Domain Empire

New Community idea

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have recently decided to start a new online community. Here is the story that lead me to this.

I have been working in, we'll call it "web development", for about 5 years now. The firm I currently work for is actually an A&E firm and it doesn't look like they are going to be interested in keeping my department (basically me) any longer. I don't mind that, there are other firms in my area that are actual web design firms, and I could easily get a job with them. But, I thought I would focus my attention on leaping out on my own, starting while still an employee. I have had some, but not signifigant results. There is a lot of talent and knowledge out there on how to be succesful at this, but it's scattered all over the place. My envision is not completely unique, but I wanted to start a community that would focus on freelance design. This would be a place where freelancers gather to exchange ideas, tell stories (failures and success, both are needed for improvement) and to create something that would not only unify sources, but generate traffic/interest for collaborators. I'm not looking to create a "bid platform" like Elance, in fact I have no interest in that at all, but I would like to see a fews things:

News announcements: Anything related to this proffession, and it can include noteworthy freelancers, external articles, tools and tips.

Open Exchange: An area for the public voice, for freelancers to discuss open topics concerning freelance work.

Articles: I would love to have authors register and provide good articles related to freelancing, or even online business (no spam, and heavily monitored). Articles are one of the best ways to get known on the web, and also, if enough quality article are written, attract traffic which leads me to the last point...

Freelance Driectory: All to often I find design firm directories, and these are great. But they are static in the sense that all it does is list freelancers. There is no exchange of ideas, or relevant articals.

In short, I am looking for collaborators to develop this idea and to contribute to it's start. I have the domain and hosting covered, and have no interest in creating revenue. I am more concerned in making a great community.

I'm sorry if this essay is not very thought out, but I haven't spent much time on it yet, and would love to have some other people jump in with me. If anyone is at all interested, please contact me [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well i am also thinking as you are...

we can put there marketpalce , shop where people can buy and sale itmes like template....banners...logos...etc...

•••
ill be willing to help

:)
adam

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back