Domain Empire

Running a Webhost

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
Anyone here that run a webhosting company ?
IF you do, what skills did you have when you started it, how much money, how many custumers do you have and on...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most are overselling, which is a very bad thing to do because of by chance someone uses all their bandwidth, you're screwed.

•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
not sure but i dont think thats good. most "unlimited" bandwidth hosts are very very bad.

what makes you say that? When i set up a service (server) for an ISP i enable QoS so that every connection (visitor) gets an equal nut in the game.

Last edited:
•••
No clue what you are saying but I know I am not the only one that agrees that unlimited bandwidth hosts are bad. I have experience with 3 all are slow. Bad support and just all around bad. The bandwidth does not make up for their bad service.

Tell me one host that is good that has unlimited bandwidth.

•••
No clue what you are saying but I know I am not the only one that agrees that unlimited bandwidth hosts are bad. I have experience with 3 all are slow. Bad support and just all around bad. The bandwidth does not make up for their bad service.

html.com and my servers offer unlimited and unmetered thruput and bandwidth.

•••
html.com does have a limitation but they sort of oversell so if it balances out then they dont say anything.

Servers I can see unlimited but most that offer unlimited for shared makes it slow and messed up.

Not saying all just MOST from my experience

•••
html.com does have a limitation but they sort of oversell so if it balances out then they dont say anything.

Servers I can see unlimited but most that offer unlimited for shared makes it slow and messed up.

Not saying all just MOST from my experience

http://html.com/faq-general.html#nq13

•••
on another page it states there is but that noone passes it so it is disregarded, so it is unlimited but if it gets bad they will start limits.

•••
on another page it states there is but that noone passes it so it is disregarded, so it is unlimited but if it gets bad they will start limits.

I missed that, could you give me the hyperlink to that page? The page that says that they will start enforcing limits.

•••
not sure but i dont think thats good. most "unlimited" bandwidth hosts are very very bad.

Any provider who claims to offer "unlimited bandwidth" either has no concern for the performance of their network and servers, or is being dishonest to their customers about how much transfer they can actually use per month.

As for overselling, most hosting commpanies oversell their bandwidth. Why? because less than one percent (1%) of clients actually use their alotted bandwidth. We currently have 10 boxes and bandwidth has never been an issue

•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
Any provider who claims to offer "unlimited bandwidth" either has no concern for the performance of their network and servers, or is being dishonest to their customers about how much transfer they can actually use per month.

As for overselling, most hosting commpanies oversell their bandwidth. Why? because less than one percent (1%) of clients actually use their alotted bandwidth. We currently have 10 boxes and bandwidth has never been an issue

exactly and exactly what html.com does

•••

True. I'd go for an unmetered bandwidth host, like phpwebhosting.com.

•••
:notme:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back