Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Just wanted to jump in, I'm new to this site.
I bought 40 domains in this 'niche' when Ohio and Florida were considering legalizing. Florida is supposed to vote soon, and Ohio passed medical.
Also got usseedandclone (for those looking to see just sell seeds and clones). Heard people saying this is where they money will be online soon, but I'only time will tell. Not sure if it's worth holding on until 2018 or so, or if I should sell now and try something else.

•••
Just wanted to jump in, I'm new to this site.
I bought 40 domains in this 'niche' when Ohio and Florida were considering legalizing. Florida is supposed to vote soon, and Ohio passed medical.
Also got usseedandclone (for those looking to see just sell seeds and clones). Heard people saying this is where they money will be online soon, but I'only time will tell. Not sure if it's worth holding on until 2018 or so, or if I should sell now and try something else.

All depends on the quality of your names, if you have domains which you know you could sell right now, then hold. If you have not tried to sell your names yet, give it a try to make sure your names are worth holding another year or two. 40x$9=$360 renewal fees...
Gl

•••
All depends on the quality of your names, if you have domains which you know you could sell right now, then hold. If you have not tried to sell your names yet, give it a try to make sure your names are worth holding another year or two. 40x$9=$360 renewal fees...
Gl
Thanks! Appreciate the advice!

•••
I'm holding onto MarijuanaEnterprise(com) & CannabisXXX(com)
...hold on to 'em! It's only a matter of time before the floodgates open, especially with nine states voting on the industry Nov. 8.
I let marijuanaxxx.com drop but I still have a slew of good quality industry related marijuana names...

•••
...hold on to 'em! It's only a matter of time before the floodgates open, especially with nine states voting on the industry Nov. 8.
I let marijuanaxxx.com drop but I still have a slew of good quality industry related marijuana names...
I've been working on a new website to make purchasing easier. Hopefully it will help during elections. I do have some domains specific to the areas that are voting.

•••
Made a nice little $420 sale, CannabisDates.com. After selling cannadates last year, an awesome NP'er- @Grilled- let me know cannabisdates was available to reg and gave me first dibs. Hope you got my PM @Grilled so I can send you a thank you!
The bid arrived through an Efty landing page, quick and easy negotiation through escrow. I didn't push too hard on the price, it's so much nicer to close deals than to have potentials disappear. Probably left money on the table though, pretty sure it's an enduser.

•••
•••
Made a nice little $420 sale, CannabisDates.com. After selling cannadates last year, an awesome NP'er- @Grilled- let me know cannabisdates was available to reg and gave me first dibs. Hope you got my PM @Grilled so I can send you a thank you!
The bid arrived through an Efty landing page, quick and easy negotiation through escrow. I didn't push too hard on the price, it's so much nicer to close deals than to have potentials disappear. Probably left money on the table though, pretty sure it's an enduser.
Nice sale!

•••
For those in the US....I am not following what each state is up to (regarding whether their respective marijuana vote will pass). Does anyone have any predictions?

•••
There are widespread reports that the mail-in ballots are missing the "Ammendment 2" section all across Florida. Central to Broward county, which is where the majority of the YES votes came from last time the vote was on the ballot.

My prediction? It's tough to say right now, there seems to be serious collusion against the campaign to legalize anything here in Florida. Not to mention the existing medicinal "dispensaries" are heavily controlled by state approved operators, which has set in motion a monopolistic status from growers to distributors.

•••
"Recreational" marijuana laws are imo likely to pass next month in California, Nevada, and Maine. I think at least 2 of those 3 will pass, probably all 3. Massachusetts and Arizona are also voting, but with less chance of success it would seem.

Medical marijuana may very well pass in Florida, but let's see if the question makes everyone's ballot...
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/florida-medical-marijuana-constitutional-amendment/

The other states voting on MMJ are even more of a toss-up: Arkansas, Montana, and North Dakota.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/10/23/heres-what-the-latest-polls-suggest-in-the-9-state.aspx

Last edited:
•••
Couple of sales on namebio today - not mine

weedonline.com 2,650 USD
2016-10-26 NameJet

onlineweed.com 785 USD
2016-10-26 NameJet

•••
I need to start selling on NameJet

•••
Question: According to Namebio, HotelCannabis sold for $225 several months ago. Do you think the "weed" version might have about the same value? More? Less?
Just curious and trying to figure out how to price my weed version.
(Currently, the hotelcannabis is for sale by the new owner.)
Thanks
https://namebio.com/hotelcannabis.com

Last edited:
•••
HotelCannabis is a decent sale at $225,imo.
I'm not too sure about your weed version. To me, "hotel" is a bit of a classy word, especially compared to "motel." And "cannabis" is a classy word too, compared to "weed." It's better than MotelWeed.
I would not price the name very high, if it were mine.

•••
Here's an interesting use of a .LIFE domain I noticed:

Denver-area dispensary chain Sweet Leaf promotes the shorter SweetLeaf.life for their online apparel store.

•••
MJCalifornia.com
MJNevada.com
MJMaine.com

A few of mine. All three states are voting on "Recreational" MJ next week. . .

•••
MJCalifornia.com
MJNevada.com
MJMaine.com

A few of mine. All three states are voting on "Recreational" MJ next week. . .

Can't imagine California and Nevada not being successful in their legalization. It will be interesting to watch it unfold for all the states with it on the ballot.

•••
Can't imagine California and Nevada not being successful in their legalization. It will be interesting to watch it unfold for all the states with it on the ballot.
I hope they are successful. I think I have around 20-40 domains for various areas of CA & NV. I hope they pass.

•••
For those that use Efty, what category do you put your marijuana domains into? I'm going to try Efty out.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back