Domain Empire

SEDO service disapointing

Spaceship
Watch
I know a $575 sale is nothing to jump up and down about but SEDO has really disappointed me in how they have handled this transaction. I've sent 6 unanswered email and I have received no assistance at all from Ara. The transaction shows as "successfully concluded" (?) That's funny ....I have no money in my account and no replies from Ara or SEDO. I guess this is how the only game in town acts because it can.
In the future I will try to avoid SEDO's sales team. In my opinion they are simply rued. Six email with out an answer is just disgusting.

Ara,
If you see this please answer my email and offer some sort of explanation. Or better yet.... give me my money for the domain sale. (accuratemeasure.com)

namenut

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Still no response from SEDO. They have transferred my domain name and listed the transaction a "succesfully concluded" yet they have not forwarded my money nor a simple email. Nice way to treat your customers. I'm sure they got the commision ($58) with out any problems.

Ara must be too busy to do her job. I know how time consuming it is to send an email. Perhaps she is just still on vacation.

SEDO service bites!

namenut

•••
What service?

'bout sums them up.

GoPC

•••
I agree, sedo sucks bigtime period. They never reply to emails and I say we "domainers" start a boycott on them. I am serious about this, screw sedo!!!!!!!!

•••
This is rediculous!!!! How many email do you have to send to this company before they will reply?

Ara, please work on the customer service skills. I hope more NPs members speak up. SEDO has absolutely no respect for "this" clients.

I've sent several email and I am in the middle of a sale and they wont return a simple email. SEDO should be called SEDOn't.

namenut

Last edited:
•••
Why not give them a call?
That's what i would do and have done to get a answer if i have any pertinent questions or issues that's needs to be resolved.

Check the signature of your emails you received from your transfer agent for a phone number, if you can't find it give me a PM.

•••
Nice to know I'm not the only one. I'm just a beginner but I parked one site - swiving - with Sedo and have sent them one e-mail to which I received no reply. Another site is with Namedrive who were much better -emails replied to within an hour or two, there parking pages are also more interesting, but they don't seem to sell domains, unless I haven't found that bit yet ! Is there a more reliable domain seller than Sedo?

I've just put a third site with 1stPlus to see what they are like.

•••
Thanks Damion,

I tried but was sent to VM. It was just after to X-mas so I should try again. Of course we all like sitting around on long distance toll calls (tel: +1-617-758-4268). Or not..... at this point I might say something I'll regret.

You do expect an internet company to answer it's email. Especially during the same week it's getting a commission form you. Althought that is an assumption because I HAVE NO IDEA OF THE STATUS OF MY SALE! So it would be nice of them to let me know if they got paid or not. Then I might be able to figure out if I'll get paid as well.

namenut

•••
Sedo is ridiculous. Best of luck Namenut, I feel for you. Keep us posted.

•••
If i would place a call to the States it costs me 3.7 € cents per minute, is your rate that much higher to keep you of making a call?
I understand your position that Sedo needs to be more responsive and be better organized when it comes to dealing with customer inquiries.

I also can't understand why the transfer agents (Some of them) don't respond in a timely fashion which is within 48 Hours. Any point beyond that is not acceptable and bad business practice.

•••
Just got off the phone with sedo and expressed our concern with zero email replys. They claim they get 300 emails a day and anwser them as received usually within 3 business days (LOL) I told them there are numerous threads complaining about their customer support and many of us do not get any replys to numerous emails. 3 business days? How about never? Received an apology and blah blah blah.

I'm off to register sedosucks.com :bingo: who wants to develop it with countless complaint threads? ;)

NameNut, time for a new avatar :p

•••
Would that be 300 emails directed at each individual transfer agent or at the regular email sedo address?

The amount of 300 emails should be handled easily in one day let alone 2 days.

It just needs some good organization.
There is some serious evaluation work to be done on how to improve email communications.

•••
I have just undergone a similar round of emails with my "rep".

After around 4 months of not getting one single email returned from him, I noticed that several of my domains were not resolving to MY account but were still showing Sedo pages/ads. In other words, nice FREE income for them.

So I contacted my rep. Nothing... contacted some more... still nothing.

Finally, I sent a nasty gram to both he and the general customer service outlining the numerous emails that have gone unacknowledged and also demanded a new rep.

I got an email back from him yesterday stating that he apologizes if , get this, I "feel that I never hear back from him". I feel? As if, he does... but it's just not enough to keep me happy? Yeah right!

Of course, that got my hackels up and I sent yet another nasty grams and copied in ALL OF the unresponded emails from him.

I got back another email much more apologetic email in which he explains...

"Sometimes the system errors and updating issues you have wind up correcting
themselves or get fixed and I forget to write back. Some of the issues you
experience occur in other accounts and I receive a wave of emails asking
what is wrong and I do not get back to everyone.

I will be more attentive I apologize."

Of course, that doesn't answer the list of emails I reset... ReSent... RESENT him.

Grrr.....

GoPC

•••
I sold a domain over Xmas at Sedo. Their communication was very slow and looked amateurish.

As soon as another company comes up with a winning format AND excellent service, they had better watch out!

•••
I'm waiting for Ara's (lack of) service to arrive any moment now. Transfer for TotalHD.com, sent on 1/17/07, still "pending reply" from Sedo on Fab's end. Meanwhile they're holding my money, thousands of dollars. Not only that, but I'm waiting for a transfer to come on WhatsMyRate.com, which also "just my luck" has Ara as the rep, and I have not received a transfer request yet after unlocking the name and giving the auth code now twice since 1/17/07. Sedo needs to spend some of that massive commish income they make and address their shoddy service.

•••
seems like sedo has some answering to do ...

i have the same problems, i.e. not getting any answer on your emails, but if you do, completely not related to the question asked. anyway, as long as they pay out the monthly clicks, i am happy at the moment.

•••
Likewise here. Sold LacrosseJournal a couple weeks ago. Domain has been transferred to buyer, and I'm awaiting payment. Simply sent email to Ara last week asking when funds will be released from Sedo's escrow and no response. I've usually had good service from Sedo. Kind of surprising that Ara has not gotten back to me :|

•••
I have received a phone call voice mail from SEDO. Explaining our status in the transaction (sale). I'm told it should just be a couple more days. I'm certainly glad to hear this but I couldn't but help noticing....I still have not gotten an email from them.

I've checked my account info and it's all good. I checked my email history with "them" and I know they have the right email address. So..... it just must be the process that takes so long. Coupled with the Holidays maybe..... things are just slow at SEDO .

However I'm still mystified at the lack of email correspondence in this matter

To be fare....
YiNG
namenut

•••
Sedosucks.com!!

HasRob said:
Just got off the phone with sedo and expressed our concern with zero email replys. They claim they get 300 emails a day and anwser them as received usually within 3 business days (LOL) I told them there are numerous threads complaining about their customer support and many of us do not get any replys to numerous emails. 3 business days? How about never? Received an apology and blah blah blah.

I'm off to register sedosucks.com :bingo: who wants to develop it with countless complaint threads? ;)

NameNut, time for a new avatar :p

Interestingly Sedosucks.com was already registered some time ago (March 2005), and is parked at Sedo. Even more interestingly the registrant is shown as Sedo.com!! A pre-emptive strike on Sedo's part I suspect.
CanBrit

•••
canbrit said:
Interestingly Sedosucks.com was already registered some time ago (March 2005), and is parked at Sedo. Even more interestingly the registrant is shown as Sedo.com!! A pre-emptive strike on Sedo's part I suspect.
CanBrit

LOL thats funny, I was only kidding earlier but that just goes to show ya I guess :D

•••
namenut said:
I have received a phone call voice mail from SEDO. Explaining our status in the transaction (sale). I'm told it should just be a couple more days. I'm certainly glad to hear this but I couldn't but help noticing....I still have not gotten an email from them.

That's what's scaring me right now...Ara (who is a guy by the way) called about my TotalHD.com transaction ASKING IF I SENT A TRANSFER! Ara, I only sent you 3 emails telling you that I did, the last one demanding what the hell is going on! It would be one thing if this was a small transaction, but THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS of my money are sitting in Sedo's bank account and they are dicking around instead of handling the transfer promptly. This may be the last domain I ever buy at Sedo, and if they keep up the antics on the other side of the coin, may be the last name I sell there too. I mean is they money gained REALLY worth the headaches?

•••
canbrit said:
CanBrit

Hi,

In case you change your mind both these are available:

IHateSedo .com
WeHateSedo .com

Patrick

•••
NameTrader.com said:
That's what's scaring me right now...Ara (who is a guy by the way) called about my TotalHD.com transaction ASKING IF I SENT A TRANSFER! Ara, I only sent you 3 emails telling you that I did, the last one demanding what the hell is going on! It would be one thing if this was a small transaction, but THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS of my money are sitting in Sedo's bank account and they are dicking around instead of handling the transfer promptly. This may be the last domain I ever buy at Sedo, and if they keep up the antics on the other side of the coin, may be the last name I sell there too. I mean is they money gained REALLY worth the headaches?

What do they do, take all this money from sales and gain interest on it? Good reason or explanation for the delay maybe? If so, is that even legal?

•••
namenut said:
This is rediculous!!!! How many email do you have to send to this crap company before they will reply?

SEDO, you are a punk in the domain industry. Ara find a job you want to do. Obviously your not cut out for customer service. I will never sell a domain via SEDO again. I hope more NPs members speak up. SEDO has absolutely no respect for it clients.

I've sent several email and I am in the middle of a sale and they wont return a simple email. SEDO should be called SEDO'nt.

namenut

Hi,

It's not just email. I've filled out their online contact form several times
last week and have not received any responses.

Bad, bad Sedo!

Patrick

•••
If I'm not mistaken PayPal was hit with a huge class action suite over actions very similar. Holding, delaying and freezing account funds and reaping huge interest gains.

HasRob said:
What do they do, take all this money from sales and gain interest on it? Good reason or explanation for the delay maybe? If so, is that even legal?

I do know that SEDO could just let me know where I stand in the transaction. At one point you feel vulnerable and out of control of both funds and domain. This critical transfer point should be the hand holding part as well.

We'll see in a couple of days.

namenut

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back