Domain Empire

strategy Share your creative outbound emails

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe N

Top Member
Impact
I was inspired by this post made by @Arpit131, and tonight I decided to craft a truly personalized email with attitude for an outbound sales attempt (will share in my next post).

I would love to make this thread a central resource for inspired ideas of how to grab the attention of a potential buyer with a well-written opening email. Members like @Ali have shared personalized intros in the past, and I know many found it incredibly helpful.

So post your original email creations, and let's give constructive feedback to one another on how to improve our email writing skills.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This outbound worked! Sold a org for $1000 USD.

Below you'll find our conversations. I hope that helps.

I was anxious! 😁 but everything went smoothly.

Screenshot_20200215-134239_1581771914450.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_141219.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_141320.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_141657.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_141720.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_141824.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_141849.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_141950.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_142106.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_142213.jpg

Check the comment below for continuation

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20200215_142526.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_142614.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_142725_1581773510847.jpg
Screenshot_20200215_142852.jpg

I reported the sale to Dnprices database. I'd have bought the .com as well. But the company changed their brand name.

Thanks for reading through.

Last edited:
•••
Below you'll find our conversations. I hope that helps.

Your tenacity is admirable! Congrats on the sale and thanks for posting the interactions...very compelling read!

•••
Your tenacity is admirable! Congrats on the sale and thanks for posting the interactions...very compelling read!

Thanks for reading through. I appreciate your kind words.

•••
You have provided nothing, just vague bullsh*t statements, have you ever picked the phone up and pitched a senior decision maker? Have you spent your time speaking to PA's and secretary's who promise you they will pass on your message and you never hear anything again until you speak to them 3 days later and get the same response, got years of rejections or people hanging up on you? Days where you make over 250 calls and only speak to 1 or 2 people? People saying they will send the paprwork and you never speak to them again?

All the above is negative sh*t you need to deal with and learn from, notice there is no self promotional bullsh*? None of my posts on here do that........so when I speak on this topic it is from a position of authority, not like domains which I am still learning about..

Really rubs me up the wrong way when people spout crap they know nothing about......

I'm done with you.......
I know exactly what you mean bro alot of guys on here are way too quick to be experts on something they may not fully understand but lets stick to positivity... I was hoping to find afew scripts that I could customize. weather i was to then email it or recite it over the phone well i was gonna try both but cant sift through all the b.s on here. I anyone has outbound sales scripts that they find work well pls dm it to me. Thanks.

•••
Got today:

*********.net is for sale!

Hello, my name is Andrea from Domain Nerdz. We have a domain that is currently on sale that you might be interested in (***********.net).

Anytime someone types Vapor Store, Vapor Store Online, Vapor Store Near me, The Best Vapor Store, or any other phrase with these keywords into their browser your site could be the first they see!

Avg Google Search Results are (keyword): 175,000,000
You can easily redirect all the traffic this domain gets to your current site!

GoDaddy.com appraises this domain at $1,245.

The internet is the most efficient and easiest way to acquire new customers.

Priced at only $298 for a limited time! If interested please go to **********.net and select Buy Now, or purchase directly at GoDaddy.
Act Fast! First person to select Buy Now gets it!

Thank you very much for your time.
Domain Nerdz
Andrea Miranda

•••
Got today:

*********.net is for sale!

Hello, my name is Andrea from Domain Nerdz. We have a domain that is currently on sale that you might be interested in (***********.net).

Anytime someone types Vapor Store, Vapor Store Online, Vapor Store Near me, The Best Vapor Store, or any other phrase with these keywords into their browser your site could be the first they see!

Avg Google Search Results are (keyword): 175,000,000
You can easily redirect all the traffic this domain gets to your current site!

GoDaddy.com appraises this domain at $1,245.

The internet is the most efficient and easiest way to acquire new customers.

Priced at only $298 for a limited time! If interested please go to **********.net and select Buy Now, or purchase directly at GoDaddy.
Act Fast! First person to select Buy Now gets it!

Thank you very much for your time.
Domain Nerdz
Andrea Miranda
Not a fan of this format at all. This is the typical type unsolicited email we all get from mass emailing domain owners who are trying to sell something kind of similar to a name you already own.

•••
I received an offer from a domain broker the other day. The offer was for several hundred dollars which I feel is too low for this great VR name....

I drafted this response and just wanted to run it by you all first and get your thoughts and/or constructive criticism.

Cheers!

Cathy,

Thank you for presenting your clients offer. Your client is not the first person to show interest in this name and I have turned down offers in the past.

Currently, VR is in it's infancy... yet it is already a multibillion dollar industry that is continuing to grow year after year after year.

Gaming and programming are a huge part of this industry as are educational and teaching platforms. Even whilst in its infancy these genres still account for billions of dollars each in VR revenue... and I have seen companies in both areas that would benefit from a name like this.

With the upmost respect to you and your client, I am afraid I am not willing to accept the initial offer and feel that your client must step up a little higher to the "table" for this to work.

I sincerely look forward to hearing back from you with a more reasonable offer.

Kindest regards,

•••
I received an offer from a domain broker the other day. The offer was for several hundred dollars which I feel is too low for this great VR name....

I drafted this response and just wanted to run it by you all first and get your thoughts and/or constructive criticism.

Cheers!

Cathy,

Thank you for presenting your clients offer. Your client is not the first person to show interest in this name and I have turned down offers in the past.

Currently, VR is in it's infancy... yet it is already a multibillion dollar industry that is continuing to grow year after year after year.

Gaming and programming are a huge part of this industry as are educational and teaching platforms. Even whilst in its infancy these genres still account for billions of dollars each in VR revenue... and I have seen companies in both areas that would benefit from a name like this.

With the upmost respect to you and your client, I am afraid I am not willing to accept the initial offer and feel that your client must step up a little higher to the "table" for this to work.

Kindest regards,
It's a bit too wordy for my taste, and the line about stepping up to the table may be taken as a bit demeaning.

I think simply presenting a counter offer price can be very effective.

Remember that your most powerful negotiating tool is a willingness to stick to the sale price you want.

•••
It's a bit too wordy for my taste, and the line about stepping up to the table may be taken as a bit demeaning.

I think simply presenting a counter offer price can be very effective.

Remember that your most powerful negotiating tool is a willingness to stick to the sale price you want.

Thank you. You're right about the stepping up to the table comment. I took that out.👍🏻 I had also thought I would try sending it without a counter offer to see what they come up to, however upon further contemplation I think I WILL respond with a counter offer.

This domain was not listed anywhere and was strictly an inbound email from a broker asking me if I was the owner and presenting an offer... So I hadn't really thought of a price yet. That's my next task!

Thanks Joe

Last edited:
•••
Thank you. You're right about the stepping up to the table comment. I took that out.👍🏻 I had also thought I would try sending it without a counter offer to see what they come up to, however upon further contemplation I think I WILL respond with a counter offer.

This domain was not listed anywhere and was strictly an inbound email from a broker asking me if I was the owner and presenting an offer... So I hadn't really thought of a price yet. That's my next task!

Thanks Joe
Good luck! Let us know if you get a deal done.

•••

Cheers!

Cathy,

Kindest regards,

Besides it being long and insults the offer you should keep all your reasoning up sleeve for counter i would come up with a bin and ask for an offer closer to it. Still keep your reasoning and names sold similar searches etc for later justification for another counter and or follow up.

Last edited:
•••
Besides it being long and insults the offer you should keep all your reasoning up sleeve for counter i would come up with a bin and ask for an offer closer to it. Still keep your reasoning and names sold similar searches etc for later justification for another counter and or follow up.

Fair point!! I will do that. :)
Thanks!

•••
Here is a outbound sample of mine:

Hallow Mr. X,

I would like to let you know that the domain “---------------------" is currently available and I believe that this name could be an asset for your business.

Do get in touch if you are interested in placing an offer.

Best Regards,
-Name-
-Phone-

•••
Opening script that receives a good reply rate for me:

SUBJECT: example .com

Hi {{first_name}},

My company is brokering the domain name EXAMPLE.com for xxx USD. (<- I give actual pricing here)

{{any .com benefit}} a .com is perfect for securing a credible brand presence online.

Kindly let us know if you are interested.

If this is not the right person for this decision kindly forward this message to the right contact.

Warmest,

{{sender_name}}
{{sender_phone number}}
{{sender_email})

^^ good for trust, after all you're sending cold emails

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back