Dynadot

question NP Member Inspired: "Shaker and Roller"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Anyone ever hear of the idiom/term "Shaker and Roller"? I've been hearing it most of my life, and it was another NP member who just reached out to me to possibly help develop a domain that I recently purchased that made me think of it. Apparently this member had been following me and his name/avatar had been popping up over and over either responding to some of my posts/threads or "liking" or "thanking" me.

Obviously I had to check this member out, not just because he was following me, but because i was seeing him all over NP and I simply liked his style.

Prior to officially meeting him in the last 24 hours i thought to myself, what a "shaker and roller"..... i found it very strange If you were to Google "shaker and roller" you'll find nothing, and I mean nothing. So I obviously wasn't going to register it as a domain especially too because no one ever has in the past according to HosterStats.

My curiosity set in and i wondered why this idiom even existed in my mind? Then Voila!.....while I can't be 100% sure, it has to come from shooting craps (a very popular gambling game) when you "shake and roll" the dice:xf.rolleyes:

I just had to share this because it was inspired right here on NamePros:xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I definitely heard that before..and many times.

I too LOVE to play craps.....

So much so.....

I own the

DICEDOCTOR.COM
&

THEDICEDOCTOR.COM

and they are available???... Maybe

I have a neon light...spelling out

DICEDOCTOR.COM.....

Over my personal Craps table. 👍
🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

Last edited:
•••
I definitely heard that before..and many times.

I too LOVE to play craps.....

So much so.....

I own the

DICEDOCTOR.COM
&

THEDICEDOCTOR.COM

and the are available??? Maybe

I have a neon light...spelling out

DICEDOCTOR.COM.....

Over my personal Craps table. 👍
🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲
Wow Just-J.......you sound like a shaker and roller yourself, especially with your own personal Craps table.

I've always been interested in Craps, but mostly played Black Jack when in Vegas. All the hoop'n and holler'n going on around the Craps table was certainly entertaining.

Well DiceDoctor....any thoughts or ideas on developing ShakerandRoller.com....maybe having celebrities shake and roll the dice....how about athletes?.....thinking Pete Rose:xf.wink:

•••
shakerandroller.biz is still available

•••
The phrase “shake rattle and roll” also has dice roots. Pianist Franklin Baby Seals published “You Got to Shake Rattle and Roll” back around 1912 with lyrics "... Dis way you guys got squeezin’ dem dice, I done told you once, and now I’m tellin you twice, You got to shake rattle and roll…”

Jesse Stone aka Charles Calhoun wrote the modern hit with a similar name in 1954 and singer Big Joe Turner did the rest. There are many lyrical variations, there’s gotta be a restaurant name in there somewhere.

•••
I just find in US "Roller And A Shaker" :xf.wink: :ROFL:

https://www.facebook.com/88Rollerandashaker/
1694675335844.png

p.s.
All In Crypto GIF

Last edited:
•••
Anyone ever hear of the idiom/term "Shaker and Roller"? I've been hearing it most of my life

No, and the reason you don't find anything in search results is that "mover and shaker" is the idiom you are mis-remembering.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 4.02.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 4.02.34 PM.png

So, yes, there are a gajillion search results for "mover and shaker", yet you are puzzled by the lack thereof for "shaker and roller" which, remarkably, means the same thing in your mind. Certainly, you will conclude that it is the internet which is wrong about no one using "shaker and roller" instead of "mover and shaker".

My curiosity set in and i wondered why this idiom even existed in my mind?

Because you are getting old, which affects precisely this sort of thing.

But, by all means, buy a bunch of "rollerandshaker" domains in niche categories and then tell us how dumb we all are because we don't hang out at Kiwanis meetings to get to know people who don't want to buy our domains, but whom we imagine to be key partners in the greatest business idea you've ever had this week.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back