IT.COM

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
aslme.com
(age,sex,location me) Popular when people were in chat rooms and asked "a/s/l?"

bjcam.com
I hope I don't have to explain this one to you. ;)

ileem.com
This one is a shot in the dark but Leem is a variant of "Leet" and also a scotish variant of "loom".

Those are the only 5L's we have.

Our 4L's are as follows;
aass.com , hlpy.com , jarw.com , ktkx.com , kvtt.com , licq.com , lklj.com , osdr.com , qoxq.com , qsvn.com , qwli.com , sswk.com ,

•••
I have these 5 letter .com domains :

• picne.com
  • buisy.com
  • ofwin.com
  • spyho.com
  • lungx.com
  • berip.com
  • ipomi.com
  • ulaid.com
  • dapun.com
  • vevux.com
  • isamd.com
  • scoru.com

Do you think any of them is good. I wish to sell them at any good price as i have to move on to other things in life. please guide.

Last edited:
•••
I have xoora and osoly

which one is better?

•••
I,too, have several good ones.....for the right buyer. Instead of pushy marketing, I learned that it is best to wait for the right buyer to find you...and if they are looking, they will.

AMUSY.com
GFDGH.com
IPCKY.com
LOTBD.com
PFHHT.com
USEAM.com
XXXXE.com
ZZZMY.com
OURFU.com
OHIAN.com
QERKS.com
DIGDY.com
EPDOX.com
YOUTY.com
OCHEZ.com
BVAPP.com
KIKWI.com
LXOXO.com
JUYLY.com

•••
aslme.com

bjcam.com

ileem.com
This one is a shot in the dark but Leem is a variant of "Leet" and also a scotish variant of "loom".

Our 4L's are as follows;
aass.com , hlpy.com , jarw.com , ktkx.com , kvtt.com , licq.com , lklj.com , osdr.com , qoxq.com , qsvn.com , qwli.com , sswk.com ,

Actually...App...yes I probably need you to explain the bjcam....lol

Also can someone tell me how to multiquote or quote just a piece of another post? Thanks!

Pentat

is one of mine

•••
I,too, have several good ones.....for the right buyer. Instead of pushy marketing, I learned that it is best to wait for the right buyer to find you...and if they are looking, they will.

AMUSY.com
GFDGH.com
IPCKY.com
LOTBD.com
PFHHT.com
USEAM.com
XXXXE.com
ZZZMY.com
OURFU.com
OHIAN.com
QERKS.com
DIGDY.com
EPDOX.com
YOUTY.com
OCHEZ.com
BVAPP.com
KIKWI.com
LXOXO.com
JUYLY.com

None of these pass the radio test.
Its a drop for sure. GL

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

I have xoora and osoly

which one is better?

Get another one. Try harder.

IMO

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

I have these 5 letter .com domains :

• picne.com
  • buisy.com
  • ofwin.com
  • spyho.com
  • lungx.com
  • berip.com
  • ipomi.com
  • ulaid.com
  • dapun.com
  • vevux.com
  • isamd.com
  • scoru.com

Do you think any of them is good. I wish to sell them at any good price as i have to move on to other things in life. please guide.

Only like Be RIP but..

IMO

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

aslme.com

bjcam.com

ileem.com

bjcam is a good domain. It means something and you know what's the site is about. Sounds great. BJ Cam.

bjcams is better but bjcam is not a bad domain. :)

•••
I have xoora and osoly

which one is better?

I sold similar Domain name Xo*ra at brandbucket, so xoora is good in my opinion..:)

•••
None of these pass the radio test.
Its a drop for sure. GL

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Get another one. Try harder.

IMO

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Only like Be RIP but..

IMO

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

bjcam is a good domain. It means something and you know what's the site is about. Sounds great. BJ Cam.

bjcams is better but bjcam is not a bad domain. :)

Just for fun I took the time to give a look at your portfolio on Sedo and Afternic and after seeing your brandables I am really happy that you don't like mine.

Amaui

•••
•••
Just for fun I took the time to give a look at your portfolio on Sedo and Afternic and after seeing your brandables I am really happy that you don't like mine.

Amaui

I prefer some like OLime.com and Vioos.com or even Vij.com.

I hate random letters. I bought some bad ones In 2010 and sold for really cheap. some here look similar. The buyer make the sale but I can't see one of my project used one of these domains.

I'm picky. And I'm sorry. We all think we own the best domains. That's what we all want. I have some bad ones too that I may sell for cheap or drop.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I sold similar Domain name Xo*ra at brandbucket, so xoora is good in my opinion..:)

How much did you sold it?
Mid $xxx low $x,xxx.

I like domain that start with a "x" beacause my name start with that letter. Sometimes Its just hard for people to pronounce it.

•••
I prefer some like OLime.com and Vioos.com or even Vij.com.

I hate random letters. I bought some bad ones In 2010 and sold for really cheap. some here look similar. The buyer make the sale but I can't see one of my project used one of these domains.

I'm picky. And I'm sorry. We all think we own the best domains. That's what we all want. I have some bad ones too that I may sell for cheap or drop.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

How much did you sold it?
Mid $xxx low $x,xxx.

I like domain that start with a "x" beacause my name start with that letter. Sometimes Its just hard for people to pronounce it.

We all buy crappy ones and with brandable it's all more personal. That's why I try not to go around bringing down other people's work unless my opinion is required ( appraisal etc.. )

I too try not to buy random letter domains ( unless I see them very catchy ). As for amaui in particular they are not random letters as amaui was an hawaian bird and, to me, it sounds very catchy ( very similar also to the Maui the island ). Also net and org are taken and developed

•••
We all buy crappy ones and with brandable it's all more personal. That's why I try not to go around bringing down other people's work unless my opinion is required ( appraisal etc.. )

I too try not to buy random letter domains ( unless I see them very catchy ). As for amaui in particular they are not random letters as amaui was an hawaian bird and, to me, it sounds very catchy ( very similar also to the Maui the island ). Also net and org are taken and developed

"Its more personal" QiKu sold for 80k. To me its a 80 $ domain. I was a bit too focused on myself. I'm not the only one on earth and some names here will sell for hight $ x, xxx or even more. I will be surprised and happy for the seller.

•••
"Its more personal" QiKu sold for 80k. To me its a 80 $ domain. I was a bit too focused on myself. I'm not the only one on earth and some names here will sell for hight $ x, xxx or even more. I will be surprised and happy for the seller.

" I was a bit too focused on myself " Holy Words. That's THE lesson we all should learn.

•••
Its a chinese pinyin name, thats why

•••
•••
•••
Just reg a few more 5 letter 'brandables'

Pokzy

Advek

Bomzy

•••
•••
•••
IdSue.com
Either attorney or satire site

OhApt.com
Apartment rental site

UpHug.com
Catchy, meme-sharing type site

UpSew.com
Sewing supplies with up-cycling or "green" focus

Just regged these. Feedback welcome.
:wave:

•••
CYPIL.COM. For some drugs or something? Its up anyways.

•••
I've sold Keboo // dot // com for 950 USD at the beginning of the year , end user contacted me and managed to go from a 200 first offer to 950

•••
I've sold Keboo // dot // com for 950 USD at the beginning of the year , end user contacted me and managed to go from a 200 first offer to 950
Congrats on that. It's a silly name but catchy, though as a startup I'd be concerned about any confusion between Keboo and Kaboo, for example. With proper marketing that can be remedied.

•••
Congrats on that. It's a silly name but catchy, though as a startup I'd be concerned about any confusion between Keboo and Kaboo, for example. With proper marketing that can be remedied.
Exactly. I was unsure about the sale, because i liked that name, i was also developing a web business around it 2 years ago. But then the project stopped (had no time anymore....) and 950 USD wasn't a bad offer at all...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back