Dynadot

discuss Release date postponed after I preordered a domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

emile123

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I pre-ordered 2 .STORAGE domains in september 2016 at NAME.COM.
The mentioned release date was december 2016 when I pre-ordered these names.

Now the release date of .STORAGE has been postponed 2 times with 6 months, and is now December 2017!
[ name.com did not inform me about this, I had to find out myself when checking my pre-ordered domains ]
I asked name.com to stop the pre-order process for these 2 domains because they keep postponing the release date. (.. and who knows it will be postponed over and over again..)

Name.com says I cannot get refund on pre-ordered domains; even when the release date gets postponed (twice in this case..) you simply cannot stop the pre-orders and do not get your refund.

I do understand how pre-orders work and I know you normally cannot get refund after you made your pre-order. That makes sense.
But in this situation the release date is postponed multiple times (where the registrar did not inform me about that). You would expect that, when the release date gets postponed, you would have an option to either continue with the pre-order, or to step out and receive refund. At least thats what I think would be fair in this case.

Looking forward to your thoughts and experiences with pre-orders where the release date gets postponed!

thanks in advance,

regards
Emile

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back