking around. I've got one that I'm sitting on, pizzi.com - probably would look at selling it but not sure for how much even after all my research.

•••
any value for i+CVCV names?

•••
Sold cerdy.com recently, low xx

•••
Where can I get available 5L dns?

•••
•••
What do you guys think on this

kolll.com

•••
•••
@NS
There are almost 12 million 5 letters but only 265,000 are pronounceable and out of those about 92% are registered already and maybe 10,000 of them would be considered good. So yes there are plenty of 5 letters but not that many good ones.

•••
11 881 376
The number of 5L domains.

•••
•••
I have canmp which gets over 90,000 exact monthly searches from google.

•••
sold on ebay
5-10usd

GRAIK
COVEV
DELGU

•••
Hi, I have OONTO (dot) com
and i was planning to develop a search directory on it
The search Directory i am not still thinking as to what it should be off but the Logo would be of an owl
The OO to be the eyes of the owl, what do you guys think?

•••
Just Regd bnils.com
@joshny OONTO really fits the plan you ve up there..

•••
Hi, I have OONTO (dot) com
and i was planning to develop a search directory on it
The search Directory i am not still thinking as to what it should be off but the Logo would be of an owl
The OO to be the eyes of the owl, what do you guys think?

I like the name you chose, I find it really suitable for your project.
Also I am a big fan of brandable names...anyone else here who likes brandable more than keyword domains? :blink:

•••
Made just a lil check with my scanner, for fun, all LLLLL.com starting with "com". comqa.com seems nice but dont know if worth much?

Free domain(s):
comfd.com
comjl.com
comjm.com
comkv.com
comkx.com
comlf.com
comlk.com
commh.com
comqa.com
comql.com
comqz.com
comrf.com
comrj.com
comuh.com
comuj.com
comxq.com

also nice free ones: privn.com, priow.com, loldu.com, nethv.com,
netij.com....

but if so many are free LLLLL seem not to have much value. At least as long you will not get the exact match someone likes an must have as end-user.

---------- Post added 11-04-2013 at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-03-2013 at 11:57 PM ----------

11 881 376
The number of 5L domains.

Well, from my experiment with the comXX.com I found 16 free from 676 possible (26x26). 16/676 = 0,023. So a very not precise estimation would say 2,3% of LLLLL.com are free = about 280.000 available. Though for lolXX.com there were much more free. Maybe about 1000000 LLLLL.com are free now it seems.

Last edited:
•••
have VUWED

pronounced viewed

•••
As I am quite new here is there someone who can tell me if there is a "brandable names section" ? To buy and sell them, talk about them...
Thanks everyone

•••
there are many pronoucable 5L droping everyday, some of which are certainly brandable. :-/

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back