Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It works for me. Network glitch?

•••
It works for me. Network glitch?
1695334918189.png

•••
•••
How turn off

Domains Pending Fast Transfer Authorization on Sav?​

Thanks

1695467646441.png

•••
This is some ghost alert triggered by the domain's addition, somehow, on Afternic. In the past, I've contacted Sav support and they remove this within a day or two.

•••
Thanks, yep it may work
just wrote them
1695485314950.png

•••
sure..make 838488484 people write support ...fix bug one person at a time... why not fix root of bug for all so it stops forever. igot 0 dn on afternic and get coouple those emails per day...about 2 names. fix your god damn bugs u incompetents.

•••
sure..make 838488484 people write support ...fix bug one person at a time... why not fix root of bug for all so it stops forever. igot 0 dn on afternic and get coouple those emails per day...about 2 names. fix your god damn bugs u incompetents.
I've talked to Afternic and this is not an issue with Sav per se. It might be related to the Dan/Afternic integration.

•••
I've talked to Afternic and this is not an issue with Sav per se. It might be related to the Dan/Afternic integration.

takes real company to admit they have bug. I guess dan afternic integration means its neither fault... there problem fixed its nobody fault.

•••
Yes it's about Sedo/Afternic, but comes from sav.com
Today I got one more, it comes everyday from SAV support/spam :xf.wink: email.
1695557247225.png

p.s. For now waiting for fixing

Last edited:
•••
Yes it's about Sedo/Afternic, but comes from sav.com
Today I got one more, it comes everyday from SAV support/spam :xf.wink: email.
Show attachment 246554

p.s. For now waiting for fixing
I had similar issue, this is because I have dropcatch/hand reg someone else domains, they were listed for sale at Afternic, the owner probably forgot to renew or lost interest and did not remove the Afternic listing, then we registered them and it sold later on Afternic, now Afternic tries to transfer the domain to fulfill the sale, if you approve it, goodbye domain and money!
I told SAV support many times to add Cancel button in backend for this, but I see they did not add it, maybe on purpose, who knows.

•••
All good now, support solved it.
Thanks all:xf.smile:

•••
well i got one sav change password email from sav before that wasn't from me... maybe sav bug or maybe some hackers are just stupid. but today is a new thing... another password change email from sav and then one minute later one from dan..
I wonder what's next.

•••
Best way to cashout from Sav if I'm not US/EU citizen?
Cashout with the lowest fee, no SWIFT or so

p.s. I have US bank account by Payoneer for ACH, but not sure will it fit?

Thanks

•••
I have been using Sav for a while, I have a few domains there. No complaints so far, it just works, the prices are very cheap, ideal for domain investors.

However I have one concern, on the marketplace tab, under the "Afternic & Sedo Authorization" section I read this:

Note: Two-Factor Authentication will block Afternic/Sedo from being able to transfer domains away from Sav so please do not enable 2FA if you are using Fast Transfer.

But I want to use Afternic Fast Transfer and 2FA at the same time.
The two-factor authentication is a must-have security feature, I don't want to disable it.
Is it really a problem? If so, I think Sav should fix this issue.
Have you ever sold a Sav-registered domain through Afternic Fast Transfer? What happened?

•••
I have registered a brand new .xyz domain name on Sav (hand registration), now there is a 60-day lock on this newly registered .xyz domain name. This is news to me, Sav says that now I cannot transfer away this domain and I cannot even push the domain to another Sav user. Meaning that now I cannot list this domain for sale in the next 60 days, since I cannot transfer or push the domain to the buyer should I sell it in the next 60 days. Sav says it is because of the XYZ registry, they can't do anything about it.

But I wanted to list this domain for sale. Now I have lost 60 days. Should I really wait for 60 days before listing this .xyz domain for sale?

•••
But I wanted to list this domain for sale. Now I have lost 60 days. Should I really wait for 60 days before listing this .xyz domain for sale?
No problem. Feel free to put the domain up for sale now. It is unlikely that it will be bought within 60 days. Although there were many cases of such sales at SH. If the client is interested in your domain very much, he will be ready to wait 60 days.

Last edited:
•••
since I cannot transfer or push the domain to the buyer should I sell it in the next 60 days. Sav says it is because of the XYZ registry, they can't do anything about it.
It's normal to not be able to move-out a domain that has been registered less than 60-days ago. However, I've never heard of someone not being able to push a .com or .xyz to another account. @Sav.com Is his domain really locked from even a simple push?

•••
It's normal to not be able to move-out a domain that has been registered less than 60-days ago. However, I've never heard of someone not being able to push a .com or .xyz to another account. @Sav.com Is his domain really locked from even a simple push?
Yes I know about this 60-day lock in case of new registrations, however I thought that I can at least push the domain to another Sav user within the Sav.com website. The support chat told me that even the push is disabled in the first 60 days because it is an xyz domain.

And it is confusing because I read this support article: https://help.sav.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Sav-Account-While-a-Transfer-Lock-is-Active

You can still perform a change of account while a transfer lock is in place. Transfer locks only apply to transferring domains from one registrar to another.
It doesn't mention "except in the case of .xyz domains". Then Sav should update this linked help article and clarify that some TLDs have special restrictions in the first 60 days.

Last edited:
•••
If the client is interested in your domain very much, he will be ready to wait 60 days.
Not possible unfortunately. When you sell the domain (I want to use a buy-it-now price, BIN) you must initiate the transfer or push in 1-2 days max. You definitely cannot wait up to 60 days.

Last edited:
•••
Not possible unfortunately. When you sell the domain (I want to use a buy-it-now price, BIN) you must initiate the transfer or push in 1-2 days max. You definitely cannot wait up to 60 days.
This is possible at Squadhelp marketplace. The client gives money to SH, that is guarantor of the transaction and will complete domain transfer in 60 days. I know about such cases personally, but they concerned the com zone. You need to turn to the blue button and ask how you can do better for XYZ domains sales.

Last edited:
•••
I have been using Sav for a while, I have a few domains there. No complaints so far, it just works
I mentioned 2 days ago that Sav "just works", but now all of a sudden I'm experiencing a few bugs, lol.

All of a sudden all of my second nameservers for all domains in my account have been changed to the "0" value without my permission. I had to perform a bulk nameserver update, now it's OK. But it's strange that Sav deletes the 2nd nameservers all of a sudden, I would say it is a critical bug.

It is currently not possible to turn off the auto-renewal of some domains, I will try it later.

I hand-registered a domain on Sav. Then I open the domain and I see that my newly-registered domain is available for sale on the Sav marketplace without my permission. It turns out that the previous owner of this domain had listed this domain for sale on the Sav marketplace, then the domain expired and dropped. And now when I registered it, Sav hasn't removed the old marketplace listing and now this domain is for sale. It is also a critical bug. When you register a new domain on Sav, make sure to check the domain page, whether it is for sale or not. And I don't have permission to remove the domain from the marketplace, since the previous owner had listed it for sale. To be fair, the support chat promptly responded to me even during the weekend and they are on it. However these kind of bugs should be fixed.

And my biggest issue is this 60-day transfer and push lock I mentioned above, the support article should warn the customers that for example newly-registered .xyz domains will have this 60-day lock and even the push is disabled in the first 60 days (or at least this is what the support chat told me).

But the Sav pricing is really good so I can't complain, however please try to fix these kind of bugs, thank you.

•••
This is possible at Squadhelp marketplace. The client gives money to SH, that is guarantor of the transaction and will complete domain transfer in 60 days. I know about such cases personally, but they concerned the com zone. You need to turn to the blue button and ask how you can do better for XYZ domains sales.
Yes it will be a Squadhelp premium domain. But what you described is not possible, it is against the SH terms of service. The SH terms says that "Once a domain has been purchased, you agree to transfer the domain promptly to Squadhelp's holding account in the same registrar, or by providing an Authorization Code (in case of a different registrar)". Up to 60 days is not "promptly". Also note: "Until the Domain Transfer is complete, the customers have the ability to cancel their purchase. In that case, the customer's payment will be refunded and you will not receive any compensation. The domain name will be re-listed for sale in the Marketplace. "

If someone is in a same situation (60-day transfer lock), I recommend the Namepros parking service. This is what I did, since this domain is under the 60-day transfer lock, I am using the Namepros parking landers (free!) for now. Then when I receive an inquiry, I can explain directly to the prospects that the domain name is for sale, however it is under the 60-day transfer lock. So they can buy it now and wait or buy it later then receive the domain immediately. Then I will change the landers to the SH landers about 50 days from now.

So this Namepros parking landers is a great service in this case. It is absolutely the simplest method free I found.

•••
I mentioned 2 days ago that Sav "just works", but now all of a sudden I'm experiencing a few bugs, lol.

All of a sudden all of my second nameservers for all domains in my account have been changed to the "0" value without my permission. I had to perform a bulk nameserver update, now it's OK. But it's strange that Sav deletes the 2nd nameservers all of a sudden, I would say it is a critical bug.

It is currently not possible to turn off the auto-renewal of some domains, I will try it later.

I hand-registered a domain on Sav. Then I open the domain and I see that my newly-registered domain is available for sale on the Sav marketplace without my permission. It turns out that the previous owner of this domain had listed this domain for sale on the Sav marketplace, then the domain expired and dropped. And now when I registered it, Sav hasn't removed the old marketplace listing and now this domain is for sale. It is also a critical bug. When you register a new domain on Sav, make sure to check the domain page, whether it is for sale or not. And I don't have permission to remove the domain from the marketplace, since the previous owner had listed it for sale. To be fair, the support chat promptly responded to me even during the weekend and they are on it. However these kind of bugs should be fixed.

And my biggest issue is this 60-day transfer and push lock I mentioned above, the support article should warn the customers that for example newly-registered .xyz domains will have this 60-day lock and even the push is disabled in the first 60 days (or at least this is what the support chat told me).

But the Sav pricing is really good so I can't complain, however please try to fix these kind of bugs, thank you.
Sav Support has finally solved my issues after 4 days.

I advice you to check the nameservers of your domains and check each domain one by one whether the domain is for sale on the Sav marketplace or not.

But it's not efficient for them to handle so many incoming support requests due to these bugs. Why not fix all these bugs then deal with less customer support requests?

•••
why the hell sav doesnt let people use sales balance or any balance to make sav purchases directly...renew .. auction...etc... its stupid

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back