Watch

Charley

Striving To Be The BestVIP Member
Impact
SnapNames LIVETM AUCTIONS

@ DOMAINfestTM Global '08
Hollywood, CA, January 22 - 23, 2008

Submissions Open November 14, 2007

Anybody know the email address to submit the names. I haven't recieved a response from the customer center.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Kjel Holmberg here from SnapNames.com. Sorry to resurrect this post but I want to make sure that the correct info is out there. To clarify: It is NOT a requirement that potential Sellers in our live auction must transfer all of the names they submit to us for consideration. From the multiple thousands of domain submissions received we will in the end select only ~350 names for inclusion in the SnapNames Live Auction. At that point we will strongly encourage Sellers to transfer (which we will pay for) their name(s) to our registrar. If for whatever reason the Seller declines to transfer and their domain is subsequently sold, a handling fee will be assessed the Seller due to the manual work then required to ensure that the closed auction is promptly fulfilled. The issue we are trying to address with this policy is that other live domain auctions can sometimes take weeks or months to close if in fact they close at all; we want the process to be immediate for both Buyers and Sellers. If you have any questions please contact me directly: kjel@snapnames...

•••
Kjel said:
Kjel Holmberg here from SnapNames.com. Sorry to resurrect this post but I want to make sure that the correct info is out there. To clarify: It is NOT a requirement that potential Sellers in our live auction must transfer all of the names they submit to us for consideration. From the multiple thousands of domain submissions received we will in the end select only ~350 names for inclusion in the SnapNames Live Auction. At that point we will strongly encourage Sellers to transfer (which we will pay for) their name(s) to our registrar. If for whatever reason the Seller declines to transfer and their domain is subsequently sold, a handling fee will be assessed the Seller due to the manual work then required to ensure that the closed auction is promptly fulfilled. The issue we are trying to address with this policy is that other live domain auctions can sometimes take weeks or months to close if in fact they close at all; we want the process to be immediate for both Buyers and Sellers. If you have any questions please contact me directly: kjel@snapnames...

thanks for that info...was confusing for sure...

•••
have any of you submitted any names for this? I submitted about 10 - and 9 say "rejected" - 1 says 'submitted. don't know what that means - but maybe it's a maybe

•••
Kjel said:
If for whatever reason the Seller declines to transfer and their domain is subsequently sold, a handling fee will be assessed the Seller due to the manual work then required to ensure that the closed auction is promptly fulfilled.

Kjel, please let us know the specific amount of the handling fee.

•••
actually i agree. i'm gonna cancel the ones i submitted i think. a royal pain. mine are all at Moniker, if they think i'm gonna pay to transfer out to some crumby registrar they can forget it.
do they have any rep on here who can clear this up?
why they think they need to do this and no other major auctions do, is beyond me, especially when collectively they use the worst registrars on the planet themselves. its hilarious

Wow I didnt realise they expect you to transfer over first, forget it, I mean how successful is this system? That's there way of securing the domain if incase you decide not to sell it after the bidding has began. Buggers :yell:

kjel
From the multiple thousands of domain submissions received we will in the end select only ~350 names for inclusion in the SnapNames Live Auction. At that point we will strongly encourage Sellers to transfer (which we will pay for) their name(s) to our registrar.

From the multiple thousands, yeah so one out of 1000 will not have to transfer, what a loud of bollucks

Last edited:
•••
dannbkk said:
Wow I didnt realise they expect you to transfer over first, forget it, I mean how successful is this system? That's there way of securing the domain if incase you decide not to sell it after the bidding has began. Buggers :yell:

kjel

From the multiple thousands, yeah so one out of 1000 will not have to transfer, what a loud of bollucks

If you read what was said only the 350 selected for auction would be asked to transfer and that is to facilitate quick turnarounds if a sale. And the transfer pre auction is NOT compulsory.

"Kjel Holmberg here from SnapNames.com. Sorry to resurrect this post but I want to make sure that the correct info is out there. To clarify: It is NOT a requirement that potential Sellers in our live auction must transfer all of the names they submit to us for consideration"

•••
Kjel said:

ok, thanks Kjel.

i got this in an email from Michell in your office though when i raised the query the other week:

"To clarify, transferring domains that are accepted for the Live Auction
catalog is not a requirement. Sellers are only required to transfer
sold domains after the auction. "

this is one of the things you say Kjel which concerns me;

"If for whatever reason the Seller declines to transfer and their domain is subsequently sold, a handling fee will be assessed the Seller due to the manual work then required to ensure that the closed auction is promptly fulfilled."

thing is, if most domainers say have their domains at enom, godaddy and moniker, to pick three....... most domainers are happy to have a domain transferrred here, or at very least almost all domainers have an account at all three. its a business necessity for most of us. correct me if i'm wrong.
which registrar/s were you thinking of ????

•••
OK let me see if i can break it down for people here. To me it is pretty straight foward with no confusion....

1.Out of ALL the hundreds of thousands domains they will get (mine included) they are only goin to pick 350 PERIOD.

2.If 1 of your domains are picked THEN and ONLY THEN they will ask you "ok xxx.com is chosen for teh auction so please trnasfer the domain to zzz.com which is one (of about a hundred) reg they own.

3.NOW your choice is simple......push it there FOR FREE from your old reg and when it sells you do nothing but wait 1 week for the money....OR Say no I wont push it (even though its in the auction) and pay $100 EXTRA to push it once its sold.

4.IF you push the domain and its NOT sold......wow you just wait 60 days and push it back...all the while you STILL have total control at their reg to do all your dns changes, privacy if you want it etc etc...

Guys really this is NO BIG DEAL...I have domains at all the top reg (except fab) and use the snap reg as well with no problems what so ever......

If your domain is not picked then you fussed over nothing anyways :hehe:

•••
Nattydomain said:
....OR Say no I wont push it (even though its in the auction) and pay $100 EXTRA to push it once its sold.

4.IF you push the domain and its NOT sold......wow you just wait 60 days and push it back...all the while you STILL have total control at their reg to do all your dns changes, privacy if you want it etc etc...

Guys really this is NO BIG DEAL

who says it is $100 EXTRA to push if you decline to do it in advance? and why is it so much?

and you say NO BIG DEAL because no control is lost at this new registrar but it can be a problem for many of us with thousands of domains already spread over a few registrars. having one domain at a registrar not of my choosing can possibly lead to forgetting to transfer or renew. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. i have several now that i have picked up through snap that are at different registrars and it can become very cumbersome and inconvenient to keep track of this one over here...and that one over there...etc. snap (as well as the other domain auction companies) should make it as easy as possible for the domain owners. keeping our names at our current registrar(s) until they are sold is all we ask...and this is a reasonable request. if we have to wait longer for our payment, i'm sure most will understand and go along with it.

NOW...back to this $100 handling fee. where is this stated?

•••
abcproductions said:
who says it is $100 EXTRA to push if you decline to do it in advance? and why is it so much?

and you say NO BIG DEAL because no control is lost at this new registrar but it can be a problem for many of us with thousands of domains already spread over a few registrars. having one domain at a registrar not of my choosing can possibly lead to forgetting to transfer or renew. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. i have several now that i have picked up through snap that are at different registrars and it can become very cumbersome and inconvenient to keep track of this one over here...and that one over there...etc. snap (as well as the other domain auction companies) should make it as easy as possible for the domain owners. keeping our names at our current registrar(s) until they are sold is all we ask...and this is a reasonable request. if we have to wait longer for our payment, i'm sure most will understand and go along with it.

NOW...back to this $100 handling fee. where is this stated?

1...Yes snap has hundreds of diffrent reg BUT its simple to push......as long as 1 perosn has a snap name account then all those reg they own tie into each other.....all they have to do is log into manage.snapnames.com and can view ALL domains from ALL snap reg.

2. Here is the pricing from the Live Auction agreement...Hope this helps...

Pricing and Commissions:

For every name submitted by Seller and sold at the Auction, SnapNames, upon securing payment from the buyer, will within 5 business days remit 85% of the collected proceeds to the Seller. SnapNames and Seller will mutually agree upon reserve prices for any and all names submitted for Auction by Seller. The 'reserve price' is specifically understood to be the minimum sales price that SnapNames is allowed to sell the domain at during the Auction. SnapNames may retain an additional $100 from the proceeds due Seller as a handling fee should Seller fail to transfer the domain as described in section 6(b) below.

•••
It talks about the $100 fee in the Live Auction Sellers agreement.

•••
Simple really.

If this is a big deal to you... don't participate in the auction.
If these terms are acceptable... submit your names.

Just my opinion,
Mark

•••
I submitted a few names last week but snapnames has yet to set there reserve or let me know if they've accepted them. Anyone else?

•••
According to the Seller's agreement:

6. Seller Responsibilities:

Seller will:

a. Make available to SnapNames one or more domain names to sell.

b. To facilitate rapid order fulfillment at the close of an Auction, upon notification from SnapNames that a submitted name has been accepted for Auction, Seller will immediately take all steps necessary to effect a transfer of the domain(s) to a registrar account designated by SnapNames. SnapNames will pay the transfer fee. Seller agrees that it will incur a $100 handling fee due SnapNames should Seller fail to effect the transfer before an Auction actually starts.

--

I understand there are claims in this thread that say this $100 fee will only be taken from proceeds if the domain in question sells, however, according to the wording of this agreement, SnapNames legally has a right to charge the $100 whether the domain sells or not. I think it is a fair request to ask SnapNames to change the wording on the Seller Agreement to -- Seller agrees that it will incur a $100 handling fee due SnapNames should Seller fail to effect the transfer before an Auction actually starts and SnapNames sells the domain at auction and collects the sale proceeds from Buyer.

Can this be done KJEL?

•••
QUESTION: I'm submitting names with suggested reserve next to each name. But, the submission is not being accepted. How have others listed their names, i.e. in what format? I went ...

Domain.xxx $3000
Domain.xxx $3000
Domain.xxx $2500

But it's getting kicked back.

Thanks for advice.

•••
Carlton said:
QUESTION: I'm submitting names with suggested reserve next to each name. But, the submission is not being accepted. How have others listed their names, i.e. in what format? I went ...

Domain.xxx $3000
Domain.xxx $3000
Domain.xxx $2500

But it's getting kicked back.

Thanks for advice.

If you read on snapnames (above where you type in your names) it says the domain must be sperated from the price by a colon.

"Enter one domain name and reserve price per line, colon separated, no commas. For example mydomain.com:2500"

•••
ABC: That part of the agreement is meant to be read in conjunction with this from Sec 3: "SnapNames may retain an additional $100 from the proceeds due Seller as a handling fee should Seller fail to transfer the domain as described in section 6(b) below." It is not our intent to try to obligate a Seller for that payment if a name does not sell.

Carlton (and anyone else): We have a a couple of account managers dedicated just to assisting potential Sellers with their submissions. Reach them at 866-599-6121 or liveauctions@snapnames. . .

Remember, submissions close on December 11 so get those names to us soon.

•••
Thanks for clarifying KJEL. Your posts are appreciated.

•••
So far so good. Excellent customer service from Jonathan at Snapnames. Fast response and clear answers concerning the live auction. Thanks

•••
I am still in "submitted" mode and I have a potential sale with a client of buydomains. How do I go about to cancel a name I submitted?

Cheers and Merry Christmas :santa:

•••
doggyowner said:
I am still in "submitted" mode and I have a potential sale with a client of buydomains. How do I go about to cancel a name I submitted?

Cheers and Merry Christmas :santa:

Simply email them I would think, you are not obligated to sell it via snap at this stage much as they are not obliged to put your name on the auctionlist.

Good luck with the sale.

ps Maybe pm Kjel Holmberg

•••
Top operation. If you have problems or questions, pick up the phone. There are real people on the other end :)

•••
any updates from anyone on this one?
I have 3 'in review'

•••
mine say IN REVIEW as well

•••
i have about 10 in review,
i doubt if more than one will make it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back