NameSilo

My first 5K deal!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
I just got off the phone with a VP for a pretty big company, and he was really happy I called. He says he will talk to his sales department and get back to me in 2 days. This could be my first super big sale, now I wish I asked for 20K, the guy had no idea about Domain name prices and that's the only thing that kept him from making an offer on one of my prior contacts.

Gotta go take an Algerbra test, be back later, I'm feeling pretty confident right now!!!!!!

Don

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great news Don, congrats, now you can offer me more for BoatBay.com ;)

Mike

•••
•••
Thats pretty cool, good luck.

•••
Awesome job proactively marketing your domains like that directly to the end-users, Don! :)
You HAVE to keep us posted here with all the details, how you found the lead, your initial contact and Asking amount, the negotiations, etc.
That's how we ALL learn to "maximize" the value of our investments ... through this freedom of information-sharing and friendly, helpful domainer-to-domainer resources here at Namepros!
Good Luck here.

•••
5K is an awesome sale! I'm glad to see your efforts paying off big.

•••
Congrats, if possible let me know what was the name traded.... (After the deal of course...)
Good luck :D

•••
Wow! That's awesome, good job!

•••
Well I've been on a high all day just from that conversation. I realize that most of us here hope to sell for big figures to other members. Getting on the phone was really hard, I had to get out of my comfort zone. I'm so much more confident now, and it really is the way to go, you really should try it.

I suggest that you sit down and write a script of what you intend to say to your prospects. Make a list of every business that would really benefit from your domain name. Then just call them and introduce yourself as the guy from ABC123.com. Ask them if they would be interested in a great on-line name for their company, expect them to say no, and if they do say no they're not interested, draw a line through their name and move on to the next number. When you get someone who says yes they would be interested, start talking, when you screw up that conversation because you' re talking to fast and nervous, don't worry, just cross out their name and call the next one and do it till you get through a hole conversation. This is called the chaining effect, where they teach lab rats the way they want them to behave, and reward them along the proper path. When they learn the process they become smooth and fast, that's all there really is to this, intestinal fortitude.

I'm getting really good at this phone thing, once I got past the fear of dialing the number. The first call is the hardest, the rest, well lets just say it's fun now. People on the other end are impressed that you're calling from a .com, I'm a believer!!!!!!

PS: make sure you have something for them to look at when they go there, even if it's just a holding page, check out Conpac.com this shows them it's on-line and working.

•••
Was THIS the "ConPac" that we had discussed, Don?!? :D
WooHoo.
Congratulations, man!

•••
Congrats! Remember, it's only a done deal when the money is in your paypal account. :)

BTW... hope you passed your test. I've never studied 'algerbra' (only 'algebra'). Guess it's something like calculous. ;)

•••
Name-Maker my spelling sucks, and I think I only scored in the 80's. Coolhost this is another name I picked up 6 months ago, I have over 150 of them just collecting dust, and am just getting around to selling them this month. So far 2 heavy sales to my credit, each for $1K, SpiderCash.com 2 months ago, and then now ***mad.com. I need to break this 1K thing and move higher, this could be the week.

Just watch out for the crabby secretary, I love when they say, "I told you, he's not interested" and hang up, what inspiration.

•••
Congrats Don :) 5k Is what we are hopeing for :)

•••
Well done, Don!
And welcome to Name-Maker (there's a welcoming thread waiting for you in the "Break Room"). :)
See you.

•••
Wow! Now that's what I like to hear. Definately inspires all of us to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Best wishes! Please keep us posted on the progress.

•••
Don, your sales are inspiring, Keep it up :)

•••
Nice, 5k is quite a good amount

•••
ill split it with you 50/50. Why you ask? Because your such a nice person :D

•••
hi.

Well done. It is so good to hear posative sales etc.

Maybe you wanna sell some of my names for a comission :snaphappy:

You threads are well worth the read, but one thing i would like to know ( dont shout at me guys ;) )

Did you get the names appraised on any forum sites, and what did they get appraised for.

Well done m8

Laskos

•••
Re: hi.

Originally posted by laskos
Did you get the names appraised on any forum sites, and what did they get appraised for.

Well done m8

Laskos

Likely to have been appraised for much less, Laskos. Generally, that's the difference between "wholesale" and "end-user/retail". One could write a book about this, but I'd say from my observations that most folks appraise at "wholesale". Nothing wrong with that, it gives the owner a general sense of the domain's value in the current reseller space.
EVERYONE ought to be going after End users/Retail buyers in trying to sell their domains, obviously. This is the pinnacle, and it also requires the most time and effort. Naturally.
Being active here at Namepros CAN help you bridge this gap, and not only give you a "basis" from which to work (at the wholesale level), but help one to develop or fine tune the skills necessary to approach and negotiate with the Big boys of retail. IMHO.
Nice job here, and thanks for the inquiry, Laskos. Good stuff.
Rock on! :D

•••

good reply cool :kickass:

have fun...

Laskos

•••
Re: .

Originally posted by laskos
good reply cool :kickass:

have fun...

Laskos

Coffee helps! :D
Rock on, Laskos.
B-)

•••
When you pick a name you "MUST" have an idea of who you plan to sell it to. You must think to yourself, who would buy this, do they have money and how can I contact them. Then just call them up, introduce yourself as the owner of PestGuy.com. ask them if they are interested in putting their business on-line with a great Internet name. If they say yes, and ask how much. Tell them you really don't have a price right now, you're just checking to see if anyones interested. And you thought you would call them first because you saw the natural fit for his company, and you were curious why he hasn't taken advantage of grabbing all those extra customers.

Buy the book called "Selling to Vito" read the whole thing and follow the directions, and you will understand the process of mutual reciprocity. Or you can sit around and have guys tell you the wholesale value of your names, and hope someone offers you $1K on a rainy day; or you can read the book and learn the sales process. That's if you really want to succeed, good luck!

•••
Well that news is inspiration. cheers. I'd love to do a 4 figure sale.

•••
Well done Don! Phone contact is the best intro with regards too the big players & the top quality names.

Real proud of you and for you!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back