Watch

Jake

Senior MemberVIP Member
Impact
www.namepros.mobi

Use the mobalized version.

Its never been blocked for me! :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Proxy? Try this one, I own it, am I allowed to post it? It's disguised as an educational site :P: yipo.org

Go student area >> register, I'll activate you within 24 hours and voila, proxy that always should work ;)

•••
nice!

Ill have to try it!

•••
My school admin looked through this website, later gave me clearance to scan it daily.. That was when I was in school...

•••
It got blocked yesterday for me, i spend 99% of my time here :)
Ah well <3 proxy's.

ty for that, i'll try it.

•••
I registered at yipo.org under jake :)

•••
it will probally be blocked here soon thanks

•••
Strangely its not blocked at my school, but everything else seems to be...

•••
Use yipo, im on it now! Shame live chat not work through it though. Not working through .mobi either

•••
namepros most likely won't be blocked at most schools.

•••
I got caught using yipo.org in class! They had 58 PAGES of websites that I had used on it lol. So im in deep trouble :S

•••
my school filter checks each page so to beat the best you have to use .htaccess to password protect the proxy and spread the login info through sites like these and then use https to make sure they dont know what you are doing and finally add a quick shortcut which will let you switch to something which is "safe"

•••
Lonely Designs said:
I got caught using yipo.org in class! They had 58 PAGES of websites that I had used on it lol. So im in deep trouble :S

haha, try not to get caught, they might report it and then it'll be blocked. So far it's still not been blocked, I guess the 'education' thing works :P

•••
I'll be moving school soon, which wont have as many restrictions on it.
NamePros was unblocked for me once, for about 3 days, but still the port block remained so chat was offlimits! :(

Using a proxy is just asking for trouble at my school. They keep records of everything, and it's all logged.
Only thing I've used at school is squid, and that's to access cpanel/whm ports.

Joe

•••
Joe said:
I'll be moving school soon, which wont have as many restrictions on it.
NamePros was unblocked for me once, for about 3 days, but still the port block remained so chat was offlimits! :(

Using a proxy is just asking for trouble at my school. They keep records of everything, and it's all logged.
Only thing I've used at school is squid, and that's to access cpanel/whm ports.

Joe

Stop using me :(

•••
Don't bother with the usual proxy. You will be noticed. I can attest to this. I almost got suspended for showing a video I made about our school's marching band and football team. It was on YouTube.

Use your own SSH server. http://www.namepros.com/website-dev...te-development.html?highlight=ssh+socks+proxy

Encrypted.
Easy.
Free.
Set it up at home then use PuTTy and Firefox at school.

When you follow the instructions there, Firefox will let the proxy server lookup DNS, so network sniffers and watchers won't know which websites you are accessing. They have no legitimate reason to block your proxy IP, and if they do or "get you in trouble" (as long as you ARE using this legitimately - please do), they have no way to prove what you are doing is wrong, unless they have screenshots or something.

Again, don't use it for the wrong reasons. Be honest if doing this. You're kind of a loser if you use a proxy for a questionable reason. Sorry!

Last edited:
•••
Wow.

That SSH thing looks great, but I don't really get it :imho:

:yell:

•••
Jake said:
Wow.

That SSH thing looks great, but I don't really get it :imho:

:yell:
What don't you get? I'll help you out...

•••
Most people wouldn't have FireFox on their school computers, and it's nearly impossible to install programs without hacking an admin's account.

Proxies are good if your doing simple things. Whoever said you should register is wrong, theres no need to register with a proxy. You can google "free proxy" and find millions. Some have to many adds or pop-ups to use though, but it doesn't take long to find a good one.

•••
vectris said:
Most people wouldn't have FireFox on their school computers, and it's nearly impossible to install programs without hacking an admin's account.
Easily resolved: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Proxies are good if your doing simple things. Whoever said you should register is wrong, theres no need to register with a proxy.
True - however hosts that require proxy sites to enforce registration policies tend to have better performance. Also, any web-based proxy (esp. those common PHP ones) are insecure and even shady sometimes. Just keep that in mind. Besides, if you use a SSH socks proxy, you never have to worry about that.

Also, regarding OP, even though a URL isn't blocked for your school district right now, chances are there's somebody paid $5.25 per hour to sit and eat donuts and press the "B" key to block URLs as they see them being accessed.

By the way... THIS guy has a VERY interesting story about his experience as a student. He built a web proxy and some friends started using it at school, but they forced him - probably unconstitutionally - to take his proxy site offline. Wow. Talk about school admins on power trips... http://robertafnani.com/2008/01/31/fcps-its-illegal-to-make-websites/

This is an interesting thread so far... keep it up.

•••
Can't run .exe's so web based proxy's are the only things i can use...

•••
squid said:
What about .scr's? .scr is a screensaver file, which suggests that it is not a normal executable file, but I've found renaming a .exe to .scr (or vice versa) will work.

•••
squid said:
You can run .BAT files though! Almost guaranteed, unless your admins don't let you run ANY exe files at all (even web browsers... if you can't run EXEs, how do you do anything on the computer, including school work? Microsoft Word??)

BAT file contents (.bat file on flash drive contains the following):

Code:
PortableApps/Portable Firefox/firefox.exe

Although, be careful, because there was one time I tried this and it looped infinitely. I'm not sure I did it this way, though, I may have done it differently then. Check it before you run it.

And also try what Mikor suggested. SCR files are launched just like EXE files on most Windows systems.

•••
We can't run .bat etc.
We can simply load up ALLOWED programs. So for example, Internet Explorer is allowed to be run, whereas if i tried to run "Firefox.exe" it would recognise that it's not allowed to be ran and would block it. Also renaming to that of Internet Explorer.exe wouldn't work either, because they have to be in a system folder.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back