NameSilo

Repeating keyword domains (e.g. LoveLove.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys, have you ever realized a lot of repeating premium keyword domains are taken and, for many keywords, the names have been regged since late 90s-early 2000s? Just like premium 1-worders!

Do you have some? What do you think about this kind of domains? Let's showcase them! This is my first one:

TabletTablet.com

Thanks to our beloved Ms Domainer that inspired me in wanting to open this thread with her comment on a blog.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think they're kinda goofy and generally smack of being 'domainers domains', but could envision a few instances where they might be brandable (Little Caesars Guy = Pizza Pizza- stuff like that...)

•••
To some they may appear goofy, but they seem to work ;)
Besides a few exceptions, all premium keywords are taken and regged for years (up to 15!)

EmailEmail.com and ShoppingShopping.com are owned by Frank Schilling. They have been regged in 2003 (and they're among the most recent) and renewed until 2013.

I think one BIG upside of this kind of domains is they're EXTREMELY easy to remember, though they may be longer than other domains.

•••
In some languages repeats are the RULE rather than the exception.

For instance in Chinese I believe alot of words related to siblings/relatives are repeats (and would not make sense as a single word).

LittleSister
BigBrother
Aunt
etc...

NOTE: I do not know how to spell the actual way to say those words in Chinese...

•••
I like repeating names too. What's their scope for resale. I was thinking of registering a few good ones

•••
Double names would suffer the same SEO issues that .net, .org and .info domains suffer. If the existing .com from whatever.com is well done, then whateverwhatever.com doesn't stand a chance.

At the end of the day, for all keywords, the fight begins with what does the person with the best version of that domain have going.

Since expanding the field to namename.com's doesn't change the basic SEO equation, I can't see how they help unless a keyword has somehow managed to be heavily registered and poorly SEOed.

•••
mrjohn, I'm not saying KeywordKeyword.com is equal to Keyword.com - I'm just saying these domains are easily memorable (people need to remember only one word, just like Keyword.com domains). The fact they have been regged for years (and keep being renewed) is another indicator. I think they definitely have a reason to exist ;)

Last edited:
•••
To some they may appear goofy, but they seem to work ;)
Besides a few exceptions, all premium keywords are taken and regged for years (up to 15!)

I dont know why you think those domains are "working", but there are no reported sales of them, I dont think they can make any revenue (traffic) nondeveloped, and as someone said in this thread, even developed they would lose traffic/branding to its single keyword version.

I would stay away from them (except from super premium keywords, but those are gone long ago), and, as dongsman said, they'll probably stay 'domainers domains' forever.

•••
@MattheP: of course they don't make any revenue if they're simply parked and they can't receive type-in visits! You have to consider them as brandable domains! I mean, if developed, they're a GREAT alternative to their single-keyword counterpart, because people can remember them very easily. And, once the developed site gains popularity, I don't think the amount of traffic it loses to its counterpart is relevant.

Consider JuegosJuegos[dot]com - it's a developed portal and Adwords Keyword Tool shows 1,000,000 exact global searches for [juegos juegos]. When you search for [hotel hotel], despite it being a premium keyword, the tool returns only 1,900 exact searches (74,000 using 'phrase mode' though) and that's due to HotelHotel[dot]com being simply parked.

•••
Hi guys, have you ever realized a lot of repeating keyword domains are taken and, for many keywords, the names have been regged since late 90s-early 2000s? Just like premium 1-word domains!

Do you have some? What do you think about this kind of domains? Let's showcase them! This is my first one:

TabletTablet.com

Thanks to our beloved Ms Domainer that inspired me in wanting to open this thread with her comment on a blog.

Hey, the_poet,

Glad I did something inspirational for a change.

I have only three repeaters (all dot coms), two related to my other field:

WriterWriter and PoetPoet

and one 3d:

3dtv3dtv

I think Dongsman is right that (for now) repeaters are somewhat of a domainer's toy.

I like WriterWriter (which is an excitable Writer! Writer! on one of my blogs). I'm not so fond of PoetPoet--it just doesn't have that "ring" to it.

The 3d one is pure speculation.

Product repeaters have a good future, I think, but only if they are developed.

•••
I agree, they have value only if developed and product keywords are among the most interesting, that's why I chose tablet. Miss, thank you so much and rep added :)

•••
I used to have: discountdiscount.info or salesale.info

Damn i think discounts one, anyway I sold it here last year.

B-)

•••
I have no idea how these will perform either as brandables selling to end users, or as minisites; however I have my eye on a few double-keyword names and plan to reg maybe 5 of them for minisites, as a limited experiment.

•••
mrjohn, I'm not saying KeywordKeyword.com is equal to Keyword.com - I'm just saying these domains are easily memorable (people need to remember only one word, just like Keyword.com domains). The fact they have been regged for years (and keep being renewed) is another indicator. I think they definitely have a reason to exist ;)

My thoughts . . .

1. SERP superiority, at the end of the day, is the name of the game. Someone, even if it is just the end user you sell the domain to, has to have reasonable confidence they can perform well in Google with the domain.

2.a. Regged for years doesn't mean anything. I've seen absolute gibberish domains that are still regged and undeveloped for years.

2.b. Lots of sites come out of nowhere and built an audience in less than a year.

3.a. For me to even care about a namename.com, I'd have to see significant failure to develop that keyword on other domains.

3.b. Off the top of my head, I can't answer what Matt Cutts would say, but if I had to bet, Google penalizes them in SERP. It just seems too obvious and too domainerish for Google to not punish. Google never passes up a chance to deliver a face slap to anything that has easy blackhat SEO potential.

3.c. If there is failure to develop the name.com, name.net, name.org, etc. domains, you have to ask why.

3.d. If there isn't failure to develop them -- that is to say there are well-SEOed sites score good SERPs for the keyword -- then what's the point? What's the prize?

4. Saying something doesn't make it true. Too many domainers want to use the magical wish-granting pony track to instant wealth. It doesn't work. Namename.com domains are a magical wish-granting pony. Nothing more. If you want to put your money in a pile and set it on fire, go wild.

5. The only ones that would work are ones that work in a sing-songy sense. Like LoveLove.com, MomMom.com, DadDad.com, etc. TabletTablet.com?

6. Memorability is over-rated. Remember, people go to sites with names like ArsTechnica.com all the time.

I'd rather put my time and money into link building (if fairly priced), SEO/SERP and analysis.

•••
Bannen, hope you'll let us know what they are once you regged them :)

•••
It looks like BestBest.com sold for over $13,000.

Best of the best???

•••
Thank you, triplepen! What's the source?

•••
DNjournal reports it sold on Sedo

#16 for the week

Last edited:
•••
You're right. Glad to see such a sale!

•••

Frank Schilling owns WinnerWinner [dot] com.

;)

DietDiet [dot] com went for $2,600 at Namejet (also on this week's DNjournal report).

Not that we should all be lemmings and go out and do mad regs of repeaters....

Last edited:
•••
•••

DietDiet [dot] com went for $2,600 at Namejet (also on this week's DNjournal report).

Not that we should all be lemmings and go out and do mad regs of repeaters....

I agree. As I wrote before, premium keywordkewyword are gone long time ago. besbest and dietdiet was registered 11 years ago.

•••
premium keywordkewyword are gone long time ago. besbest and dietdiet was registered 11 years ago.
Yes, but the whole thread is meant to focus on repeating premium keyword domains. Maybe it wasn't clear enough and so I edited the OP. Obscure keywords don't really have any value, even in Keyword.com format ;)

•••
Thanks for this thread!

Wow! I just registered - MortgageMortgage.org
I'll probably develop a minisite and try to optimize for some keyword searches.

Thanks,
David Taylor

•••
@lexisdomains: Great keyword, congrats!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back