NameSilo

showcase Showcase your Royal Mint Gold domains (RMG)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

baseballworld

Restricted (Market)
Impact
This is the time for everyone to see the new niche. Showcase your royal mint gold domains or RMG as they are called. more information here about them here will eb a blockchain much like bitcoin only real gold backing worth billions.

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/uks-royal-mint-and-cme-group-launching-gold-backed-blockchain-assets/

here are my 2

RoyalMintApp.com - obviously gonna be an app made. lol
RMGPrice.com - chose this because in bitcoin phrases it was highest searched phrase monthly behind bitcoin itself.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whilst researching this, I mis-typed the key-phrase as "Royal Mail Gold" a couple of times. On looking at search trends, I saw that this was quite an active search phrase, so I reg'd the .com. I know I need to be careful with this name, but the Royal Mail produced a number of gold post boxes, so I can create an info site about those, and see what reaction I get.

•••
there yah go the bullion phrase has been around a while. rmg is what they are calling this next step. This is a blockchain.

Last edited:
•••
•••
well it is on the same principal as bitcoin only you can order the gold if you want as well as its backed by real and not made up gold. will still only be so much available.

•••
•••
Took the domain out, as i hope the real one will still be available when i get to it....

Regd 2 domains, RGM instead of RMG.... lol....

•••
well it is on the same principal as bitcoin only you can order the gold if you want as well as its backed by real and not made up gold. will still only be so much available.
It isn't really the same as Bitcoin. Bitcoin has a distributed ledger, and now has SegWit and other extras. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, and this means the value is based on the trading activity of Bitcoin itself, and not on the value of some external factor such as the price of gold. Another advantage of Bitcoin is tht it is not controlled by a government or a banking group. RMG and Bitcoin are very different products, but there is roonm for both in the emerging world economy. Both offer a hedge against the effects of the shift from the PetroDollar to the PetroRuble.

•••
I still feel safer investing in something backed with a real market value that i can actually touch.

•••
I still feel safer investing in something backed with a real market value that i can actually touch.
You can't touch it if it's in the Royal Mint vaults. :)

•••
the article said you can order it. The general public will feel more trustworthy as well with a reputable source like this one.

CME Group will manage the trading platform handling transactions in the digital asset, which will be open all year around. Investors will have a full claim on the underlying commodity, meaning they’ll have the option of converting the digital holding into physical gold.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/her-majestys-royal-mint-launches-gold-trading-on-blockchain

Last edited:
•••
A particular advantage of a digital holding, although not exclusive to RMGs, is that investors don’t need to worry about the cost and inconvenience of storing gold. Spot traders have to pay management and storage fees whereas holders of RMGs will not have to pay these charges.

“Innovation is at the heart of CME Group’s business, and the work we have done on RMG with The Royal Mint is a testament to CME Group’s progress on the application of digital assets and distributed ledger technology to financial markets. By collaborating with The Royal Mint, we have set a new milestone in the digitization of value,” said Sandra Ro, digitization lead at CME Group.

My understanding of that quote is that the holding is "digital", ie. it is a virtual contract to deliver on demand, but there is no underlying actual gold asset. If you ask for delivery, then they will go to the spot market and buy the gold - that is if they can afford to do it.

I haven't seen a description of the way the ledger is distributed. I can't see them allowing all used to operate a full node with the ledger details in it. That would mean that they would lose control, and the banker's game at the moment is to try to contol as many assets as they can.

•••
Golds already there believe counted in ounces per for value.

•••
I suspect it's another case of fractional reserve banking. :)

•••
Do some research, sign up for the newsletter, even contact them directly and ask!

taken directly from The Royal Mint

The future of gold trading has just become a whole lot easier, more cost effective and secure!

Royal Mint Gold (RMG), an innovative new product launching in 2017, will see The Royal Mint issue RMGs as a blockchain based digital record of ownership for gold stored at its highly-secure on-site bullion vault storage facility. CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, will develop, implement and operate the product’s digital trading platform which will see gold traded on an exchange using blockchain technology. The RMG solution will provide an easier, cost-effective and cryptographically secure alternative to buying, holding and trading spot gold.

What is Royal Mint Gold (RMG)?

Royal Mint Gold (RMG) is the name given to a new gold investment product that will be provided by The Royal Mint. The product is real gold, stored in The Royal Mint Vault™, traded on an exchange using a platform provided by CME Group. RMGs will not be sold by The Royal Mint to consumers directly but instead will be available to investors through third party investment intermediaries such as banks and brokers.

Source RMG: Bringing blockchain to gold trading

•••
This comment by the FT is significant imho
Pension investors purchasing gold bars through the Royal Mint will not be able to take delivery of their purchases as they will be placed in storage in “The Vault”, the Royal Mint’s secure storage facility in Wales.
This is another one - a derivative is not a physical product. Digital trading is not the same as physical trading.
CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, will develop, implement and operate the product’s digital trading platform which will see gold traded on an exchange using blockchain technology.

•••
Actually my points are a bit academic for domainers. I'm sure that RMG will be traded, whether it is physical or virtual. We can profit from this by discussing both the trading and the risks of government intervention.

•••
My understanding of the thread is to

Showcase your Royal Mint Gold domains (RMG)

•••
My understanding of the thread is to

Showcase your Royal Mint Gold domains (RMG)

Yes, but don't we have a responsibility to help new domainers to avoid wasting their money. A lot of names posted in this thread aren't worth reg fee imho.

•••
same was said for keword planners and it sold $350 many diss self driving yet its created tons of income for domainers already. Thing is you never know truly what people want in a niche. Can go by related stats for the premiums but the longer tailed ones you never know. They understand the risks when buying domains. They are doing homework and chosing what they believe is a name that they can have income from. Half of selling is beliving in the product you are selling and I would never derail a motivated person. Ive seen people by way worst domains then most posted in this thread. lol

•••
Since this came out gold is down over 2%

•••
Not sure what kinda news that is but guess already throwing a wrench in the main market to liven things up can be very good.

•••
Would be cool to see an atm for it.

They have gold bullion ATMs and these rmg's are digital block chain "receipts " . Kinda like German bearer bonds only better . So I imagine ATMs where people can walk up to an ATM. And if they really need to use their NFC enabled phone to convert their RMG to actual physical gold or fiat money in real time in any country in the world.

How hard would that be?

•••
Btw? I did a google search for RMG and there are multi uses for it like

Ready made Garments

And about 6 others .

It's like how vr stands for virtual reality and vacation rentals.

If domain investing were horse race betting that's like betting on a horse with 24 legs!

Lol Human Centipede the movie !

•••
I can just see it. You put your card into the machine to make a withdrawal, and it pays out a gold bar worth £25,000. :)

•••
I can just see it. You put your card into the machine to make a withdrawal, and it pays out a gold bar worth £25,000. :)

Actually Google valcambi. They have a product that's a credit card size gold card. That is sectioned off into 1 gram pieces you can break off like a hersey bar.

Oh and speaking of which just added

Rmgcredit.com
Rmgcreditcard.com
RMGLoan.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back