Dynadot

Namesilo.com not opening?

NameSilo
Watch

LowPage TeaJit

Established Member
Impact
Namesilo.com not opening? Is the servers down?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everything is fine isitdownorjust_me/namesilo-com/

•••
Opens for me as normal this morning.

•••
It shows down - isitdownrightnow_com/namesilo.com.html

•••
I am not able to access Namesilo.com website either for the past 3 days. I have a few hundred domains there and it's really stressful.

•••
I am not able to access Namesilo.com website either for the past 3 days. I have a few hundred domains there and it's really stressful.
It would be funny, if they came from epik.
Good luck to you, mate.
Do you reside in the US; if you dont mind me asking? —Will @namesilo anyway.

I will check my NameSilo now and let all know!

Last edited:
•••
Opens for me as normal this morning.
NameSilo is a Canadian Registrar.
Thank Goodness, their Canadian part works :)

US and Canada: i can confirm no problems
I wonder if this is for NameSilo’s global users?

Last edited:
•••
NameSilo works for me!
Lightning fast.
I reside in the U.S.

Last edited:
•••
It's been working for me but you got me worried thinking I should go there and renew a bunch of domains in case it goes down.

•••
It's been working for me but you got me worried thinking I should go there and renew a bunch of domains in case it goes down.
i like way u think; even if it never affects US.
Better safe than sorry!

Last edited:
•••
NameSilo is a Canadian Registrar.
Thank Goodness, their Canadian part works :)

US and Canada: i can confirm no problems
I wonder if this is for NameSilo’s global users?
Hi Samer,
This appears tp be an India specific issue. I have started to work with Namesilo support and they have been very helpful. Even they have been caught unawares.

•••
Hi Daniel, Good idea to keep the domains renewed at least by 15 days or so. That would give enough buffer to figure out solutions in contingencies like this

•••
India specific issue confirmed by namesilo support.

•••
It is apparently related to the DNS services in India not pointing correctly to NameSilo.
The official NameSilo Twitter account posted about 12 hr ago confirming this. Until resolved, they suggested that one workaround was to use Google Public DNS for those who feel comfortable setting that up. They have not posted since then about the problem as far as I can see.

•••
•••
NameSilo is still not opening unfortunately.

Edit:
Tried using GoogleDNS as well as Cloudflare DNS

Last edited:
•••
Is their any update on this? Have they tried to resolve the issue? I've same problem (from India) and can't access namesilo. One of my domain has just expired. Need to access namesilo asap to renew it.

Edit: Have used Google dns to resolve the issue for time being

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Namesilo still doesn't resolve in India.

This is not related to the .in registry issue as confirmed by Namesilo support. I believe it's a legal issue related to complaints by some petitioners in courts in India about inaction to their C&D requests for domain names they contend are infringing their rights.

The issue (dating to March 2023) involved many registrars, including Namecheap, Dynadot, Namesilo, and Crazydomains AFAIK.

As of Aug. 20, 2023,
Namesilo is not resolvable on any ISP;
Crazydomains is not resolvable on some ISPs;
Namecheap and Dynadot are resolvable on all ISPs, which means they must have complied.

•••
It is apparently related to the DNS services in India not pointing correctly to NameSilo.
The official NameSilo Twitter account posted about 12 hr ago confirming this. Until resolved, they suggested that one workaround was to use Google Public DNS for those who feel comfortable setting that up. They have not posted since then about the problem as far as I can see.
Worked like a charm, thanks bob!

•••
Well, this is stupid. Now, namesilo.com is not opening here with either the cloudflare DNS or the google DNS.

Can someone else from India/ @namesilo confirm if any changes need to be made? I am running Windows 11.

1705349766911.png

•••
Namesilo still doesn't open in India on any ISP. They seem to be up against some very powerful entity, while holding out for some important entity at their end.

The legal issue doesn't look like ending soon.

The only option presently is to use a VPN.

•••
Namesilo still doesn't open in India on any ISP. They seem to be up against some very powerful entity, while holding out for some important entity at their end.

The legal issue doesn't look like ending soon.

The only option presently is to use a VPN.

Thanks.
But that makes me feel scared, I have a lot of domains at Namesilo and they need renewals.

@namesilo please find out the reasons and do something about the issue urgently, it's been long pending.
Otherwise you are set to lose almost all your Indian customers.

•••
Apologies for the continued inconvenience on this matter. Our legal team is working with Indian officials to resolve this matter as quickly as possible, however it appears to be taking longer than we expected. Unfortunately, we don't have any further updates at this time but please know that we are pushing to get this matter resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please try to VPN or update your DNS in order to access our site and renew your domains. If you encounter any issues or errors, please let us know at [email protected] and we'll do our best to assist you to renew your domains.

•••
Apologies for the continued inconvenience on this matter. Our legal team is working with Indian officials to resolve this matter as quickly as possible, however it appears to be taking longer than we expected. Unfortunately, we don't have any further updates at this time but please know that we are pushing to get this matter resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please try to VPN or update your DNS in order to access our site and renew your domains. If you encounter any issues or errors, please let us know at [email protected] and we'll do our best to assist you to renew your domains.
If you share anything about the issue (privately of course) I might be able to provide some (ground level) pointers on how things are interpreted here in IN.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back