IT.COM

Review of DEEZ007 399 web deal (avoid)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mystic Nobles Media

Established Member
Impact
Paid for a website design with a guaranteed 10 day turnaround (not business days) which has since been edited out after my complaints started. Here is the conversations as they happened.
Prior to this we had discussed the websites to e designed starting with when payment was sent

Dec 29th "payment sent for 1st lets start with the mining one"

Dec 3rd asked about colors advised no preference

December 10th asked where project stood

December 10th response "Hi There

We still getting the drafts ready for you to take a look at..... Was hoping to underpromise and over deliver wit a little surprise for you but because it's taking longer than expected, I might as well let the cat out the bag. :)

I have my guys working on both of your sites at once.... I was hoping to surprise you with drafts of both sites today or tomorrow but it's taking a little longer than expected...I wil have the drafts out to you this week for sure."

December 13th ask again where development is

Dec 13th response "
Hey Bud

Hope you are well

Please excuse my tardiness, it's been a bit of a nightmare the past 2 days. Have been experiencing power interruptions. Seems to be mainly affecting my building as well as about 3 other buildings in the vicinity.

They expected to have it resolved yesterday but they still have not sorted it out. I can not have another day of downtime so I'm heading out to stay at a friends place and will work from there until power is fully restored in my building.

I know this is not your problem and I do sincerely apologize for the hold up, this is not at all how I normally work. Please bare with me a little longer while I get everything sorted out, I know you are eager to get things sorted so to make up for the delays, I will be doing both your sites at no additional charge. So basically you will get both sites for $299 and you wont have to pay anything more, hope this helps...

I will be playing "catch up" over the next few days so will likely work over the weekend as well to get back on track.

Regards,

Daryl"

Dec 18th again ask for a followup
Dec 19th response "
Hi There

I know this is gone on way longer than it should have and I'm really sorry about these delays. It's been a bit of a battle with the drama from last week as well as it being close to year end. We try to complete our projects in about 10 workings days. Your project is now sitting at around 14 workings days, I assure you this is not at all how we normally work and both your projects should have been completed by now. Should we not complete both by this week then you will be getting a full refund and we will complete both projects for free, at zero cost to you.

I know these delays are frustrating but I also know that it's simply not your problem, the onus is on us to ensure we deliver on our commitments, irrespective of whatever the holdups/cicumstances that may have occured.

I hope that my gesture above gives you some peace of mind knowing that we are committed to getting things sorted out.

Regards,
Daryl"

His message to me unprompted on Dec 22nd (
Hi There

Hope you are well.

I have had my guys working flat out to finish as much work as possible before the holidays, whilst we hoped to have your projects completed unfortunatley, we are not going to be able to finish in time. As promised, I will be issuing a full refund and we will be completing both your projects for free, at no cost to you at all. I am sincerely sorry about the hold up and I hope that my offer to complete the work for free makes up for the time delays you have experienced.

Once again, I appologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Daryl"

Message to him Dec 28th "
I am kind of at a crossroads here. I took out an ad in a mining magazine based off of your 10 day delivery date. We are at 30 days now from when payment was sent with numerous promises of this week. Once this magazine hits the mailboxes and online and I have no website the domain will be killed (an ad with no product will make people not come back) and I will have lost that money.

I have filed a dispute with paypal this morning. If the website is not delivered by the 31st in full working order including the shopping cart and instructons to add and remove products I will be forced to leave a negative review in your thread along with all the messages promising a couple days for the last 20

thanks"

Dec 28th response from seller "
Hi

I'm not sure why you filed a dispute with Paypal even after me clearly stating that I will be providing a refund, I send you a message stating this on the 22nd December. You didn't reply to me until yesterday (28th December) and filed a dispute?

Please keep in mind that I have always stressed that we aim for 10 working days, when were on 14 working days I indicated to you that we are having delays and knowing it was a short month due the year end holidays I told you that should we not complete your project during that week then you will be refunded AND you will still get both sites for free. Whilst most people would have simply provided a refund, I still offered to complete both sites for free. That's $600 of work at no cost to you to make up for the delay. My guys are currently on holiday since the 22nd , which was why I sent you the email on the 22nd after seeing we were not going to finish in time. They will only return to work on the 3rd of January and will commence work then.

On the 19th of December I had made you aware that if we were unable to complete the work before we closed for the holidays then you will be getting a refund and all the work completed for free. I didn't make any promises that it would be completed that week because I know we were still trying to catch up.

There are other clients who have been affected by these delays and even one here on NP. I also made him the same offer to provide a full refund and still complete his project, He was more than understanding and very appreciative of the offer but opted to just get a refund. I insisted on still giving him a free "credit" for web site development for any other projects he may have coming up.

Your refund will be processed at the end of the month, along with the other NP members refund.

Send me details of the mining magazine you advertised with and I will see if I can assist with some sort of reimbursment for that.

My offer still stands with regards to a full refund and us completing the work for free. Obviously should you choose to turn down the offer and write a negative review instead then this is your choice. Should you decide to go that route then I will obviously still provide a refund but I will not be able to complete your sites.

Regards,
Daryl"

"My response I am not really sure how you get 14 working days unless you are on island time. I paid you on the 29th of November today is December 30th. I gave you a deadline if it is not met I will leave the review along with all these no promise messages. I filed the dispute because you had not issued the refund as promised. Very simple"

his response Dec 31st"I'm not sure you are unable to differentiate between days and working days. Working days = Business days... it's pretty much a standard that there are 5 working days in a week, Monday-Friday... weekends and public holidays do not count as business days. As stated in my previous message, I communicated back to you on the 14th working day that we had delays and I told you what I was going to do about the delays.

I clearly stated that I will provide a refund. You didn't respond to me so I waited until you replied to see what your response to my offer was. Standard procedure would have been to reply.... instead you simply waited 7 days then lodge a dispute with Paypal and then replied to me here on PM. The only promise that was made to you was that refunds will be issued at the end of the month, very simple. I will be following the dispute process with Paypal and will confirm with them that they can release the funds back to you.

None the less, the offer I made to you was more than generous. I'm sure once I reiterate this on the thread in response to your review most members will have the sense to agree that my offer to you was extremely generous. This is why my other customers were more than happy with my deal."

so in closing I would be very very leary because deadlines been missed over and over with excuse after excuse refunds promised and not delivered with nothing 31 days later from his 10 days guaranteed

My advice stay away

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
still no refund which was promised on December 21st. I would avoid at all costs

•••
Okay Folks So Lets Review The Actual FACTS - The OP has conveniently painted a rather distorted, one sided view.

Lets start with the fact that out of 5 trades the OP already has 1 negative trade review (he would have had 2 but my negative review was removed as it is against NP rules to post a retaliatory review) none the less he still has a negative review from another member.

I have been here since 2010, have 42 trades and have excellent trade reviews. The only negative review I have now is from the OP - who has also lied in his review comments that I REFUSED a refund. The OP has also been here since 2010 but as you can tell from his post count compared to mine he hasn't really felt the need to contribute to the community much. Whilst all of this may seem irrelevant to this thread, I think it does have some validity when we consider the credibility of the person making the accusations.

Now, lets look at the facts of this particular case.

I fully accept that I was out of the time frame that I should have completed the project on. The time-frame of 10 WORKING days was never a guarantee it was merely a guideline. The Op also seems to have difficulty understanding the difference between working days/ business days and normal days. In actual fact I was on 14 working days (4 days over the 10 day guideline) when I alerted him that we are having issues with completing the project before the holidays. Keep in mind this was in December and it's generally a short month because of the holidays. No excuse as I should have still delivered before we closed for the holidays but unfortunately sometimes delays happen and they can not be avoided. I accepted responsibility for being out of that time frame. I offered the OP a full refund and I agreed to complete the site for FREE. Plus he also had another site he wanted developed, I offered to complete BOTH sites for free to make up for the delays. So basically a full refund and 2 websites for free. This I alone was a generous offer on my part. However, over and above that:

The OP claimed that he had already invested money on buying advertising space on a magazine for the website. - I asked him to provide details of this advert so that I could see if I could reimburse him for that - Did I get these details? Nope, so this was likely a lie.

Now, when I offered him a full refund as well as offered him to complete both websites at no cost. It was on the 22nd December, he didnt bother replying so I assumed he must have been on holiday or something. He only replied 7 days later, saying that he has filed a Paypal dispute and then wrote a negative review here on NP saying: "terrible 31 days into his 10 days guaranteed delivery still nothing and refusing a refund as promised complaint filed with paypal" Which is obviously a blatant lie.

Now if you think thats was ridiculous....hold on to your seats, it gets better :)

So Paypal's dispute process begins..I notice that I was unable to click on the refund button bcos it was unclickable...that was odd so I phoned Paypal.

They asked me a few questions about the actual "product" and if I have a tracking number.... I then explained to them that it was a website design purchase and not a physical product. They then explained to me that this transaction shows signs of a common tactic used by scammers who order services but on the transaction info they add a delivery address. When the service is completed they lodge a dispute and claim the product was not received, most of the time they get caught out but sometimes when they dealing with a high volume service provider the service provider just refunds them without bothering to contest the dispute. I explained to them that it's okay I have already agreed to give the buyer a refund as I have passed the time frame that I was supposed to have completed the project. They explained to me that even on his reason for the dispute he was being dishonest and deliberately deceiving by saying "Item not received"

During this time the OP started this thread, I then decided not to give him a full run down of what I had learned from Paypal and instead waited to post the details on this thread when the time was right. I simply explained to him that there was a delay but Paypal was sorting it out.He accused me of lying saying that he phoned Paypal and they told him that I have not contacted them and there was no delay and I just needed to refund him. Assuming he was telling the truth (I should have known better) I phoned Paypal again and let them have it, I asked them why they had lied to the buyer telling him that I had not been in contact with them. Low and behold, Paypal has ZERO communication with the buyer at all. He never emailed them or phoned them. I asked the OP to please post in the Paypal dispute area saying what Paypal had apparently told him. Off course he didn't bother doing that...So basically he lied to me and Eric that he had contacted Paypal.

None the less I still asked them to please release funds back to him and even posted a message on the dispute area to refund the buyer, this was visible to him as well.I had called them several times to follow up... the last call to them was when they made arrangements for him to escalate the dispute and they would then have the refund processed within 24hours. He refused to escalate the matter, I then communicated this back to Paypal. They then said okay then he will have to wait for the 14th January when the dispute time frame expires and gets resolved. I communicated this back to the buyer...then on the 14th January on the day the dispute was supposed to get resolved...he escalates the dispute. Delaying the process even further.. I asked him why he had done that... this was his response:

"Your sn idiot i had to escslate or paypal said they would assume the mater was resolved.

Every thread you post i will be there to make sure people see this whoke meddsge exchange"

To which I responded:

"EXACTLY!!! - Paypal said they would assume the matter was resolved! If in the dispute comments I instructed Paypal TWICE to refund you. What do you think the matter being RESOLVED would have meant?"

Apart from being called an idiot, throughout my interaction with the OP I was also called a liar, scammer, dumb@ss, and accused of being full of sh*t

So to summarize:

The Paypal dispute process was finalized today and his refund has been processed, hence me addressing this thread only now.

My wrong doing was not sticking to a time frame that i provided even though it was a guideline and not a guarantee as the OP claims - to make up for this I offered to refund him plus complete the project for free plus an additional project for free plus offered to reimburse him for the apparent magazine advertisement that he had apparently taken out

The OP is unable to differentiate between business days and non business days, lied about me refusing to refund him, lied about contacting Paypal, lied about taking out a magazine advert, lied to Paypal about the nature of the purchase, resorted to name calling continuously, already has a negative trade review from @leewiggins63

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back