Dynadot

Namebio forcing u to click ads now...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
so before when i entered namebio an old grey guy add popped.. ok.. annoying. but it had X to close it.... i guess tis started couple months ago.

today, same full page ad, no X to close.. forcing a click.

its becoming complicated to enter namebio

are we gonna be forced into more things in time or is this as bad as it will get before people can just see some sales? @Michael

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yeah, but the delay on closure is too long. I went to sign up for a membership, left because I'm not waiting 38+ seconds for the pop to close.
The popup only shows on the home page, so if you go to any other page you'd be fine to navigate to the Memberships page. Here's a direct link though:

https://namebio.com/memberships

If you click the banner it goes away immediately though.

•••
This has gone insane today.
Shows 45 seconds Ad on every new search.

If this is the case going forward - I am sure there would be a competitor who would happy to serve your free users with non-intrusive ad.

•••
This has gone insane today.
Shows 45 seconds Ad on every new search.

If this is the case going forward - I am sure there would be a competitor who would happy to serve your free users with non-intrusive ad.
You have to let the ad finish, if you refresh the page or open a new tab it will show again. It doesn’t show on every search if you let it finish, it’s every 50 searches, which for most people is once every few days.

•••
I am sure I let the first ad stay for 45 seconds. After some time it started showing on every new search.
Will clear browser cache and recheck.

•••
I am sure I let the first ad stay for 45 seconds. After some time it started showing on every new search.
Will clear browser cache and recheck.
I think I found what might be the problem. So it's supposed to only show the ad if it's your 50th search, or if you started watching the ad but didn't let it finish. Then I made is so that if you click the banner the ad goes away, but forgot to tell it to treat it the same as if you finished watching the ad. So if you click the banner to get rid of the ad, on the next search it thinks you didn't finish watching it and shows it again.

That should be resolved now. If you refresh the page it should happen one more time, and then after that it should go back to the normal "every 50" routine. Very sorry about that.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back