Domain Empire

discuss Should I quit my job and become a full-time Domainer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Azwan Asban

Top Member
Impact
Now I am working with a company lawyer as a clerk. I work for 8 hours a day like everyone else do.Worked as a clerk was tiring, boring, and I also do not like the bark by my boss. Should I quit my job and become a full time domainer? Being a successful domainer is my dream since a few years ago.If I stop working, what is the impact on my life later? Please share your thoughts and experience. I hope this thread will be able to provide useful lessons to beginner.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there a way to block this thread from coming up in my sidebar? it's rage-inducing.

•••
no one like to work,but mostly like money, i am also beginner in domainer, but at this time i will not resign from my job

•••
Lets not block this thread.. I am very eager to see how @Azwanasban is doing in about 4 months, if he's doing well then an awesome inspiring story to share, but if not at least the answer to his question is answered.

•••
I hate my BOSS!

As I've said, over and over again. You should change your job.

@ChubbyDfat - If we summarize what are the facts we know. The OP has been a domainer for 3 months. He has sold 3 domains. The first one was for an undisclosed amount, the second one for $250 and the third one for $800. He has said that he needs about $600/month (IIRC). So, I don't think he is making enough money to give up his day job. His contention is, it is because of his day job, that he cannot make the money he needs, and he has a surefire method of generating enough money to meet his needs. (Sounds like I've heard that one before. So forgive me if I take that with a pinch of salt).

@dnk - I hear what you are saying. And I believe you. Because you are not the only domainer which has been discriminated against. Are you sure none of these women are actually sleeping with these government officials, and that is why they have got these government jobs, and they are only being compliant with their actions against you because they don't want to lose their jobs or whatever other perks they obtain.

•••
I think it's fairly evident at this point that he's going to quit his job no matter what anyone says. Given his age, I'm sure he'll be able to land on his feet if he doesn't succeed and that at the very least he will have learned from the experience. OTOH, he seems resourceful and determined so I suspect that he will do well.

•••
I know I am talking to the wind

But, you do have a new career, Being a Spammer

See how that goes for while. See what percent of your emails never get read because of your new status. Find out the favorite coupon code register doesn't like names they hold being spam objects. Try not to flame out Goodluck
z8r.gif

•••
@iowadawg i think you're wrong. i'm not marking everyone their attention to me. my objective for create this thread only for beginner learning. not only for me but for everyone who have same problem.

@Beezy so please click "unwatch this thread"

@GrenadeApe thanks. my question is answered. for me. but the other beginners i don't know

•••
@discobull yes i think i do very well. after just post this thread on saturday, i got more experience.

@johname i don't think i'm being a spammer, i'm send an 300 email to end user one-by-one. if i calculate the maths, i got 30% percentage who response my email.

Last edited:
•••
@stub sorry for my mistake, not 3 but i've done sold 4 domain. 2.com 1.co 1.org. the best name i sold topbank.org for $150 , another one last night i sell to end user is vr domain for $800 .
is enough for me as a beginner.

•••
Back when I was a child, my Grandma ask me:
"So Hans... what do you want to be when you grow up?"
I told her: "I want to be a domainer"
She said: "What the hell is that? No, you must be a doctor or a lawyer."
I disagreed. My siblings were there too.

And I will never forget what she said next (she was a bit gangsta):
"Remember children...
The road to riches... is paved with hard work, b*tchez!!"

gangster-granny.jpg

R.I.P. Grandma

•••
i don't believe you already have made a
$xx,xxx like you say.. can you prove it. what are you sold?
I don't care that you don't believe me. And I don't have to say what domain I sold for which amount. (Some are even protected by Non Disclosure Agreement). Now, you say have made $800 sale, can you prove that? I am not sure why you are so against everyone's advice. Maybe as someone said, you are just trying to get into a limelight.

•••
I don't care that you don't believe me. And I don't have to say what domain I sold for which amount. (Some are even protected by Non Disclosure Agreement). Now, you say have made $800 sale, can you prove that? I am not sure why you are so against everyone's advice. Maybe as someone said, you are just trying to get into a limelight.

No. maybe this is just a coincidence. I just need an opinion. I think everyone have a same conflict,but they never asken.

i'm not receive any payment for my domain yet, next week i will prove it.

•••
No. maybe this is just a coincidence. I just need an opinion. I think everyone have a same conflict,but they never asken.

i'm not receive any payment for my domain yet, next week i will prove it.
Always claim a sale only after receiving payment. Because that is the what finalizes a sale. Many times domain may appear to be sold but buyer may fail to pay. Just my opinion.

•••
Always claim a sale only after receiving payment. Because that is the what finalizes a sale. Many times domain may appear to be sold but buyer may fail to pay. Just my opinion.

thanks. never share again until the domain sold.

•••
I think person's own discretion is important whether he wants to do full time job or not.

•••
business today can make you become a millionaire in just a week only.

His own quote sums it up.

PS. Its called a day job, NOT a dayS job. You obviously don't understand basic english, like plurals or how to use them.

Furthermore, I suspect that you get off on making these silly controversial threads. You are just wasting everyones time, because you don't care to listen, you only want to hear yourself talk. You are toxic to yourself and to anyone who gets involved in your BS shanahanigans.

At first i laughed you, then i felt bad for you, now I'm glad i found the ignore user.

•••
Look it is a business. In one leap you can get thrice of your monthly job salary but sometimes luck got away. It is not consistent !

•••
Azwanasban, you deserve a meme.

•••
Here you go.

i.imgur.com/T9tCJlY.gif

Hope this doesn't go against forum rules...

•••
As I've said, over and over again. You should change your job.

@dnk - I hear what you are saying. And I believe you. Because you are not the only domainer which has been discriminated against. Are you sure none of these women are actually sleeping with these government officials, and that is why they have got these government jobs, and they are only being compliant with their actions against you because they don't want to lose their jobs or whatever other perks they obtain.

I did not know that sleeping with powerful government officials was the most important qualification for getting appointed to an important government job in the indian internet sector for a woman, indian society remains conservative . If this criteria was known earlier, I would have not invested so much money and time online on domain names, webhosting , I would have chosen other business options where hard work, experience, knowledge and honesty are appreciated.

•••
I have no inside knowledge. It was a passing thought, that I might have heard somewhere. But I'm not making fun of your plight... I really genuinely feel very about your plight.

•••
•••
Domaining aside:

If you hate your job, then it's perfectly normal to look for another one. Sure, try domaining for a bit, and if it doesn't work out as a full time job, find something that you don't completely hate. I think the real problem here is a lousy job, not domaining.

•••
@stub sorry for my mistake, not 3 but i've done sold 4 domain. 2.com 1.co 1.org. the best name i sold topbank.org for $150 , another one last night i sell to end user is vr domain for $800 .
is enough for me as a beginner.

Congrats on your sales. Keep going.

•••
full time domaining in your case is: sitting alone behind your screen,24/7 and the stress will eat you alive.
your story was made up and maybe a dream, you will be a happy clerk or whatever for a long time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back