IT.COM

[Resolved] Donate $1 to Team in Training , win $300!!! (USD) (NP members only)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
Donate $1 to Team in Training , win $300!!! (USD) (NP members only)

For NP members only:

Racing to Save Lives

Welcome to my Team In Training home page.

Hello,

My name is Frank Bonilla, age 56, from Fresno, California. Of course, you me as Frank , or Abstracts.tv.

I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign.

This is second marathon I will be doing with Team in Training. I also ran the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon in 2000. I am representing the Central California Chapter of Team in Training. Our motto is "saving lives, one mile at a time."

I am also a 5 year survivor of cancer. In 2004, I found out I had a rare cancer, Merkel Cell Carcinoma, in my right thigh. I am extremely lucky to be alive, since the cancer spread into the lymph nodes in my right groin. To beat my cancer, I had to have surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation.Two years later, I spent another 8 days in the Kasier Permanente Hospital in Baldwin Park. A infection found it's its way around my right hipbone. I needed surgery again, to remove the infection. The great doctors there weren't positive, but they think the radiation given to me prior caused the infection. The second surgery, and pain was worse than the original! I have about 18 inches of scars on my right leg from both surgeries as proof!

Having had cancer, I personally know what the people who contract leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma, will have to go through. Let's help these kids and adults avoid some of this pain, by helping to find cures now, by donating whatever you can, even $1!

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/cca/rnr09/fbonilla

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

I also hope to be an inspiration to all Team in Training participants who are attempting to complete the marathon, or walk, for the first time. My wife, Letty Bonilla, will also walking the marathon for Team in Training. Please help us both support Team in Training.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support. I greatly appreciate your generosity.

P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again.

AS AN INCENTIVE FOR NP MEMBERS, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DRAWING FOR ALL MEMBERS WHO DONATE AT LEAST $1. I WILL PERSONALLY PAY $300 TO THE WINNER!
Here are the rules:

As stated above, my wife Letty and I are both participating, so we need to raise a minimum of $5,600. If I can raise a minimum of $3,000 here at NP, I will give $300 to a winner by drawing.
We have to raise this amount by no later than March 24th, 2009.
If I don't raise this amount, I am not obligated to award the $300.
I would even be willing to accept $1 in NP bucks (number to be determined)
The contest will end on March 24th, even if enough funds are raised before.

I will also gladly accept any type of donation by fellow Np members. These donations could also go to the winner, or maybe a second, or third prize!

There are currently 138,165 members in Namepros. If only 5% of NP members donate $1, you can help me achieve this goal. Of course, any donation over $1 would be extremely appreciated!
I am sure many of you know a relative, child, or friend who has Leukemia, or Lymphoma. Help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society find cures to help them.
By the way, it will not be easy for me to finish my goal of completing this marathon. I have about 18 inches of scars on my right leg, from 2 surgeries for the cancer. My right leg swells up every single day. I have to wear a full length compression stocking on my leg. There is no medicine, surgery, or cure for the swelling (Lymphodema). It is something I have to deal with the rest of my life. I am hoping to inspire other first time Team in Training members who are attemping a marathon for the first time. It doesn't matter if it is a marathon, walk, bike ride, or hike. If I can do it, they can do it!

Come on NP members, win $300, and donate to a great cause! If you donate on my website, please post your name in this thread. You don't have to post the amount donated, unless you want to.

For those members who want to enter, and use Namebucks, let's say 50 NP will get you in!
Thank you very very much.

Last year's Team in Training video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C93dtMl27rQ

Frank/ Abstracts.tv
Letty (my wife)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've donated to Team in Training few times in the past(My friend from another forum is also a member, her name is Kristin Tarase), I think you guys doing a great job, keep it up!
My grandma lost her youngest sister to the Colorectal Cancer last week, after a long fight(way longer than anyone would even think possible with such kind of cancer), she was truly a fighter and a great person, a great loss to our family.
I'm donating in her name(Dora Hvatinski).

•••
Thanks

Thanks once again:

Adda4u, and -tv-

Donation: >>>>>>>>>> verybored me .
Frank

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> wussadotcome
The TNT webpage is slow, don't know why.

I would like to thank all the members who have donated so far, some more than once. These cancers do strike at home, or close to home. Even here at NP, you can see how close it has gotten. On our team in Fresno just last week, one of our members informed us her boyfriend of 23 years just died last week. That was so close to all of us.

Thanks

Frank

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks

Donation: >>>>>>>>>> Hive

Thanks

Frank

-TV- said:
a bump with 323.50 np$ donation

Thnaks again, -tv- !!
Frank

I have a feeling this is gonna be a good day!

Frank

•••
Donated 100NP$

Enjoy the run and good luck mate!
sean

Sent another 55NP$ ... all I had left :)

enjoy!

Last edited:
•••
Thanks

SeanPreston said:
Donated 100NP$

sean

enjoy!
Donation:>>>>>>>>>> Sean Preston

Also, 1000 NP from me, I am a member too! ( I am not in the drawing) Purchased from adda4u! YOu guys are giving me the strength to go run today's 5 miles later! NP members are great! :kickass:

<<<<<<The NP's are growing!

Frank

Last edited:
•••
SeanPreston said:
Donated 100NP$

sean

enjoy!
Thanks a lot ...

•••
Thanks

adda4u said:
Thanks a lot ...

Thank you Adda4u for rounding up support! :great:

Frank

•••
•••
Thanks

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> etittle52
Thank You

By the way, you will notice the cancer ribbons to the left, and below. The pink one is for breast cancer. My dad, is also a cancer survivor, of male breast cancer. It doesn't only happen to women.

Thanks
Frank

Last edited:
•••
100 NP$ donated. Good luck mate. My mother had ovarian cancer and is still fighting it and I hope everything will work out well, cause it's really hard to see more and more people suffer from this.

•••
Thanks

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> FusionSpy

Thank You

Frank

•••
I donated 100 np which I hope is over at least a $1 (if sold back at the .012 rate, you can try for more via the user sales) if I did my math right. I may be able to donate more before the 24th. Good luck reaching your amount!

I helped do this a while ago for a breast cancer run/walk here in Los Angeles. We just made the limit a few days before the deadline. I think it was about $2500-$3000 as well. It's possible :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> rebelagent (your ok with the Np's)

Thanks

Frank

•••
donated 100 NP$

Great work!!! best of luck.. keep it up!!

•••
donated 685 np$...............U r doing a great thing!!

-Aaron

•••
Thanks

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> CoolCode

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> Camille7 7

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> lincolndsp
Thanks

Frank

•••
Thanks

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> amenzl

Thank You

Frank

•••
Thanks

Thank you adda4u for your endless help!

PS: We ran 5 miles this morning! :blink:

Frank

•••
Hi Frank, is there a way to use Paypal? - Bob

•••
Hi!

blitz said:
Hi Frank, is there a way to use Paypal? - Bob

There is a Paypal.com to use for Team in Training, but it won't give me credit, as far as I know. You can donate to my Paypal , which is [email protected] . I will then donate the same amount online, using my credit card. That way I can enter your name, and give your credit, you will get an email back from Team in Training. Let me know if this will work, or PM me if you have any other questions.
Thanks

PS: I survived the 5 miles today, it wasn't bad. Of course, I just run slow and easy anymore! Next weekend, we do an actual 1Ok race.

Frank

•••
Frank, PM sent... Good Luck! - Bob

•••
Thanks

Donation:>>>>>>>>>> Blitz

Thank You

Frank

•••
$300 Cash

Come one Np members, doesn't anyone want to win $300 USD cash? It's only $1 to enter! Things are going slow here. I've got a longs ways to go! thanks to adda4u for all your help!

$1 = $300!!! :bingo:

Thanks
Frank

•••
Abstracts.tv said:
Come one Np members, doesn't anyone want to win $300 USD cash? It's only $1 to enter! Things are going slow here. I've got a longs ways to go! thanks to adda4u for all your help!

$1 = $300!!! :bingo:

Thanks
Frank
How much is left? I see your meter on your site but I'm not sure how much NP you've gotten which would lessen what the meter has left.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back