Domain Empire

question Reg buyers who want to pay using PayPal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
In the domain buyers section, When buyers mention payment method as: PayPal, does it mean they want to transfer from their PayPal account to the other person's PayPal account and get the domain transferred to them directly?
Or if the marketplace accepts PayPal payment that can also be considered?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've always read it as a direct transaction between the buyer/seller and myself, which in the couple of transactions I've completed has been the case. I'm always pleased to see a domain seller accepting Paypal and probably wouldn't accept any other payment method.

Paypal has clout with both buyers and sellers alike, including bank verification, whereas any specific site guarantees can be pretty worthless outside of banning members etc. Over a lot of years I've used paypal recovery probably once or twice, Usually takes a while but they have always reimbursed. (not domain related)

In a one to one transaction I personally don't think I would want a further link in the guarantee chain just in case it's their compliance that falls down

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
In the domain buyers section, When buyers mention payment method as: PayPal, does it mean they want to transfer from their PayPal account to the other person's PayPal account and get the domain transferred to them directly?
Or if the marketplace accepts PayPal payment that can also be considered?
Hello,

In the regular marketplace section where members sell their domain domains, a seller can outline the payment option(s) they accept. In the domain buyer request section, a buyer may stipulate the type of payment option(s) they can pay a seller with.

In either case, the member buying from the seller in the marketplace or the member selling to the buyer in the domain names wanted section, should make sure they can use that form of payment that was in the guidelines.

NamePros does not facilitate any 3rd party transactions.

Once a buyer and a seller enter into a binding sales/purchase agreement they will use the chosen and agreed upon 3rd party payment method. Once payment is confirmed, the domain(s) should be transferred by the second member to the registrar specified by the first member.

All negotiations and conversations pertaining to the deal should remain on NamePros in direct message conversation between the two members. NamePros moderators can not assist in mediation if communication is not on NamePros.

It's important to message a member you want to buy a domain from that has a domain buyer request thread when payment is in question. You can always ask if they are willing to use a different form of payment prior to entering into a binding sales/purchase agreement.

Additionally: Normally if Paypal is stipulated, it means payment by paypal and manually transferring the domain to their register. Generally, if they accept Paypal only through a 3rd party marketplace platform and not directly through paypal, their payment method would look more like:

Payment Method(s): Dan, Godaddy, Escrow

Where Dan or Godaddy may be able to facilitate a Paypal payment and internally transfer the domains to the other party.

We hope that information helps.

•••
Upvote 0
Hello,

In the regular marketplace section where members sell their domain domains, a seller can outline the payment option(s) they accept. In the domain buyer request section, a buyer may stipulate the type of payment option(s) they can pay a seller with.

In either case, the member buying from the seller in the marketplace or the member selling to the buyer in the domain names wanted section, should make sure they can use that form of payment that was in the guidelines.

NamePros does not facilitate any 3rd party transactions.

Once a buyer and a seller enter into a binding sales/purchase agreement they will use the chosen and agreed upon 3rd party payment method. Once payment is confirmed, the domain(s) should be transferred by the second member to the registrar specified by the first member.

All negotiations and conversations pertaining to the deal should remain on NamePros in direct message conversation between the two members. NamePros moderators can not assist in mediation if communication is not on NamePros.

It's important to message a member you want to buy a domain from that has a domain buyer request thread when payment is in question. You can always ask if they are willing to use a different form of payment prior to entering into a binding sales/purchase agreement.

Additionally: Normally if Paypal is stipulated, it means payment by paypal and manually transferring the domain to their register. Generally, if they accept Paypal only through a 3rd party marketplace platform and not directly through paypal, their payment method would look more like:

Payment Method(s): Dan, Godaddy, Escrow

Where Dan or Godaddy may be able to facilitate a Paypal payment and internally transfer the domains to the other party.

We hope that information helps.
Thank you the explanation and advice

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back