HELP NamePros Blog Publishers

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

NamePros HelpEstablished Member
Impact
Disclaimer: The NamePros Blog is produced by community members of NamePros. The opinions expressed in articles on the NamePros Blog do not necessarily represent that of NamePros. NamePros does not accept any affiliate revenue, commissions, or paid insertions beyond its clearly advertised media sponsors. NamePros cannot comment on the relationship between each author and their content but require that they disclose any material relationships that exist.

Rules
1. "Blog posts" are referred to as "articles" for simplicity.
2. Articles must abide by the NamePros rules (e.g., not include profanities or offensive content), the content policies of Google (e.g., not include sexually explicit material), and must be unique and original content that does not exist elsewhere.
  • You may quote and cite other sources to give the article context within reason, but your article’s primary content and topic must be created and told in the article posted on NamePros, and not forwarded elsewhere.
3. Do not submit your article more than once.
4. Articles should be timely, relevant, valuable, or interesting to the majority of NamePros members.
5. Do not post your signature at the bottom of the article. Signature information is automatically generated from your profile.
6. Submissions must not tease the reader into visiting another site to get the full effect your article offers. Your article content must deliver on the promises of its title and thesis.
7. Content that is overly critical, negative, or controversial in nature will not be permitted. Similarly, content deemed too promotional, or too sales-pitchy, will not be allowed.
8. Articles must be in English, and be grammatically accurate, spell checked, free of typos, and well written overall.
9. When writing your title, do not include URLs or HTML. Refrain from using repetitive punctuation, or writing your title completely in uppercase or lowercase letters.
10. Titles must be more than one word, click-worthy, and not be deceptive about their articles’ contents.
11. Articles may require a minimum of 200 to 500 words depending on the content.
12. When referencing sources within your article, please provide proper links or citation to them in the article, such as at the bottom of the article using MLA style.
13. NamePros articles may not be redistributed without proper citation and permission from NamePros staff.
14. NamePros reserves the right to remove content without notice or explanation, to ban authors, and to publish ads on article pages.
15. By using the blog, users agree to the NamePros Terms and Policies and will not hold NamePros accountable for article contents.
16. Do not remove content from articles after publishing. If substantial mistakes or updates absolutely warrant a change, only strike-out information and add a concise update.
17. All applicable material relationships in an article must be properly disclosed in a clear manner within the article.
18. Authors may decide which comments to remove from their own articles. NamePros staff may remove comments that violate more serious rules such as personal attacks or spam, but we will not interfere with most comments.

FAQ
1. Is there a way for me to easily receive notifications when new articles are published?
a. Yes! Visit this page and click “Watch Blog” to receive notifications whenever a new article is published.
2. Do you have an RSS feed I can integrate into my news aggregator or site?
a. We do and you can find it by visiting this page.
3. Can I link to another site that hosts the content I used to create an article?
a. No. All content published on the blog must be original according to Blog rule 2 and thus may not be hosted elsewhere and may not send readers to external sites.
4. What can I do to make certain that my article is free of mistakes?
a. Proofread your article from start to finish. It is recommended that you have someone else review your work.
5. Can I post “private label rights” articles?
a. No. NamePros does not consider “private label rights” articles to be unique content.
6. What is the maximum title length?
a. 150 characters.
7. What is repetitive punctuation?
a. Using several consecutive exclamation points or question marks is repetitive punctuation. e.g. Your sentence is very exciting!!!! While that may be true, the multiple exclamation points are repetitive. Limit your punctuation to one mark, like this!
8. Why can’t I edit an article after it’s published?
a. Articles will lose all social shares if anything is altered after publication.
b. Articles are often penalized by automated search engine authorities when their content changes. When necessary updates arise, instead of removing content, cross it out and briefly add to it to preserve social shares and search engine optimization.
9. Should I only create content that does not require frequent updates?
a. Ideally, yes. (This coincides with rule 16). An article’s content must remain true over time to prevent misleading statements. Thus, stock content that is unlikely to change is preferred. If you must post content that could change on a minute to minute basis, be sure to present it as such. A good example is the availability of domains. This information could change regularly, and it would be difficult to maintain an up-to-date availability status of the domains. Thus, this is not ideal content. If you must present it, make sure to state that the information in your article may change at any time.
10. Why do some articles feature disclaimers?
a. For extra transparency, it is important to disclose to readers if your article is based on opinion or on factual data, so as not to mislead audiences.
b. Example of an disclaimer where the article is based on opinion rather than data, “I have personally created this article. Everything I state is of my own opinion and what I believe. I do not guarantee any results as they can vary widely. Please conduct your own due diligence.”
11. What research goes into deciding if an article needs a disclaimer?
a. Expert endorsements, disclosures of material relationships, backing up claims with substantial data and peer review, disclaimers, and more are all contributing factors that must undergo due diligence. This is for the protection of our readers.

Guide
1. Posting original content on NamePros is a great way to gain exposure for your blog or service.
2. Featured articles on NamePros receive exposure from multiple sources:
a. Subscription members to the forum.
b. Visitors to NamePros.com.
c. Domain news aggregator sites.
d. Certain articles will be hand-picked and shared on our social pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
3. All character limits include spaces, line breaks, and punctuation.
4. If you believe that content on this blog is infringing on a copyright, first contact the infringing party directly to rectify the situation. If the problem cannot be resolved directly with the infringing party, then contact the NamePros staff.
5. The following method of title capitalization is preferred on the NamePros blog:
Capitalize all words in titles of publications and documents, except a, an, the, at, by, for, in, of, on, to, up, and, as, but, or, and nor.
(Source)
6. Remember to proofread your article before publishing it, as you cannot change anything in the title or body of an article after it is posted.
7. Only use formatting such as bolding or italicizing your text, in order to present your content more clearly. Article clarity is of the utmost importance.
8. When writing an article, be sure to include not just NamePros members, but everyone in the domain investing profession.
a. For example, instead of writing “...to protect the NamePros community…” you should write “...to protect all domain name investors…”
9. For SEO and brevity purposes, do not restate the title of your article within the first 334 characters of your post, as content aggregators often show the first 334 characters as a preview of the article. Use the opening section as a concise summary of the article. This will improve SEO and create a better reading experience.
10. Break up your text with line breaks to make content easier to read.
11. Authors can approve, reject, and delete comments on their own articles.
12. When linking to an internal thread, the link’s anchor text should be the title of the thread or accurately describe the contents of the thread.
a. Example: Become a better blog writer by reviewing the NamePros Blog Publishers guide.
13. Links can be bold, but any further formatting will appear unprofessional.
14. Use BBCode to stylize your content with quotes and tables.
15. @ tag members within articles if they’re part of the story.
16. Remember to review the General NamePros rules before posting in order to prevent any setbacks. Make sure to follow rule 1.4 which includes not posting images that you do not have the proper rights to use in your articles.

Ready to submit an article to our blog?

You can begin creating your blog post, save the draft as you work on it, come back to finish it at anytime, and then use the "Create" button to submit it to our editors for final approval.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back