IT.COM

Own Landing Pages or Afternic ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What would you rather do?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Redirect to own landing pages

votes
    53.8%
  • Point then to NS3/NS4 landers

votes
    46.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Would you rather redirect your domains to your own website landing pages or have them pointing to Afternic NS3/NS4 nameservers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
20+ years I've always used my own or something like efty.com etc... I still list my domains at Afternic MLS, Sedo MLS, Dan, Dynadot Market, Efty but I always point back to me so I get name, email, phone, ip, etc... of buyers.

Last edited:
•••
20+ years I've always used my own or something like efty.com etc... I still list my domains at Afternic MLS, Sedo MLS, Dan, Dynadot Market, Efty but I always point back to me so I get name, email, phone, ip, etc... of buyers.
Are you able to share a domain linking to one of your landers ?

With regards to your prices have you increased them to take into account the 25% commission for not using Afternic landers ?

•••
Are you able to share a domain linking to one of your lander?

Currently giving Efty another year run so nothing unique to show other than my added text.

With regards to your prices have you increased them to take into account the 25% commission for not using Afternic landers ?

Yes, Prices on my landers are my buy it now prices. Prices on Afternic, Sedo, Dan, Dynadot listings are slightly increased 10% as I'm fine with 10-15% if MLS networks brings the sale but 20-25% I'm not okay with. So they can buy direct at the cheapest price or they can buy elsewhere at a 10% markup for now.

Last edited:
•••
•••
so I get name, email, phone, ip, etc... of buyers.
This is especially important with how quickly services are being purchased and shut down these days. That’s why NamePros Parking sends the buyers’ details in an email to you each time the lander is filled out. It can also be accessed from the website for convenience.

•••
This is especially important with how quickly services are being purchased and shut down these days. That’s why NamePros Parking sends the buyers’ details in an email to you each time the lander is filled out. It can also be accessed from the website for convenience.

I like what you've done for people that want a free version. Personally I'd never use it unless it was on a generic domain and had a paid option to remove the namepros branding as sending a buyer to a domain forum with thousands of alternative domains is insanity. If their set on your domain then the price is the price take it or leave it. But if not so particular your lead could come here abort sale and buy another domainers domain. Domainers get mad when a few extra domains show up in the cart of an aftermarket purchase, your solution leads buyers to much more than a few extra domains in the cart.... https://www.namepros.com/link-forums/all-domains-for-sale.237/

Last edited:
•••
I like what you've done for people that want a free version. Personally I'd never use it unless it was on a generic domain and had a paid option to remove the namepros branding as sending a buyer to a domain forum with thousands of alternative domains is insanity. If their set on your domain then the price is the price take it or leave it. But if not so particular your lead could come here abort sale and buy another domainers domain. Domainers get mad when a few extra domains show up in the cart of an aftermarket purchase, your solution leads buyers to much more than a few extra domains in the cart.... https://www.namepros.com/link-forums/all-domains-for-sale.237/
That’s a fair concern. We are confident that it won’t have that kind of negative effect, but we are going to do real studies and tests to find out. We’ve already had NamePros members with massive portfolios offer to help us with the study using their portfolios once our landing pages support Buy Now buttons (coming very soon).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back