Domain Empire

Shortest Transfer Lock w/ SedoMLS support

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jandewit

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I have moved a few domains to Dynadot because of the SedoMLS program. I want to test out if it helps to boost my sales.
Dynadot had me wait for 60 days before I was allowed to list the names for sale again.

A few registrars support Seller Side Support, which is a feature required to list a domain name in de MLS program by Sedo.

I wish to know what even the shortest possible lock is. Domainers wish to flip domains a.s.a.p., right?

This is a list with SedoMLS supported registrars. Which one do you use and how long is the domain locked for transfer?

101 Domain
checkdomains.de
DirectNIC
Domain reg of america
domain-bestellsystem
domain24
domaindiscover
domeiners registrar
don dominio
dynadot llc
eName
Encirca
epik
gidinet
internetwire
internetx
intrust domains
name./com
namesilo
network solutions
partnergate
profilebuilder
register.com
solodom
untited domains usa
vautron

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A note on Dynadot. While I really like them as a registrar and use them often, I quit using them for the MLS and here is why:

Every name I sold through Sedo originated on Sedo and not the MLS. When you sell the name via Sedo and it is MLS listed via Dynadot, Dynadot locks the domain automatically so you can't transfer or push the domain. So when Sedo asks you to push the domain to Sedo's escrow account - you can't do it. You then have to go through Dynadot customer service to get them to unlock the domain. Not all of the reps know how to deal with this, so while they are polite, it can be very frustrating trying to explain numerous times why they need to unlock the domain.

I quit using MLS. Been getting much more activity from GoDaddy premium listings (although damn they are expensive at 30%) and just regular Sedo listings

Just my .02

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back