Dynadot

news My First Sale at NamePros!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Miguel Ferreira

Established Member
Impact
I'd just like to make a disclaimer starting this thread: I'm in NO way shape or form a member of this forum that you probably know or even should know but I'm very interested in being in this industry and bringing as much value to it as I can, that's why I'm sharing this "win".

So I'd just like to announce that I've sold my first domain here. As you can see from my profile (if you want) I've only just recently become a part of the family, but thank you all for the warming welcome, much appreciated...

I'm at a point where my portfolio (of 5 domains now LOL) seemed to need a little extra something so I decided to get rid of my 5L Domain (dot com)...

I had picked it up (it was expired) thinking it could be a good investment a few months ago and I wanted to see what happened whit an auction here:

So I've listed this 5L (SPLKA) and I'm glad to announce that I've sold it for a whopping $1 :laugh: - to its highest bidder!

While I'm obviously at a clear loss when it comes to money, I've learned that I should be careful when starting an auction with NO Reserve and that I should read the rules about the winning bid has to take the domain (if it's not stated otherwise it's within 72 hours, and obviously I didn't state otherwise LOL)...

So there you go guys: my first successful deal right here at NamePros has just been pushed. Hope the new owner enjoys it and that I can inspire you (or not :alien3:).

Keep making deals happen. My Best Regards to you all :-$

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm in the process of building my dreams, so IF I'm not honest and genuine about it who else do I want to be? I was raised with the mentality to treat others like you want them to treat you, so It's easy for me you know?

I agree What goes around :)

Send me your GD details and you can have the name back. Either that or if I sell you can have a % ?

I've taken a hit of $8 that I'm getting back in positive energy and synergy from this forum, that's wayyy more important to me :)
:)
Best regards :D

Now you have made a profit :)

Michelle

•••
bravo.

namepro can maybe one day consider exception to rule annd allow seller to request buyer to pay fee if sale price =1$.... better yet.. make that a default

just to avoid change. :)

•••
It all starts with a dollar , double a penny every day for a month and you have over 21 million dollars

•••
I think the $1 is a big win. It's $1 more than you would have had by letting it expire.
And it saved you from spending $8 annually renewing a domain that's only worth $1. Now you can go spend all the future savings on better domain names!

•••
Great start.

Now quit while you still have some money.

•••
Nice sharing Bro, It all begins with the first step. My first sale was at Namepros too. I was scared to even try initially, but after much ado I listed 1 for sale with a starting bid of 10$ and it got 1 bid. Then I got lucky with some sales at Godaddy auctions. So, keep trying, theres plenty for everyone.

•••
@Miguel Ferreira - congrats on your learning experience : grin :

I have yet to sell on NP, but I have studied many auctions here and you are not alone - many many members do not know the rules, I see auctions with terrible formatting and missing info all the time. I have seen auctions that timed out and no one noticed then sold higher too

It has been mentioned around the forum buyers can use the courtesy of paying friends and family if the amount is low, it would be lovely if the seller could mention that if the buyers are unaware. I have used f&f for all my purchase transactions here, all under $15 though so was a risk I was willing to take, no issues at all.

Plus I keep inviting everyone to the SuperSale threads, if you are going to hand-reg, at least get them cheap!
https://www.namepros.com/threads/944469/

•••
Thanks :D Actually the buyer lost his mind and paid for the fees. Cool right? :P

Now I'm able to frame the bill :)
If you frame it that would be so cool. I wish I would have framed mine.

•••
i have yet to make a sale but have just found 3 x 5 letter .com's {brandable} which if i decide to buy them will cost me £30 total i suppose

Thanks for reaching out @platey :)

However, I'm not really sure how to reply to you...If you left this here to maybe ask for advice, you're talking with the guy that sold his first 5L at his first namepro sale for $1, maybe someone else has better advises for you at this point.

With that being said, if you're looking for me to look at it and tell you why I would personally invest in them or not, please feel free to send me a PM...

•••
@Miguel Ferreira - congrats on your learning experience : grin :

I have yet to sell on NP, but I have studied many auctions here and you are not alone - many many members do not know the rules, I see auctions with terrible formatting and missing info all the time. I have seen auctions that timed out and no one noticed then sold higher too

It has been mentioned around the forum buyers can use the courtesy of paying friends and family if the amount is low, it would be lovely if the seller could mention that if the buyers are unaware. I have used f&f for all my purchase transactions here, all under $15 though so was a risk I was willing to take, no issues at all.

Plus I keep inviting everyone to the SuperSale threads, if you are going to hand-reg, at least get them cheap!
https://www.namepros.com/threads/944469/

Wow @usernamex so much insight man, THANK YOU!!!

To be honest I've also researched a few other domains (not that I'm very active for a long time here but I've been lurking for some time now) and I've noticed that And to me I think that it's because since it's a "free to post" platform, people are more eager to sell sell sell and let go of the domains for a quick deal.

That was my case, my domain still had time for the renewal and all that and although probably it wasn't the best 5L it was still a 5L dot com. I thought well, this is a community that'll understand the value of it so I went for it.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, maybe I should have researched a little more and paid more attention before posting it, but the "Sell Domains" button is just right there you know? It's easy :P

Never heard of f&f before but I'll check it out, and the thread you mention too.

Thanks for the input, wish you all the best. Keep on closing deals!!!! :D

•••
If you frame it that would be so cool. I wish I would have framed mine.

Trust me: If I could, I would!!!! "Unfortunately" I'm living in a country with a different type of currency and It would be very hard for me to even get the bill in itself...

But I'll promise you this: one of this days I'll go to the US and I'll frame the first dollar bill I can get my hands on and sign it in the front saying NAMEPROS SALE! (I'll send you some pictures)... :D

•••
I'd

While I'm obviously at a clear loss when it comes to money, I've learned that I should be careful when starting an auction with NO Reserve and that I should read the rules about the winning bid has to take the domain (if it's not stated otherwise it's within 72 hours, and obviously I didn't state otherwise LOL)...

:-$

I applaud you!
You took a loss cash wise but you didn't bail out on the sale.
Integrity is one of the greatest assets in any industry.
Some people lack this and think that bailing out of a deal or agreement to save or make quick money is to their benefit but it hurts them in the long run.

I say you are a winner in that regard! People already know they can trust you... atleast it's a good start.

**Given that you are still fairly new, my advice is learn from this and continue do business with integrity. Be diligent to learn the rules so you are never tempted to act otherwise. Keep the mindset you have to bring value to the community because when you win we all win.

•••
I agree What goes around :)

Send me your GD details and you can have the name back. Either that or if I sell you can have a % ?

Now you have made a profit :)

Michelle

@Micchelle you are an amazing human being for even considering any of that. But please keep it as a "token of appreciation" from my learning experience!

My only request if possible is: When you sell it, if you can send me a PM or maybe even create a thread (or reply in this one) explaining as best as you can, how you've found your buyer and if you're feeling like it, and you think you'd be able to share that with all of us, for how much you were able to close the deal... It's just an "if possible". That'll help me a lot to understand the steps I've failed to do and help the community too :)

As for my "profit", I've got it here already... This thread has more than 1000 views already and is in 3th place for "Popular this week". How cool is that? :D

Keep up making great deals :D

PS- I've only created this thread to share the experience not for complaining and/or rant if that's what you're thinking at this point. I've had a blast making this deal with you and I'd totally do it all over again If i knew how much engagement this thread was going to have! :)

Regards :D

•••
bravo.

namepro can maybe one day consider exception to rule annd allow seller to request buyer to pay fee if sale price =1$.... better yet.. make that a default

just to avoid change. :)

In a way I do agree with you @alcy however, I also think that if you're "closing" a deal for 1$ you're already losing money. I would not have cared if I had paid fees or not, to be honest. My loss was already there, you know?

From my experience I did enjoy the fact that the buyer from this deal paid the fees, It made me feel like (despite the deal was so low) I was still dealing with a person that wasn't trying to cut me out of every single dollar that I had. Yet, it wouldn't make a huge impact on its own... (It's hard to explain the feeling of it, this is really the best way I can put it, hope I explained myself well enough)...

Regards :)

•••
It all starts with a dollar , double a penny every day for a month and you have over 21 million dollars

Thanks for the input man :) I do also think we all have to start somewhere, it's the journey that counts! :D

•••
I think the $1 is a big win. It's $1 more than you would have had by letting it expire.
And it saved you from spending $8 annually renewing a domain that's only worth $1. Now you can go spend all the future savings on better domain names!

You know what @Mike K ? That's precisely the idea I had in mind when I started the auction... That moment you tell yourself the "even if....." you know? ahahah :)

Like I've already said before in this thread, I've chosen to auction it here not just because I had never done it (that also contributed to the decision but it wasn't the main reason at all). Let's not forget that some of the major companies you can use are mostly paid (if not upfront, you'll pay at least a % of the deal) and some of them don't have the community namepros has, which makes it "easy" to think, even if I only get 1$ (which you're hoping that it doesn't happen) I've made a deal where I only had invested whatever I've put up for the domain!

It makes all the sense in the world to me what you've said and that's why I know I can (and will) keep going forward! :D

•••
Great start.

Now quit while you still have some money.

Not sure if sarcasm or if you're really trying to go for the "life advice" thing, but here's where I'm at:

I've failed (yes), yet I've tried. I'm way ahead of everyone that stood still within the same time period!

I'll eventually get to where I want to be if I keep trying and pushing myself to new limits and horizons. That'll not happen if I "quit" or stop.

Maybe I'll not be into the domain business for the rest of my life, yet I like to think that I can try to make at least a few good deals with them. If that'll happen or not, I guess you'll have to follow along with my journey if you really want to know :)

•••
Nice sharing Bro, It all begins with the first step. My first sale was at Namepros too. I was scared to even try initially, but after much ado I listed 1 for sale with a starting bid of 10$ and it got 1 bid. Then I got lucky with some sales at Godaddy auctions. So, keep trying, theres plenty for everyone.

Thanks @Vaibhav Agarwal glad you're enjoying the thread...

That's 100% my mindset, every step counts but you need to take at least the first one, right? :)

This was my first sale here, yet I've been experimenting other things for a while now and had already done other deals (within Flippa for example) in the same space. So my career has like 3 or 4 deals where I've bought and sold domains/websites plus the domains I pick up for some of my clients (freelancing sometimes)...

All that to say that I do understand those feelings, I've had them too and I think I'll keep having them for a while, that's what keeps things interesting and that's the "kick" you get for making your moves.... I've taken this extra step now with the confidence I was going to make a good deal and I was wrong about the investment, yet I was right about the community! :D

I'll keep trying and keep on going taking the steps to make things happen, I hope you too man! :D
Wish you the best deals ever! :D

•••
I applaud you!
You took a loss cash wise but you didn't bail out on the sale.
Integrity is one of the greatest assets in any industry.
Some people lack this and think that bailing out of a deal or agreement to save or make quick money is to their benefit but it hurts them in the long run.

I say you are a winner in that regard! People already know they can trust you... atleast it's a good start.

**Given that you are still fairly new, my advice is learn from this and continue do business with integrity. Be diligent to learn the rules so you are never tempted to act otherwise. Keep the mindset you have to bring value to the community because when you win we all win.

@rivey001 - Thank you for this reply! It's really early in the morning here but you've already made my day with it! :)

I think I've already said this here but I'll say it again: I could have really bailed thinking, this is the internet like you've said. But then I had to live with myself, you know? I was raised better than that and a deal is a deal :)

The trust factor plus the engagement this thread has already had makes me super happy, probably way more than a simple dollar or two of profits I could have had in this deal.

** Thanks for the advice. I'll keep going, and keep being honest and true to myself. I have my own pic here because I don't enjoy the "keyboard warrior" status if you know what I mean... I'm real, I'm interacting with real people and doing real business! That's the fire and the passion that makes me want to get up in the morning and do better (both in business and in life)... Once again thanks for the reply.

•••
PS- I've only created this thread to share the experience not for complaining and/or rant if that's what you're thinking at this point.! :)

Far from what I was thinking :)

Although everyone in an auction bids hoping to get the best lowest deal, I never thought it would sell for $1 I paid the fees as I could not send you less. I offered it back as although business is business I also did not intent to diddle anyone (English slang some may need to google :p) When it sells I will as you requested post back here.

Hopefully this thread will inspire others to recognise the importance of reputation.

•••
Best your glad you registered if for $9.99

•••
Far from what I was thinking :)

Although everyone in an auction bids hoping to get the best lowest deal, I never thought it would sell for $1 I paid the fees as I could not send you less. I offered it back as although business is business I also did not intent to diddle anyone (English slang some may need to google :P) When it sells I will as you requested post back here.

Hopefully this thread will inspire others to recognise the importance of reputation.

Diddle is a good way to put it LOL (and yes I did google it! :P). Thanks for doing it, we'll all be waiting! Hopefully, you'll close a deal with it soon (if that's what you're going for right now)...

Inspiring others with this thread would be perfect, again 1 is better than 0 (pun intended joke :P)

Best regards :D

•••
Best your glad you registered if for $9.99

Exactly @lock, I'm glad coupons exist on this one and that I was able to spot it as it got expired! :)

•••
Congrats :) Now its up to you to spend it or invest in something profitable.

•••
Congrats :) Now its up to you to spend it or invest in something profitable.

Thanks... My goal is always to keep reinvesting into the business I'm trying to establish until it becomes profitable enough that I don't have to keep doing it. Either it takes 10 months or 10 years I guess I'll find out :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back