NameSilo

Melbourne, Australia Domainers Meet & Greet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey All ... we're trying to organize n informal drinks night for Melbourne Domainers ... come one come all :)

Baranows Lounge, awesome atmosphere and quiet so we can actually talk

Thursday 6th March
6pm till whenever and we'll supply finger food (there's a BBNT across the road for anyone who get's really hungry)

348 Burwood Rd
(cnr Glenferrie Rd)
Hawthorn
Australia

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds funs.

If anyone gets lost on the road and ends up in Perth, let me know. Still a bit far for me.

•••
Bit of a swim for me but great idea. Maybe organise a discussion group of Oz domainers

•••
•••
bump for Melbourne Domainers

•••
Too bad you could not have it on the F1 weekend as I'm thinking of heading down there then. We need something like this in Sydney!

•••
onewordonly said:
We need something like this in Sydney!

'Just Do It' man ... we were motivated by nothing more then just wanting to meet like minded ppl in the industry, we hope to get the buy-in from people who show up to make it a semi regular thing

•••
If i dont spend all my money on domains ...... i'll try and make it there

i would love to meet local person with programming skills ..... cheers

•••
There'll definitely be a person or two there with a bit of coding experience ;) and the beer's as reasonably :)

•••
Ill try and make it for the night.
Its a 4 hour drive so cannot promise anything

:)

•••
Enjoy! Bit far from Sydney but I hope it's a success...

•••
<off topic>
I'm not in Australia - but if any of you who are might be interested in helping develop or buying the domain Melbourne.pro (or know someone who might), please let me know via PM. Thanks!
</off topic>

•••
Sounds fun. I will try to show up as well. :)

•••
Morgan said:
Ill try and make it for the night.
Its a 4 hour drive so cannot promise anything

:)

damn dude didn't realize you were so far away ... well if you do trek down here for the drinks I'd be happy to offer our spare room for you to crash in for the night rather then you having to get back to the country that night

doggyowner said:
Sounds fun. I will try to show up as well. :)

awesome man looking forward to meeting you

Last edited:
•••
I would love to come, but i cant make it this time

Hi, folks, i live 3 hours north of melbourne and would love to come, but unfortunately my schedule for this march is :td: very hectic.

next time, I hope to make it.

Have a great time.

•••
dochlaggie said:
Hi, folks, i live 3 hours north of melbourne and would love to come, but unfortunately my schedule for this march is :td: very hectic.

next time, I hope to make it.

Have a great time.

no problems man, i promise we'll be doing more of them

keep an eye on the facebook group to keep up with new events

•••
I'll be the one wearing the black trenchcoat and dark sunglasses

the codeword is ......... ozdomainer

•••
I'm from Melbourne and would definately be interested in being involved.

Are you the main contact at this get together David? :)

•••
zambian0 said:
I'm from Melbourne and would definately be interested in being involved.

Are you the main contact at this get together David? :)

excellent man looking forward to seeing you there :)

•••
Just a final bump to let everyone know about the Melbourne Domainers Meet and greet happening tomorrow night. We have about 15 - 20 people RSVP'd so far and it's looking like it's going to be a great night of business, socializing and drinks. All are welcome and we look forward to welcoming you all :)

•••
Keep us informed of upcoming events. Will definitely swim across for the next one...

In the meantime enjoy the cold beer.

•••
Tas Devil said:
Keep us informed of upcoming events. Will definitely swim across for the next one...

In the meantime enjoy the cold beer.

Would love to have our southern cousins come join us ;) Keep an eye out on the Facebook group for next months get together http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8797835919

•••
Bummer ...... my van has done a welsh plug and i think cracked the head , so i wont be going this time ........ i hope a good night is had by all !!!!! tell us how the night went

•••
evirtual1 said:
Bummer ...... my van has done a welsh plug and i think cracked the head , so i wont be going this time ........ i hope a good night is had by all !!!!! tell us how the night went

eVirtual1 ... if your nearish by I'm happy to pick you up ?

What do you guy's think about doing a mini auction on the night just for something a little different ? Could go something like;
- everyone brings along 1 domain they want to auction off on the night
- let's set a max value of say $300 - $500 / domain so everyone can get involved
- we'll organise to take up the collection of names on the night and host the auction but final transaction's handled between buyer and seller

The ideas just to add a little activity that would be fun for everyone on the night. Would love to hear your suggestions ?

I'll personally take i a step further, what ever we raise from our name sale I'll donate to the ICA http://www.internetcommerce.org/ !

•••
thanks for the offer , but not this time , other things on my mind at the moment , but i will take note of your email and drop you a line at some stage !! cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back