IT.COM

Why anyone exept me cannot see my signature?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DmytroK.

Established Member
Impact
Hello! I am a new member.

Why anyone exept me cannot see my signature?

I am registered like for 8-9 days(or even more than 10, I dont remember),

I have set my signature, but anyone cannot see it. I checked from other devices without my account.

Why so? If noone see it, than what sense this forum signature has?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Signatures are not visible in every scenario on NamePros, but they are shown to all members.

Related comments from another moderator team:
Small is the size of a mobile phone, smaller than a tablet. @Quebec Tech Team could tell you the size in pixels.

Everything else is considered large.

Hiding it for guests is a common practice so that search engines only index content relevant to the topic, to dissuade link-building spammers from flooding the forums with low-quality content to spread their signature for SEO/promotion, etc.

This feature was added due to popular request, but we’re still working out the finer details.

Please reply to our DM when you can: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/how-can-namepros-improve.3339636/

We appreciate constructive feedback.
Signatures are now accessible on mobile.

The “Show signature” feature was built based on community feedback and influenced by other popular servicss such as Gmail, but it’s a work in progress.

Let us share with you how we plan for it to work once it’s complete, and please feel free to suggest improvements:

For members:
  1. On smaller devices, the “Show signature” link will always show since there isn’t much space available. Previously, signatures were inaccessible on small mobile devices.
  2. Articles (not their comments) always use “Show signature,” since they also have an “About author” section right below them.
  3. On larger devices, the “Show signature” link will show if you uncheck “Show people's signatures with their posts and messages” under Preferences. Otherwise, the signature will show immediately.
For guests:
  • Guests previously could not access signatures. We’re considering always using “Show signature” for guests. Probably best that we don’t do this one.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Edited to add strike-through.
Signature Rules:
1.21. Do not indirectly or directly refer to your signature block, suggest looking at your signature block, or include your content signature or signature block in any post; instead, use the signature block feature. Exceptions may be made if your signature is short and relevant or short and benign (e.g., your first name with no catch phrases and no domain names), especially in the marketplace and direct messages where content signatures are generally allowed.

3.2. Affiliate links are only permitted in the Available Domain Names and Expired Domains and Expiring Domains sections, and in signatures. Affiliate links must have the URL embedded in text as a hyperlink, not pasted as a URL. It must be noted when there are affiliate links in a post, e.g., "Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links."

4.1. Signatures may not include links to sites that contain explicit, sexually-orientated, illegal or obscene content.

The general rules also apply to signature content: https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/#section-010000

Basic Signature Information: https://www.namepros.com/threads/signatures-faq.848730/#section-000000

Using Colored Fonts in signatures: https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-to-have-a-chosen-text-color-link-in-a-signature.1140752/

Signature limitations
  • Images are not allowed.
  • Embedded media is not allowed.
  • Lists are not allowed.
  • Block tags (code, quote, etc) are not allowed.
  • The number of lines and links varies based on your Account Level.
We hope that information helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back