Watch

Charley

Striving To Be The BestVIP Member
Impact
SnapNames LIVETM AUCTIONS

@ DOMAINfestTM Global '08
Hollywood, CA, January 22 - 23, 2008

Submissions Open November 14, 2007

Anybody know the email address to submit the names. I haven't recieved a response from the customer center.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any know it, pls share it.....

•••
it says submissions open Nov 14th....!
They might release the email after that, to prevent applications flooding in before that !

•••
LIVE Auction link is enabled. Start submitting your names for consideration.

•••
Charley said:
LIVE Auction link is enabled. Start submitting your names for consideration.

wheres link dude?
cheers

•••
•••
•••
Thanks, rep added to Charlie and Krossat :sold:

•••
Don't forget to read their agreement before submitting your names. :hehe:

From their agreement:

Seller Responsibilities:

Seller will:

1. Make available to SnapNames one or more domain names to sell.

2. To facilitate rapid order fulfillment at the close of an Auction, upon notification from SnapNames that a submitted name has been accepted for Auction, Seller will immediately take all steps necessary to effect a transfer of the domain(s) to a registrar account designated by SnapNames. SnapNames will pay the transfer fee. Seller agrees that it will incur a $100 handling fee due SnapNames should Seller fail to effect the transfer before an Auction actually starts.

3. Agree that should Seller not honor its obligation to deliver a domain name once sold, Seller will be obligated to remit to SnapNames 15% of the amount SnapNames would have collected for the sale.

4. Guarantee that Seller has unencumbered ownership and the corresponding right to sell any name submitted by Seller for Auction, and that no name submitted has been subject to any sort of undisclosed legal action or threat.

5. Promise that any material information provided by Seller about a domain name it submits, including but not limited to traffic stats, previous purchase prices, and/or ppc earnings is accurate to best of Seller's knowledge.

6. Refrain from bidding during the Auction, either directly or via an agent, on the domain names provided by Seller.

•••
Thanks tv, good point.
Rather ironic that snap use the crumbiest reseller registarsr on the planet lol themselves

Well if Moniker or Godaddy arent good enough, they can poke it, lol :sold:

•••
What if you have submitted domain names to Moniker's future events already...

I assume you can't submit the same names here, to Snapnames Live Auction?

since there may be crossover issues, and other legalese

•••
itsbusinessbaby said:
What if you have submitted domain names to Moniker's future events already...

I assume you can't submit the same names here, to Snapnames Live Auction?

since there may be crossover issues, and other legalese

unless you want some troubles....you`re right :)

•••
HM...
i believe that snapnames knows that premium tv's cant be transfered out of enom....

edit

they dont accept dot tv domains

Last edited:
•••
For those that have had past experience at both Moniker's and Snapnames auctions, where have you had the most success in selling your domains?

•••
Having to transfer the domain to them before the sale, just for the auction, is a deal killer. I wouldn't go through the hassle of having to transfer one of my best domains to any registrar, just for it to go to one auction, and if it didn't sell, having to transfer again to my registrar.

Big no, no. Just confirm ownership sending an email to the whois contact.

•••
Coupons said:
Having to transfer the domain to them before the sale, just for the auction, is a deal killer. I wouldn't go through the hassle of having to transfer one of my best domains to any registrar, just for it to go to one auction, and if it didn't sell, having to transfer again to my registrar.

actually i agree. i'm gonna cancel the ones i submitted i think. a royal pain. mine are all at Moniker, if they think i'm gonna pay to transfer out to some crumby registrar they can forget it.
do they have any rep on here who can clear this up?
why they think they need to do this and no other major auctions do, is beyond me, especially when collectively they use the worst registrars on the planet themselves. its hilarious

•••
Coupons said:
Having to transfer the domain to them before the sale, just for the auction, is a deal killer.
I think it's because the system is fully automated like the drops and it facilitates the ownership transfer. But I agree that it puts me off. I move all my catches to my usual registrar and I have no intention of moving them back to snap or pool.

•••
emailed snap and pointed out the problems they're causing and how putting us off, which is shame. they just emailed back and asked which forum so they can post. i let them know it was np, so hopefully they can clear up or amend
cheers
Arnie

•••
.tv said:
2. To facilitate rapid order fulfillment at the close of an Auction, upon notification from SnapNames that a submitted name has been accepted for Auction, Seller will immediately take all steps necessary to effect a transfer of the domain(s) to a registrar account designated by SnapNames. SnapNames will pay the transfer fee. Seller agrees that it will incur a $100 handling fee due SnapNames should Seller fail to effect the transfer before an Auction actually starts.

Well, I havnt read the terms & assuming this is correct I certainly will not be entering my names to this auction. deal breaker for me atleast.

•••
oh no..i dint read that part..i think i am gonna cancel my names too..

will they change that term ?

•••
anyone who agrees to transfer a domain prior to it being sold is making a HUGE mistake. this is an unreasonable (and ridiculous) request. it really bothers me that Snap let it's lawyers put this in the agreement. this is disrespectful to the domain owners who are providing the quality names so Snap can profit. i hope someone from Snap gets on here and explains that this is a mistake and apologizes for it. there is no justifying this and if they leave it in, this will certainly hurt their relationship with domainers. (at least one domainer i know for sure.)

•••
abcproductions said:
anyone who agrees to transfer a domain prior to it being sold is making a HUGE mistake. this is an unreasonable (and ridiculous) request. it really bothers me that Snap let it's lawyers put this in the agreement. this is disrespectful to the domain owners who are providing the quality names so Snap can profit. i hope someone from Snap gets on here and explains that this is a mistake and apologizes for it. there is no justifying this and if they leave it in, this will certainly hurt their relationship with domainers. (at least one domainer i know for sure.)

a lot will backout from this auction due to this reason..

•••
Coupons said:

agree...not worth it for a "lower end priced" domain and I wouldn't move a Great one either...

•••
well i've emailed them the link, they want to get their ass over here and sort it out. ie. delete the silly request/condition,or clear up that top registrars will be ok to leave them at, especially with their blatant hypocrisy........
It is 'THEY' who use the WORST registrars in the business lol. The cheapest wild west craphole resellers you can find and worse, when you 'win' a name lol

Snapnames have shot themselves in the foot enough times in the past month or two, don't u think? :imho: :sold:

•••
arnie said:
well i've emailed them the link, they want to get their ass over here and sort it out. ie. delete the silly request/condition,or clear up that top registrars will be ok to leave them at, especially with their blatant hypocrisy........
It is 'THEY' who use the WORST registrars in the business lol. The cheapest wild west craphole resellers you can find and worse, when you 'win' a name lol

Snapnames have shot themselves in the foot enough times in the past month or two, don't u think? :imho: :sold:

actually, Pool even beats them to it...I still can't get my name out of AwPool.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back