IT.COM

showcase Showcase your Royal Mint Gold domains (RMG)

NameSilo
Watch

baseballworld

Restricted (Market)
Impact
This is the time for everyone to see the new niche. Showcase your royal mint gold domains or RMG as they are called. more information here about them here will eb a blockchain much like bitcoin only real gold backing worth billions.

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/uks-royal-mint-and-cme-group-launching-gold-backed-blockchain-assets/

here are my 2

RoyalMintApp.com - obviously gonna be an app made. lol
RMGPrice.com - chose this because in bitcoin phrases it was highest searched phrase monthly behind bitcoin itself.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
err... it's not a date thing

it's RMG exercising the right to register a trademark

isn't there some stories in domaining about how a domain registered prior to the Trademark being legally officially registered that makes the domain owner "bulletproof" vs any URDP from the TM holder?

not sure but I remember hearing a few domains registered 10-15 years that are just waiting now for the TM holders to bring a wheel barrow of cash right up to their escrow accounts.

If I'm wrong then I await and welcome to be corrected. Thanks.

•••
isn't there some stories in domaining about how a domain registered prior to the Trademark being legally officially registered that makes the domain owner "bulletproof" vs any URDP from the TM holder?

not sure but I remember hearing a few domains registered 10-15 years that are just waiting now for the TM holders to bring a wheel barrow of cash right up to their escrow accounts.

If I'm wrong then I await and welcome to be corrected. Thanks.

is there a question in there?

•••
is there a question in there?

lol yup. weren't there some stories about some domains that can't be hit with a URDP because they were registered prior to the TM registration?

This is why I mentioned the date of registration for RMG and why I asked who regged RMG domains prior to that date.

•••
please clarify what you are asking

•••
please clarify what you are asking

Are there domains that were registered back in the 80's and 90's that contain the keywords of later registered trademarks that are immune to URDP?

•••
•••
What is RMG?

For investment providers looking to offer gold to their clients, RMG provides a cost-effective, convenient and secure alternative to holding and trading spot gold. Interested?

Find out more about RMG in our new video.@ http://www.royalmint.com/rmg/what-is-rmg

Cheers
Corey

•••
I'm still not convinced that you own physical gold when you have a RMG deposit.

•••
If you want to check out their open-source blockchain:

https://www.provachain.com/

"Prova™ is an open-source distributed ledger for trading a commodity or digitized physical asset. It combines the transparent ownership, reduced costs, and global access of blockchain with the governance and safety-rails required by financial institutions and investors. Prova's development is led by BitGo, CME Group, The Royal Mint, and AlphaPoint."

"The Royal Mint created Royal Mint Gold (RMG), the world's first 100% gold-backed blockchain. RMG is built on Prova™ and will trade at CME Group providing low cost ownership of gold, instant transfer of gold around the world, and gold price discovery never before possible."

https://github.com/BitGo/prova

https://www.provachain.com/welcometoprova

Last edited:
•••
•••
"The Royal Mint created Royal Mint Gold (RMG), the world's first 100% gold-backed blockchain. RMG is built on Prova™ and will trade at CME Group providing low cost ownership of gold, instant transfer of gold around the world, and gold price discovery never before possible."

Gold backed isn't the same as gold. China and Russia have been buying gold to back the Renminbi and Ruble, but they don't pretend that it's the same as gold.

•••
RMG has a new website

RMG The New Digital Gold Standard. The new alternative way to trade physical gold that is cost-effective, convenient, secure and assured.

RMG The New Digital Gold Standard. | RMG

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
One RMG represents ownership of 1g of fine gold, stored securely within The Royal Mint vault and held on a fully allocated basis, where investors own, and have full title to their gold holdings at all times. RMG can be redeemed for physical gold bars, produced by The Royal Mint and delivered to investors if desired.

This is what worries me - when you buy a certificate, you don't get an allocation of physical gold, but a right to withdraw from the pool. I suspect that it won't be long before they start to use the fractional reserve banking permission.

•••
•••
any rmg sales so far ?
I haven't listed any for sale yet, as Royal Mint Gold is only just getting started. I've seen quite a few on the expired lists, and I managed to pick up RMGblockchain.com for $1. I was a bit surprised that this was not renewed, as it was shortly after the RMG genesis block was created. The RMG blockchain is slightly unusual as it is linked to physical assets, and it should generate some interest as a result of that.

•••
•••
@Kuffy would you renew blockchainrmg if you had it?

If that is the .com, or possibly the .uk, then probably I would. I don't think now is the time to sell it though, but you could monetise it to cover the holding cost. I think the RMG blockchain is important enough to be newsworthy. Even if it fails, then it will still be news.

Now I should take my own advice and monetise RMGblockchain.com. :)

•••
it is the .com and I can still renew it but I'm kinda peeved that I tried to do something different domain wise and then get hit with the tm issues that the word rmg may bring. Considering the offers I got at the start of this, maybe I should have sold :(

At the time of buying these domains I saw a lot of crypto domains available but trying to be different in thinking that gold would be a more stable bet meant I lost out on better crypto domains and there is nothing left in that area now, while rmg interest has decreased, makes it a double whammy, but I did pick up cryptowallets/cn recently, so I am a lil bit happier.

•••
What tm issues have you had. I owned SonyVideo.com and it was an active site, and I didn't ever have any trademark issues. You just need to be sensible about the way you use the name. Don't try to sell it to the Royal Mint for example.

I haven't researched RMG recently, I've just parked the name. I'll wait and seehow the blockchain develops. At the moment I'm a bit caught up with my domaining mall - DomainPX.com. I'm customising Cube Cart for it, and I'm still pleased with the potential. It needs some major changes though - the shopping cart is one.

If you don't want the name, then I'd list it in the NamePros market place rather than just letting it drop.

Robert

•••
No one seems to have updated this thread. UK Gov put the nail on the coffin for Royal Mint Gold a while back. So RMG is dead on arrival so it seems. Funny if everyone dumped their RMG domains only for Royal Mint Gold to be up and running again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back