Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

webhostware

Established Member
Impact
I want to share my horrible experience with sav.com My clients domain name was
homagebd(dot) com which was in my account. Expires On:
2023-08-18 That was the date of expire.

on 24 July i saw i had charged auto renewal for that domain. I was not sure my client will renew that domain or not. So i asked refund. I was never knew that they will delete that domain from registry. I got my refund .I requested refund for 2 domains which was renewed auto at the same time. But they did not refund for 2 domains.
today my client call me and said that his website is down. I was shocked and saw that domain was in redemption period.
https://www.whois.com/whois/homagebd .com
But again
Expires On:
2023-08-18 That was the date of expire.
My question was i just asked for renewal refund why they delete that domain before it expire and asking for restore fee 80 USD. was that right to me?
I had contacted on live chat they said they will restore my only when i will pay 80 USD.
If anyone is here from Sav.com please explain why my domain was deleted when i just asked to cancel the auto rewal and refund me.
before the domain expire why domain was in redemption.
@Sav.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If anyone is here from Sav.com please explain why my domain was deleted when i just asked to cancel the auto rewal and refund me.
Rep accounts on here are @Sav.com and @Nick R
I'm not sure how active they are these days.

•••
@webhostware ,
I hate to say it but there is no-one here from SAV so it's highly unlikely you'll find any answers.

•••
My opinion only.

Perhaps this is a lesson for you NOT to have clients' domains under YOUR control in YOUR account.

They belong to the clients. Too many stories of web designers holding clients to ransom over domain names. Let them worry about renewing or not renewing or failing to renew. Do the right thing and let them take control of their own assets.

I have bought domains for people before and would never think of controlling them myself.

But yeah... you asked for a refund (ie: domain not wanted to be renewed) so I'm not surprised there is trouble now with the domain. Maybe next time talk the the real domain owner first before making such a decision, if you want to keep it under your control. And always check the domain renewal policy at your registrar and confirm how long before expiry they do auto-renewals.

•••
I renewed some domains at Namesilo and they took the payment out of my account balance instead of charging it to my cash back credit card which caused me to miss out on my cash back rewards. I checked my transactions in my account and read that they can refund renewal fees within 3 days of payment, BUT the only way they can give a refund is if they permanently delete the domains from the Registry. So that same verbiage was probably in your Sav account.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back