IT.COM

security Need Investigative help please for TheDomains.com Twitter hacked account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mods not sure this is the correct forum, please feel free top move it if I have chosen the wrong Forum.

Hello,

First off, I am not affiliated with TheDomains.com at all. It is and always was Mike Berkens site. Raymond Hackney @equity78 is a huge part of TheDomains.com now since MB kinda retired.

So, I was off of work today.. I should have done many things, ran errands, put some domains in auction, domain management, wrote in my own blog (which I have the hardest time ever doing), crypto coin movement since market moved, and a long honey-do list, etc.

I start off my day, looking at the domain blogs, and of course checking my Twitter account. I notice that TheDomains Twitter account got hacked. That kind of pissed me off. Nobody should be able to do that. Some people were trying to help tweet to people to report this hack to Twitter, just press the gear icon, etc. Well, my desktop twitter didnt have one so I created a screenshot showing how to report it from desktop set-up.

Twitter support blows. I am sure that so many fans of The Domains have reported this, and still no help. The knucklehead holding the twitter account for ransom still has full control of the site. This only goes to show the rest of us that have many less followers, that if we ever get hacked, we will never get our accounts back.

So, this starts bothering me. I know Ray for almost 10 years now. Mike Berkens had my favorite portfolio of any big time domainer ever, before selling it. Almost got to meet Mike when in Ft. Lauderdale a couple years ago. Just seems like a very cool guy. I have TONS of respect for TheDomains.com and Mike and Ray.

Ok so, I see this knucklehead hacker tweeting on that account. At one time, he asks for $50 in Bitcoin to get account back. I tweet that I will pay it to get it back to them.

Then he direct messages me.His tweets sounded childish, but his DM's sounded much more civil. So, I feel like I am dealing with a guy down on his luck and he is a hacker, sure I will give him the $50 to get the account back to Mike and Ray.

Thats where I F-ed up.

So, I sent him $50 in Bitcoin from my Bittrex along with the $15 fee thinking he was going to turn over the account. Of course, he didn't

Now, you may call me an idiot, and I get it. I do feel embarrassed. Based on the DM's I really felt like I could fix this. The money was not too big of an issue to me considering the knowledge I have gotten from Mike on TheDomains.com for free for all of these years, and Ray has done 100x more than $50 worth for me in the past 10 years as well. So this could have been a great ending but unfortunately not.

This is where you come in.

Can anyone find this guy? I know there are some brilliant people who frequent this forum and I think I got a lot of information from this scumbag. A couple members I have seen here who have done some great investigative work... @Grilled @promo anyone else that may be able to help, that would be extremely cool!

I am gonna eventually post my whole DM conversation here thru screenshots. I have his Bitcoin address and some text address screenshot that may be helpful. I don't know why, but I am angered by this big time like it is my own site even though it isn't.

Thanks,
Vito

Ok I think I captured entire conversation
Here goes...

Scumbag 1.png
scumbag 2.png
scumbag 3.png
scumbag 4.png
scumbag 5.png
scumbag 6.png
scumbag 7.png
scumbag 8.png
scumbag 9.png
scumbag 10.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
Guys RT this tweets ... As the one before was a Reply tweet I did, and didn't show up as number 1 on my profile page... This will make it easy for people to find, and just a thought..One way I may be available to get 100 RT if I do a promotion AD, I look into it in the morning.

https://twitter.com/MrJagSingh/status/945498518592151552

Last edited:
•••
Guys RT this tweets ... As the one before was a Reply tweet I did, and didn't show up as number 1 on my profile page... This will make it easy for people to find, and just a thought..One way I may be available to get 100 RT if I do a promotion AD, I look into it in the morning.

https://twitter.com/MrJagSingh/status/945498518592151552

I saw that so I just re-tweeted with a quote.
Can you delete that last tweet though because peolle may get confused and there may be half people re-tweeting wrong tweet?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Had this twitter alert in my messages just now. Not sure what this exactly means but it does sound good that they are finally finding out that there is a problem with the account. Its only been about 4 days now....wtf

Screenshot_20171226-073907.png

Last edited:
•••
Had this twitter alert in my messages just now. Not sure what this exactly means but it does sound good that they are finally finding out that there is a problem with the account. Its only been about 4 days now....wtf
Show attachment 76232

Let's hope Twitter are aware and get this sorted, yep 4 days #NotGood

•••
Twitter support for such important issues has gone way downhill in the course of a year. Richard Lau was able to recover his account very fast. The hacker attempted to sell the account to third parties.

•••
Don't forget Twitter is a free service. Plus it's the holidays. Cut them some slack.

•••
Thank you Vito and Jag and everyone who has contributed. Dealing with Twitter at non celebrity status is quite the joke.

I read about a school district in Nevada who was hacked and out for well over 3 days and the head of the school district talked about the frustration of no phone support and just emails.

I got a bunch of retweets out on your tweet Jag, thank you

•••
Don't forget Twitter is a free service. Plus it's the holidays. Cut them some slack.

Twitter behaves like this whether it's the holidays or not. Free does not mean you can provide inferior service, plus TheDomains has spent money with Twitter advertising in the past. And credit card fraud is actually involved with this case as well.

•••
Don't forget Twitter is a publicly traded company. Its stock value can fluctuate on customer satisfaction.

•••
Twitter behaves like this whether it's the holidays or not. Free does not mean you can provide inferior service, plus TheDomains has spent money with Twitter advertising in the past. And credit card fraud is actually involved with this case as well.
In my experience during the holidays things always drag, because it is the generally new-hires taking on the hours. So any investigative processes will be affected.

KIM even though one pays for advertising it is still a free account..you are on their time they are not on yours. I'm not trying to downplay it, but a Twitter account is not the same as a website or domain name.

•••
•••
Thank you Vito and Jag and everyone who has contributed. Dealing with Twitter at non celebrity status is quite the joke.

I read about a school district in Nevada who was hacked and out for well over 3 days and the head of the school district talked about the frustration of no phone support and just emails.

I got a bunch of retweets out on your tweet Jag, thank you

Not problem what so ever and thank you for RT.

I am in touch with Mike, so anything private I am passing it over to him.

Twitter is a Joke.. I personally will never spend any more money on Twitter in the future. I am trying other avenues to get someone from Twitter.

•••
•••
•••
I am trying other avenues to get someone from Twitter.

Try:

Bryan Weisbard [Head of Security Analysis, Investigations & Business Continuity at Twitter]
Tweet him @BryanWeisbard HERE [or EMAIL: first initial + lastname @twitter.com]

Or

Michael Coates [Chief Information Security Officer at Twitter]
Tweet him @_mwc HERE

I can post or DM contacts to lower level Twitter employee's who work in their information security division. I'm thinking one can bypass the twitter bots by alerting Twitter employee's directly. Would alerting company employee's of a platform related issue be considered spamming [either via email directory or social media platform] ? Would it require an unsubscribe link, and other guidelines outlined in the can-spam act of 2003?

EDIT ADDED: I wonder if the Berkens will have any luck contacting Investors Relations HERE, or maybe directly through a POC. You'd think finding out that a shareholder of 10,000 shares has had their account hacked [for days] will not sit lightly in that department.

Krista Bessinger
[Senior Director-Investor Relations at Twitter]
Tweet her HERE [or EMAIL: first initial + lastname @twitter.com]

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks @Grilled I am connecting with them now over at Linkedin.com

@creataweb Please unwatch this thread. I am not being rude or anything buddy, but seeing some of the comments here from you, you really are not helping.

No need to comment, Have a great new year @creataweb :xf.smile:

•••

Great. Best of luck!

I added a part about investor relations. Probably best if Mr. of Mrs. Berkens contacted that department, and see if they being shareholders, can get some attention directed to their hacked account.

•••

@creataweb Please unwatch this thread. I am not being rude or anything buddy, but seeing some of the comments here from you, you really are not helping.

No need to comment, Have a great new year @creataweb :xf.smile:
I help behind the scenes brah.

•••
•••
This is truly insane. I created this thread on Saturday and TheDomains do not have their Twitter account back as of yet. As Ray and Grilled posted, this is not just a free social media blasting board. There are shareholders, there are credit cards on file. This is a huge security threat.

Funny thing is, I just started getting the hang of twitter recently and had a couple auctions that I wanted to promote using twitter, so I was literally a day or 2 away from entering my own CC details into Twitter to promote auctions. That will NOT happen now. Its absurd, the lack of response. I must have tweeted and retweeted a dozen times already and nothing but a couple automated BS responses. #TwitterShameful.

As for my communication w/bad guy, that was over after my last screen shot of communication that I posted here. I was being overly polite because he had me in a corner and he knew it. My next response to him would have been very ugly, it wouldn't have helped the situation in any way, shape or form anyways.

JagG, you are doing a great job of tweeting all of the info that all of our NP members are posting in here, to all of the new higher echelon contacts people keep bringing here.

Thanks to everyone helping out. Lots of great minds at work here. It really is very cool to see. I know it doesnt look like it is helping but we will strike the right cord soon, im sure.

•••
This is truly insane.

Agreed, but as @HotKey pointed out, it is the holiday's. And unless I'm mistaken, a lot of what has occurred (regarding Twitter's response) has been the result of bots? I assume some type of human interaction has to occur to suspend the account until the credentials are secured by the proper party.

I know it doesnt look like it is helping but we will strike the right cord soon

I don't tweet. But I came out of my twitter shell to retweet @JagG tweet and tag a culmination of believed Twitter lawyers, shareholders, VP's, security engineer's, and even a security intern. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but my thoughts are if a human at Twitter catches wind of what's going on, then some type of decisive action [or ticket escalation] will occur. Hopefully I tagged the appropriate people.

https://twitter.com/CheapBrandables/status/945858500604731393

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back