Watch

Charley

Striving To Be The BestVIP Member
Impact
SnapNames LIVETM AUCTIONS

@ DOMAINfestTM Global '08
Hollywood, CA, January 22 - 23, 2008

Submissions Open November 14, 2007

Anybody know the email address to submit the names. I haven't recieved a response from the customer center.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Charley said:
Do you mean Snap is tasting these names ?
I have no idea what they are doing with them. I just thought it was funny that several names on the list that made it were actually unregistered.

•••
KingDon said:
Mine never made it to the table, there's no way they could look through 100K names; they did the best they could, with the team that they had. How many names could you research and validate in a day?

This kind of undertaking is easier said, than done.

there are 3 chars .com but they refused my friend`s LLL.com

I agree, they did not have time to review all of them so they symply "flushed them away".

•••
One of the seven gems that I submitted made it into the catalog....Now I just hope it sells :)

For those who also have names that have been picked....will you transfer the name to snapnames???

•••
-OutlawBiker- said:
I just thought it was funny that several names on the list that made it were actually unregistered.

Really bad on their part. I'll send them an email and enquire.

•••
Markith said:
One of the seven gems that I submitted made it into the catalog....Now I just hope it sells :)

For those who also have names that have been picked....will you transfer the name to snapnames???

I was thinking about this myself....it would save about $100 should a name sell. I think I am going to hold out and see what catalog my DN's get inserted into. I am thinking if they go to Live then I will transfer them because I believe they will go for a higher price. What are you going to do, Markith?

•••
Just looking at the first couple of hundred names listed, many are excellent; however, there are many that don't appear to be popular words/terms at all. Here are just a few of them that I don't understand (there are more):

dosher.com
deedra.com
chunki.com
caffex.com
iptvn.com
goido.com
redout.com
sandei.com
scrota.com

•••
ajldomains said:
I was thinking about this myself....it would save about $100 should a name sell. I think I am going to hold out and see what catalog my DN's get inserted into. I am thinking if they go to Live then I will transfer them because I believe they will go for a higher price. What are you going to do, Markith?

I think I will do the same thing....how long before we will know which catalog our DN's are posted in??

verbster said:
Just looking at the first couple of hundred names listed, many are excellent; however, there are many that don't appear to be popular words/terms at all. Here are just a few of them that I don't understand (there are more):

dosher.com
deedra.com
chunki.com
caffex.com
iptvn.com
goido.com
redout.com
sandei.com
scrota.com

verbster I noticed that too and figured they had meanings in other languages, but there are some that I have to question snapnames judgement. I feel I could make a darn good argument for some of the names they rejected vs. those names you listed....oh well.

•••
Markith said:
I think I will do the same thing....how long before we will know which catalog our DN's are posted in??

I believe the finalized catalogs will be out on the 10th from what I read @ Snap.

Jim

•••
Anxiously :) waiting for SnapNames to release the official 'Live auction' and 'Extended auction' lists. Today, the 10th, is the day right?

•••
doggyowner said:
Today, the 10th, is the day right?

Yes.

I'd guess sometime in the noon, it'd be released.

•••
1 of my 15 names submitted also approved for auction

waiting for the final catalog lists

•••
I have still one "in review" as of 1pm EST. My other two are "Approved for Auction". This 3rd domain (which also appears in the prelim catalog) I had a higher reserve on so I dont know what they are doing. We'll see.

•••
guys, do you think it`s normal to list some 3 chars and not a Pure LLL.com ?

Or nice Geos but crappy unknown random 5 letters?

Come on , Snapnames did not have time to review all submitted names, they were just too many.

The preliminary catalogue contains too many average names and not including a fine LLL.com wwas just bad.

Even worse was their reply to my friend that was identycal in each word to the reply another guy and also me have got.

They simply could not handle it and do not even admit it. This is bad.

•••
Just got an email from SnapNames. Seems their official lists are slightly delayed.

... Final catalogs for the SnapNames Live Auction and Extended Auction are nearly complete. The selection was slowed by the sheer volume of 110,000 submissions. The quality of the results will be worth the wait.

On January 16, our exceptional list of names will be sorted into two catalogs.
Ongoing refinements will continue until the auctions begin.

•••
italiandragon said:
guys, do you think it`s normal to list some 3 chars and not a Pure LLL.com ?

Or nice Geos but crappy unknown random 5 letters?

Come on , Snapnames did not have time to review all submitted names, they were just too many.

The preliminary catalogue contains too many average names and not including a fine LLL.com wwas just bad.

Even worse was their reply to my friend that was identycal in each word to the reply another guy and also me have got.

They simply could not handle it and do not even admit it. This is bad.

Weirder, I thought none of my 100 had made the catalogue but a 17 letter, probably the worst (My opinion) of my submissions, is in. :(

•••
ajldomains said:
I have still one "in review" as of 1pm EST. My other two are "Approved for Auction". This 3rd domain (which also appears in the prelim catalog) I had a higher reserve on so I dont know what they are doing. We'll see.

It could be the high reserve that has it in review. I've got one that is still in review as well. It made it into the preliminary catalog, however, it was a domain that I really liked so I set it with a $25,000 reserve. I received notice that they are in the process of contacting people to "suggest" starting prices and I'm sure they'll be contacting me with a lower price. I think if I accept their price it will probally change the Review into Approved. If not, I'm guessing the review will change to Not Accepted.

Update: 1/13 :'( They wrote back suggesting a $2,500 reserve and I said no. Guess I'm not in their auction this time.

Last edited:
•••
It could be the high reserve that has it in review. I've got one that is still in review as well. It made it into the preliminary catalog, however, it was a domain that I really liked so I set it with a $25,000 reserve. I received notice that they are in the process of contacting people to "suggest" starting prices and I'm sure they'll be contacting me with a lower price. I think if I accept their price it will probally change the Review into Approved. If not, I'm guessing the review will change to Not Accepted.

I think you were right. My "in review" changed to "accepted". It was the one with my highest listed reserve out of the 3 I have in this auction, but nowhere near your $25K requested reserve price.

My thinking was keep my reserves low and I would have a better chance of getting my names accepted - so I am batting 33% of my submissions and this is the first auction event I have ever submitted for. I am hoping they go to the live and not extended but either way I am satisfied. I'll flip em one way or the other!

Weirder, I thought none of my 100 had made the catalogue but a 17 letter, probably the worst (My opinion) of my submissions, is in.

I was also a little surprised that my names were selected, however, i honestly don't think they will be in the live catalog looking at some of the great names that are there - which in my mind means they won't sell anyways.

How much activity/bidding do you guys think the Extended Catalog will receive? I was looking yesterday at DomainTools auction and to me it seemed like there was not a lot of bidding going on; yes, a few sold but overall it seemed to be a pretty slow auction.

Opinions?

Jim

•••
I have one name there which I accepted their recommended reserve price $10k

The current status changed to "Pending Auction Acceptance"

Does this "Auction" mean Live Auction?

•••
owntype said:
I have one name there which I accepted their recommended reserve price $10k

The current status changed to "Pending Auction Acceptance"

Does this "Auction" mean Live Auction?

I guess its subject to approve either live or extended auction.
1 of mine is accepted and another one is showing "Waiting for Approval" after changing reserve price.

•••
i rec'd an email a few days ago confirming one of my names was in and they asked me to contact a specific SnapNames rep to coordinate my free transfer to a Snap registrar or Moniker. i sent an email asking for assistance to transfer to my Moniker account but have not received a reply. i'm hoping i get a response by tomorrow evening. if anyone has transferred "free" to Moniker since having a name accepted, please post here. thanks and good luck to those with names involved.

•••
I am waiting a response to transfer to my snapnames account. Has anyone started or completed a transfer yet? thanks!

•••
Markith said:
I am waiting a response to transfer to my snapnames account. Has anyone started or completed a transfer yet? thanks!

i have initiated the transfer for one of my names. at first i thought it was an inconvenient and ridiculous request to transfer to them but i already have a domain at a SnapNames registrar so its not my only name with them PLUS it's nice to get a free one-year registration extension and avoid the $100 fee if it sells.

•••
Markith said:

I see that my domain is in their catalog. However, I only now agreed to their reserve. So don't worry, you're probably not the last person to get a response from them. They are just probably waiting for the few remaining procrastinators whom were slow to accept their reserves.

Last edited:
•••
Are they going to release live and extended catalog today?

•••
onlinelife said:
Are they going to release live and extended catalog today?
Dont think they will release it today. Below is the latest info from their web site, https://www.snapnames.com/liveAuctionsInventory.do.

Catalog Update: Due to the large number of submissions, the Live Auction and Extended Auction catalogs are not yet finalized. All SnapNames customers and DOMAINfest Global attendees will be notified by email when the final catalogs are available. Thank you for your patience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back