Dynadot

[Resolved] Donate $1 to Team in Training , win $300!!! (USD) (NP members only)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
Donate $1 to Team in Training , win $300!!! (USD) (NP members only)

For NP members only:

Racing to Save Lives

Welcome to my Team In Training home page.

Hello,

My name is Frank Bonilla, age 56, from Fresno, California. Of course, you me as Frank , or Abstracts.tv.

I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign.

This is second marathon I will be doing with Team in Training. I also ran the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon in 2000. I am representing the Central California Chapter of Team in Training. Our motto is "saving lives, one mile at a time."

I am also a 5 year survivor of cancer. In 2004, I found out I had a rare cancer, Merkel Cell Carcinoma, in my right thigh. I am extremely lucky to be alive, since the cancer spread into the lymph nodes in my right groin. To beat my cancer, I had to have surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation.Two years later, I spent another 8 days in the Kasier Permanente Hospital in Baldwin Park. A infection found it's its way around my right hipbone. I needed surgery again, to remove the infection. The great doctors there weren't positive, but they think the radiation given to me prior caused the infection. The second surgery, and pain was worse than the original! I have about 18 inches of scars on my right leg from both surgeries as proof!

Having had cancer, I personally know what the people who contract leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma, will have to go through. Let's help these kids and adults avoid some of this pain, by helping to find cures now, by donating whatever you can, even $1!

Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress. You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/cca/rnr09/fbonilla

Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

I also hope to be an inspiration to all Team in Training participants who are attempting to complete the marathon, or walk, for the first time. My wife, Letty Bonilla, will also walking the marathon for Team in Training. Please help us both support Team in Training.

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support. I greatly appreciate your generosity.

P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again.

AS AN INCENTIVE FOR NP MEMBERS, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DRAWING FOR ALL MEMBERS WHO DONATE AT LEAST $1. I WILL PERSONALLY PAY $300 TO THE WINNER!
Here are the rules:

As stated above, my wife Letty and I are both participating, so we need to raise a minimum of $5,600. If I can raise a minimum of $3,000 here at NP, I will give $300 to a winner by drawing.
We have to raise this amount by no later than March 24th, 2009.
If I don't raise this amount, I am not obligated to award the $300.
I would even be willing to accept $1 in NP bucks (number to be determined)
The contest will end on March 24th, even if enough funds are raised before.

I will also gladly accept any type of donation by fellow Np members. These donations could also go to the winner, or maybe a second, or third prize!

There are currently 138,165 members in Namepros. If only 5% of NP members donate $1, you can help me achieve this goal. Of course, any donation over $1 would be extremely appreciated!
I am sure many of you know a relative, child, or friend who has Leukemia, or Lymphoma. Help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society find cures to help them.
By the way, it will not be easy for me to finish my goal of completing this marathon. I have about 18 inches of scars on my right leg, from 2 surgeries for the cancer. My right leg swells up every single day. I have to wear a full length compression stocking on my leg. There is no medicine, surgery, or cure for the swelling (Lymphodema). It is something I have to deal with the rest of my life. I am hoping to inspire other first time Team in Training members who are attemping a marathon for the first time. It doesn't matter if it is a marathon, walk, bike ride, or hike. If I can do it, they can do it!

Come on NP members, win $300, and donate to a great cause! If you donate on my website, please post your name in this thread. You don't have to post the amount donated, unless you want to.

For those members who want to enter, and use Namebucks, let's say 50 NP will get you in!
Thank you very very much.

Last year's Team in Training video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C93dtMl27rQ

Frank/ Abstracts.tv
Letty (my wife)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Frank...

lets together Join hands and make it ...

I think Rj need to check this thread

-Sri

•••
Thanks

Donation >>>>>>>>>> Don

Thank You

and thanks Adda4u again!

Frank

Last edited:
•••
Keep fighting the good fight Frank...

:tu:

•••
Don said:
Keep fighting the good fight Frank...

:tu:

Thanks
We ran the Sanger Blossom Trail 10K this wekend. At age 56, and with one sore heel, and my other "cancer" leg, I was happy with my 1 hour , and 5 minutes! Well above my PR of 44 min 19 sec ( over 20 years ago!) , but I was just happy to finish, since it has been 9 years since I last ran.

One of our girls, Lynze, took a tumble, scraped and bloodied both hands, and knees. She got up, and still finished the race! She could have easily quit after that, many people would.

Another one of our girls, Shelly, was the last person to finish the race. Again, a great reason to just quit, since she was last. Nope, she came in slow and steady, and determined!
My wife, Letty, also walked, and completed her first ever 10K, after being sick, and missing practices during the week.

These 3 women are what Team in Training is all about! Thanks again to each, and every person who has donated, no matter how small a donation.
Frank ____________________________________ VVVVVVVVVV___________

Last edited:
•••
Thanks

Donation: >>>>>>>>>> wussadotcom

Thank You

Frank

•••
Please Donate a small Amount of money

Which helps some other people to live there Life ...

For a Good Cause

-Sri

•••
Thanks

Donation: >>>>>>>>>> dman_2007

Thank You

Also, thanks to Addu4 again, for all your help! Right when I think it's over, I get more donations! Thanks NP members!

Frank

•••
dman_2007

Keep it up ...

Thanks for Donating ...

-Sri

•••
How far have you gotten now? :-D

•••
Thanks

rebelagent said:
How far have you gotten now? :-D

I will have to add up to get an exact amount, but no where near. Probably about $200-$250 from NP members! Can't give up ! I will get an exact amount as soon as I can, probably tomorrow. It can still be done, if only lots more members would donate only........ $1 USD .

Thanks

Frank

•••
Frank I am trying my best

Hope u will reach the goal soon

Thanks
Sri

•••
Abstracts.tv said:
I will have to add up to get an exact amount, but no where near. Probably about $200-$250 from NP members! Can't give up ! I will get an exact amount as soon as I can, probably tomorrow. It can still be done, if only lots more members would donate only........ $1 USD .

Thanks

Frank

I've had a word with a few members, and (hopefully) they should be donating sometime soon :).

Don't worry, and keep at it mate - you are gonna get there. :)

Cheers!

•••
Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!

Arjun said:
I've had a word with a few members, and (hopefully) they should be donating sometime soon :).

Don't worry, and keep at it mate - you are gonna get there. :)

Cheers!

Thanks Arjun, and adda4u, you guys are great!! I know NP members will come through. I know this has changed me. I have been to Lowe's twice in the past week. The cashier asked if I wanted to donate a $1 for their fundraising ( I even forgot for what!) . Normally, I would auomatically say no. These 2 times, though, I said sure, why not. If $2 will break me, then I am in big trouble.
The same goes here, I will do my best to not ignore others, and do the same. I am not saying everyone can afford even $1, because not everyone is in the USA, and a $1 can be alot of money elsewhere in the world. Even in the USA right now, $1 is a lot of money to some people. If you just lost your home, you can't give $1 to anyone, I'm sure.
So, thanks to everyone who has given, and please donate if you can. Even if it is just 1 NP, your donation will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Frank :) :) :)

•••
Thanks

Donation >>>>>>>>>> -Adam-

Thank You

Frank

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back