IT.COM

status-done Show signatures on mobile devices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Note from moderator: The original title of this thread was, "Does anyone see my signature?" It was changed when this thread was moved to the Suggestions and Feedback section.

Someone DM'ed me as they don't see my signature.

I can see it myself but the other user didn't.

Therefore I just got in with another browser and I don't see any signature. But I also don't see any other signatures.

Do you see your own, and other users'? What's going on?

Sorry I don't know exactly where to post this, looked for another forum section but couldn't find one suitable.

Edit: I logged out and it doesn't show. But anyway, what's the point of having a signature if you're the only one seeing it?

My paid Gold plan says: Signature (4 lines; unlimited links; 260 characters)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yep.png

Yep. I'm using Chrome, can see it just fine

•••
same - Chrome user and see it fine (y)

•••
Show attachment 229486

Yep. I'm using Chrome, can see it just fine
Thanks. I'm confused right now (scratching head).

Signatures work only when you are logged?

BTW the user was logged but he sent me a snapshot via DM and no signature there.

•••
I can see the signature too on a computer, only downside is, on mobile phones signatures don't seem available either.

Last edited:
•••
I can see the signature too on a computer, only downside is, on mobile phones signatures don't seem available either.
Hmm, that might be it. He was on a phone.

But why they don't work on mobile? Is this a bug or is it intended?

•••
Thanks. I'm confused right now (scratching head).

Signatures work only when you are logged?

BTW the user was logged but he sent me a snapshot via DM and no signature there.
Hmm, strange. Not sure tbh

•••
Hmm, that might be it. He was on a phone.

But why they don't work on mobile? Is this a bug or is it intended?
Only when logged in you can see signatures and on a computer. No idea why they do that, as the exposure is less like that.

•••
Only when logged in you can see signatures and on a computer. No idea why they do that, as the exposure is less like that.
Yeah - more people use their mobile / smart phones etc than desktops so seems kind of odd - does it show on tablets?

•••
I use Firefox and see it fine

•••
Yeah - more people use their mobile / smart phones etc than desktops so seems kind of odd - does it show on tablets?
Tested it on an iPad and the signature shows.

•••
@twiki

Might be worth tagging in the mods / support and getting an answer on the mobile question, especially if you are paying for an account?

I don't log in via mobile, but by the look of it no one is seeing it via that device?

•••
It depends on the screen size. When on mobile, tilt your screen and voila, it's there (may depend on the sice of your phone though :) ).

Been like this since the big upgrade. Probably to save precious screen space on 'small' devices to make room for the humongous like, agree, upvote buttons :)

•••
@twiki

Might be worth tagging in the mods / support and getting an answer on the mobile question, especially if you are paying for an account?

I don't log in via mobile, but by the look of it no one is seeing it via that device?
I'm not sure how to do the mod tagging anymore, could you help?

Tried via @ user but nothing shows up.

•••
It depends on the screen size. When on mobile, tilt your screen and voila, it's there (may depend on the sice of your phone though :) ).

Been like this since the big upgrade. Probably to save precious screen space on 'small' devices to make room for the humongous like, agree, upvote buttons :)
Hmm. That's not good.

•••
•••
•••
@twiki you may want to replace the highlighted squares in your wordmark for dotible with dots... Not sure if you've explored the option but just something that caught my eye ;).

•••
@twiki you may want to replace the highlighted squares in your wordmark for dotible with dots... Not sure if you've explored the option but just something that caught my eye ;).
Yeah I could, except Dotible will shut down soon.

The appraiser will however continue to exist - moved / redirected, as a feature on a new project.

•••
Yeah I could, except Dotible will shut down soon.

The appraiser will however continue to exist - moved / redirected, as a feature on a new project.

Cool. Nice domain though. Good luck with the project. Keep us posted!

•••
I see yours and of others only after i login.

•••
•••
Hello,

Yes, your signature is visible to other members on namepros, however, keep in mind that some sections do not display signatures and that some mobile devices cannot see them due to screen size.

Signatures are shown for all members, regardless of membership level. An upgraded membership allows you to have a more robust signature.

If you do not see a signature, then it means only one of two things:
(1) your screen size is too small to display signatures.
(2) you are not logged in.

Does that help provide clarity? Are you experiencing something different?

Signature FAQ: https://www.namepros.com/threads/signatures-faq.848730/

•••
Hello,

Yes, your signature is visible to other members on namepros, however, keep in mind that some sections do not display signatures and that some mobile devices cannot see them due to screen size.

Signatures are shown for all members, regardless of membership level. An upgraded membership allows you to have a more robust signature.

If you do not see a signature, then it means only one of two things:
(1) your screen size is too small to display signatures.
(2) you are not logged in.

Does that help provide clarity? Are you experiencing something different?

Signature FAQ: https://www.namepros.com/threads/signatures-faq.848730/
What is considered a small screen size, because I've tested it on Samsung Galaxy 8+, Samsung A03, Samsung A13 iPhone SE and none of them show the signature while logged in... These screens are not so small for me, seem more like general mobiles, correct me if I'm wrong. But if the majority cannot see our signatures, then that is not good, because most people use mobiles nowadays with "small" screens. The signature should be visible on small screens too, with smaller fonts or something, especially if people pay for gold membership to list their domains/auctions, thinking everyone will see it.

Last edited:
•••
What is considered a small screen size, because I've tested it on Samsung Galaxy 8+, Samsung A03, Samsung A13 iPhone SE and none of them show the signature while logged in... These screens are not so small for me, seem more like general mobiles, correct me if I'm wrong. But if the majority cannot see our signatures, then that is not good, because most people use mobiles nowadays with "small" screens. The signature should be visible on small screens too, especially if we pay for gold membership to list our domains/auctions.
Tagging a member of NamePros technical team for more information regarding screen size limitations in regards to Signatures - @Paul

I can only assume (Not positive) that loading signatures slows down page load times for devices with slower processors. Once @Paul has had a chance to review this thread he'll be able to provide the most accurate answer and reasoning behind the screen size limitations in relation to signatures being rendered.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back