Dynadot

ParkingRevolution.com - Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Bucaneiro

Account Closed
Impact
logo.png

In order to organize the service presentation and discussion, as well provide some better pre-sale questions and replies to customers from NamePros.com, i'm creating this thread. Parking Revolution is the newest approach on domain parking, but, with a little twist: you're not building plain ugly pages full of links, you're transforming your domains into complete websites.

Everyone agrees: developing your domains is much better than parking them. But, everyone also agrees that developing domains takes too much time and money, and sometimes, you don't have both. Parking was always the best choice due to the ease of use. However, a parked domain is a single ugly page, with lot's of links and literally no content. I doubt that you, as an internet user, ever clicked or followed one of those links in parked pages.

So, why can't we have both? Develop our domains with the ease of use of the domain parking system. We'll, we can. That's what Parking Revolution is all about. Develop your domains easily, without having to worry with programming languages (HTML? Eek!) or spending whole nights trying to create & host your websites. With a few clicks, you can build complete websites with relevant content. If you have a domain about baseball, you can have a website about baseball with Parking Revolution. You choose the website name, the website keyword (baseball) and a few other data and your website is ready to go.

Reviews

Useful links

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have just signed on for a 2d month with PR, as I am generally pleased with the product. I share the observation re: Read More windows, as they don't seem to follow the site theme. I think this is more of a Google issue than than a PR issue. I have almost 70 sites up on PR and would say that some are rather tasty and some are pretty lame. I just put up a new one that I think is really quite cool: FindANewMortgage.com. Please take a peek and tell me what you think. Thanks.

Does anyone have any early earning numbers??

Let's hope that PR continues to grow and that we all prosper.

•••
A-List said:
Ebay Partner Network help needed.

Rejected by Ebay Partner program. I also noticed that I Don't see active Ebay partner links on any of the sites listed by posters to this board.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions how to fill out application to get accepted? E.g. What to fill in for "Business Description?"

My application is also rejected.... how to be accepted since I applied twice already ?
D-:

•••
Parking Revolution has been updated! There are a lot of new features and bug fixes, and to be honest, most of them are features requested by customers. Take a look at the list and enjoy the amazing possibilities at Parking Revolution:

• Widget creation system, that allows you to create sidebar widgets for all parked domains. This is extremely useful for creating additional advertising spots, sponsoring content, sharing links or even creating simple blogrolls.
  • Now there are three types of customization includes: Header, Meta and Footer. Header includes will be added right after the <body> tag, Meta includes will be added between the <head> tags and Footer includes will be added right before the closing </body> tag.
  • Individual customization includes are now possible. This means that, along with the global Header, Meta and Footer includes, you can add such includes for specific domains.
  • Individual banner includes are now possible. This means that, instead of using the global banner includes, one of your domains can use specific includes.
  • Advanced Flickr integration in the "Photos" module now allows you to display: Pictures from your Flickr Account, Favorites from your Flickr Account and Pictures from your Flickr Group.
  • Social bookmarking icons can now be displayed on each content item (disabled by default).
  • If you feel that the default content being displayed by Parking Revolution isn't very relevant to your domain subject, you can display content imported from a RSS feed.
Bug fixes:
  • Google Analytics integration now works perfectly
  • Performance tweaks on the entire system
  • Better cache for parked domains (means they will load faster)
  • Optimizations and minor bug fixes in the RSS Merging tool
  • Optimizations and minor bug fixes in the Rewrite Content tool
If you have any idea or suggestion, let us know. We hear and care about our customers. ;)

•••
•••
Great job listening to customer feedback! Love the new features. Individual AdSense is great, can now customize the style to match various Parking Rev designs.

•••
DotSauce said:
Great job listening to customer feedback! Love the new features. Individual AdSense is great, can now customize the style to match various Parking Rev designs.
Likewise. Thank you for listening. Very very good!

What next? Maybe you could have poll?

My new votes would go to:

0 - capitalization of the site name in all templates
1 - products as the home page (like BANS)
2 - ability to change password (sorry, but this really bugs me)

Best.

- Paul

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
is it possible to reach parking revolution via CNAME or A records?

•••
okapi said:
is it possible to reach parking revolution via CNAME or A records?

I never tested this, but you can try addressing A records to ns1.parkingrevolution.com (or 174.133.157.114). May i ask why would you use A records instead of changing the DNS?

•••
Bucaneiro said:
I never tested this, but you can try addressing A records to ns1.parkingrevolution.com (or 174.133.157.114). May i ask why would you use A records instead of changing the DNS?

I'd like to try parking revolution with some cctld domains whose mantainer don't allow me to change dns.

I'll try now.

Edit: Both ways worked! (a record to ip, cname to ns1... .), Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Glad i could help you, okapi. If you have any other problems, just contact us.

•••
Hi Bucaneiro, my Ebay partner network is rejected again (third time). is it possible to include Amazon A-Store as the substitute for Ebay in the "Products" page?

•••
Seems like Ebay is not signing many up these days, perhaps they are overwhelmed.

Amazon would be a good alternative...

•••
hmmm...seems like the OP's account has been closed :guilty:

•••
kev said:
hmmm...seems like the OP's account has been closed :guilty:

NOT GOOD! D-:

•••
i can't login anymore, now my username PR com page is parked. :|

edit: anyway all my domains at parkingrevolution are ok, i only can't control them.

second edit: it was my fault, now everything is ok. thanks to pr support.

Last edited:
•••
All seems to be working OK for me.

- Paul

•••
Working fine for me as well.
They are responsive and making good enhancements.

•••
The ones I got up and running are working out very well. Still working on a few to get the kinks out.

•••
•••
That's 1.12% better than me ! Any star performers or do they all do the same ?

•••
Mine is 1.86% across all names and all time without yet using the Adsense for individual domains feature (so some sites look worse than they could). Today on one domain I am seeing 150%, but that's only 2 page impressions and 3 clicks, so it doesn't mean much.

No mention here of the Google Analytics change - if you use it, I recommend you to check the blog:

http://blog.parkingrevolution.com/

- Paul

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back