Dynadot

discuss Some things you should know about XYZ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HostGeeks.com

Top Member
Impact
I would like to first start off showing the perspective I got from XYZ when I first saw it and it seems like reddit users got the same perspective. (Note: these claims are NOT confirmed, but this how people see XYZ)

1689527770235.png

1689527780945.png

1689527795233.png

1689527806511.png

1689527837226.png

1689527857264.png

1689527870358.png

1689527891333.png

1689527914151.png

1689527979565.png

1689527990501.png

1689528031325.png

1689528039022.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Next thing to know, to many internet users, it's just a set of random letters. In the US, some people understand that XYZ can mean "all kinds of things." However, people in other countries mostly do not know what XYZ stands for. For instance, Germans, Spaniards, Italians, and Arabs might ask, "XYZ? What is that?" So with that in mind, why not use a country code like .tc, .ga, etc.? It's all the same to them.

Last edited:
•••
Next thing: massive discrepancy in sales:

Look what sold a couple days ago:
1689528261191.png

Yet other domains sold allegedly for $XX,XXX huh?

Look at this:
1689528351354.png

You are telling me a weird long domain sold for XX,XXX yet sale.xyz sold for less than $500 . how is that possible, this shows you the tld is not valuable. THIS TLD HAS BEEN UP SINCE 2014 SURELY SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO SNAG SALE.XYZ IF IT WAS WORTH IT

Last edited:
•••
•••
ALSO THIS IS A BIG ONE:

WATCH OUT FOR POPULAR DOMAINERS SHOWING OFF THEIR XYZ SALES.

IT IS NOTHING FOR A COMPANY TO PAY A COUPLE THOUSAND DOLLARS TO BUY A POPULAR DOMAINER'S DOMAIN KNOWING THEY WILL REPORT THE SALE ONLINE.

(I DON'T KNOW IF THIS HAS HAPPENED BUT KNOW THIS STRATGEY)

IF I KNOW YOU ARE A POPULAR DOMAINER AND I WANT TO CONVINCE OTHER PEOPLE TO BUY MY TLD, I WILL BUY YOUR DOMAIN TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE DOMAIN IS GETTING SALES KNOWING YOU ARE GOING TO REPORT THAT SALE

•••
Next thing: massive discrepancy in sales:

Look what sold a couple days ago:
Show attachment 242800

Yet other domains sold allegedly for $XX,XXX huh?

Look at this:
Show attachment 242801

You are telling me a weird long domain sold for XX,XXX yet sale.xyz sold for less than $500 . how is that possible, this shows you the tld is not valuable. THIS TLD HAS BEEN UP SINCE 2014 SURELY SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO SNAG SALE.XYZ IF IT WAS WORTH IT

Dont be a hate boy if you are late to .xyz train , I have only 1 .xyz which is : Lead .xyz and i have rejected many offers for it ( one was starting five figure from a saas venture ) , it has normal renewal fees of 10$ while the ones you are mentioning here are with hefty renewals which i can agree on is a downside of .xyz registry.

•••
Dont be a hate boy if you are late to .xyz train , I have only 1 .xyz which is : Lead .xyz and i have rejected many offers for it ( one was starting five figure from a saas venture ) , it has normal renewal fees of 10$ while the ones you are mentioning here are with hefty renewals which i can agree on is a downside of .xyz registry.
Hater, misogynistic, racist—same old shame language . Yet, I have presented my argument. Take it or leave it.

•••
We got your point , now there is no need to start more & more threads here on xyz

Better is to keep one same thread for your arguments on .xyz so i can ignore that thread 👍

Last edited:
•••
This is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect

Dude is really showing expired domain auctions or drop pickups as some sort of evidence of a giant conspiracy.

You should probably head on back over to Reddit where you belong.

Last edited:
•••
This is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect

Dude is really showing expired domain auctions or drop pickups as some sort of evidence of a giant conspiracy.

You should probably head on back over to Reddit where you belong.
I don't have an account on reddit.

So let me understand if it is an expired auction that would drop the value that much that it will be pennies on the dollar, or is that just for XYZ domains? Because we know sale.com wouldn't fetch that low amount.

•••
So, if you saw sale.com being sold for low 3 figure amounts, it wouldn't raise any eyebrows for you, since you've noticed other domains of lesser value getting sold at auction for much more.

Your argument doesn't make sense. Even if it's an auction, if it's a good domain, it will be purchased for more than that.

•••
Lol. Ok dude.

Some things you should know about .xyz:

- It is perfectly fine just like any other extension.
- I receive more spam and warnings from dot-com imitator sites than any other extension period, but I don't go posting BS about it
- Have never ever had an issue with dot-xyz being blocked anywhere
- with dot-xyz, it's not a case of a "reputable ending", it's a case of malaligned opinions

I am almost sick of wasting my breath, why are some you guys so weird on this extension, what are you worried about?? Have you ever actually looked at real world usage, with successful sites?

btw I have like 4 dot-xyz domains don't worry this is not an agenda it's just the principle of the hogwash I'm seeing.

•••
Screenshot_2023-07-17-03-08-04-831_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

If you are building a community project where all the referred or direct then go ahead.

Most of these .xyz sales I have seen are common,

Don't have a premium renewal (Premium renewal also sells but you will be surprised seeing the price oh you already put some in the example)

Crypto or NFT related where the community is first

Web3 startup maybe later they upgrade to .com but as a domainer you want to sell regardless of .whatever

Last edited:
•••
Time to stop haha. I was very skeptical at first about Swetha, that amount of domains she own amazed me, but after reading several threads here on forum how she became to what she has now since mid '10s and how low-price .xyz were back in the days, I must admit I was wrong, all this conspiracy highly likely is bs.
Yes, .xyz somehow looks fancy for some and popular in crypto community, why bother? It's all gossips and nothing more.

The most ridiculous conspiracy claim I've seen here is that DN in her nickname @DNGear stands for... Daniel Negari.
Wow, recently passed away (sorry for bothering your soul) forum member @DNKingpin must be involved in xyz-scam too, right? Right?..
Time to stop and relax I guess.

•••
Last edited:
•••
So, if you saw sale.com being sold for low 3 figure amounts, it wouldn't raise any eyebrows for you, since you've noticed other domains of lesser value getting sold at auction for much more.

Your argument doesn't make sense. Even if it's an auction, if it's a good domain, it will be purchased for more than that.

Once brought heaven com for $50 ... foolish me :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
Spamhaus blog 2022

Getting the low-down from XYZ Registry on combating domain abuse

XYZ’s best practice on new domains and email deliverability

DNW 2022

One of my .xyz domains was suspended. Here’s how I fixed it

DI 2022

Email Deliverability May Still be Issue for XYZ (Updated)

Squatter ... selling Spamhaus .xyz

Correlated? in last 7 days: BlueSkyWeb.xyz raises $8M , Sound.xyz raises $20M ... and more.

As of 17 July 2023 the TLDs with the worst reputations for spam operations are:

Show attachment 242845
Did you buy heaven.com before the .com boom? if you did then the yes it is palusiable, but as far as sale.xyz this was bought in 2023 after alllllllll of XYZ's reported "sales".

•••
Spamhaus blog 2022

Getting the low-down from XYZ Registry on combating domain abuse

XYZ’s best practice on new domains and email deliverability

DNW 2022

One of my .xyz domains was suspended. Here’s how I fixed it

DI 2022

Email Deliverability May Still be Issue for XYZ (Updated)

Squatter ... selling Spamhaus .xyz

Correlated? in last 7 days: BlueSkyWeb.xyz raises $8M , Sound.xyz raises $20M ... and more.

As of 17 July 2023 the TLDs with the worst reputations for spam operations are:

Show attachment 242845
Ah so they are fixing the spam problem, that makes it better... Also who posted some of those articles you shared? oh the team at XYZ

Last edited:
•••
Ah so they are fixing the spam problem, that makes it better... Also who posted some of those articles you shared? oh the team at XYZ
Still better than quoting two year old posts from some bottom feeders on Reddit as one of your main sources for argument.

May I ask, how is it that you acquire your domain inventory? Because it seems like you have a clear lack of understanding of how most domainers get good deals on domains to sell for profit. I'm guessing you're just another red hand-regger? What sales do you have? Have you made many end user sales? I only ask because you smell like a total jealous and misinformed loser to me.

If you really dont have a reddit account, which I suspect is just another petty lie, then you should certainly consider it. You would fit right in.

Last edited:
•••
Still better than quoting two year old posts from some bottom feeders on Reddit as one of your main sources for argument.

May I ask, how is it that you acquire your domain inventory? Because it seems like you have a clear lack of understanding of how most domainers get good deals on domains to sell for profit. I'm guessing you're just another red hand-regger? What sales do you have? Have you made many end user sales? I only ask because you smell like a total jealous and misinformed loser to me
1. I have quoted posts from 8 months ago.

2. That wasn't my main source of argument

3. Don't worry about how I get my domains but I buy the established .COM

4. Lack of understanding comes from pushing a suspious TLD like you are,

5. Even if I was, does that change what I said and many others have said?

6. Again even if I was jealous, does facts change?

7. I never had a reddit account, you made an assumption out of thin air so your suspious is off the mark let your assessment of xyz , you can access reddit without an account.

You are really the misinformed one, but I will not call you a loser or a liar because that behavior is beneath me.

Last edited:
•••
These are your arguments:
Bottom feeders
lack of understanding
red hand regger
total jealous
misinformed loser
petty lie
you fit right in

Last edited:
•••
1. I have quoted posts from 8 months ago.

2. That wasn't my main source of argument

3. Don't worry about how I get my domains but I buy the established .COM

4. Lack of understanding comes from pushing a suspious TLD like you are,

5. Even if I was, does that change what I said and many others have said?

6. Again even if I was jealous, does facts change?

7. I never had a reddit account, you made an assumption out of thin air so your suspious is off the mark let your assessment of xyz , you can access reddit without an account.

You are really the misinformed one, but I will not call you a loser or a liar because that behavior is beneath me.

1 - A range of uneducated speculation starting from 2 years ago down to 8 months ago.
2 - It was literally the entirety of your first and main post, that isn't a main source of argument?
3 - Not worried about it, but its obvious you don't understand how secondary domain markets work when your main argument that xyz sales are a lie is based on finding sales in the secondary domainer market.
4 - When have I ever "pushed" the xyz tld? I have only a few dozen xyz domains at this time. Just because someone calls you out for blatant non sense when ignorantly bashing a TLD and its investors, does not mean I'm pushing the TLD. Any average adult should be able to understand the difference.
5 - No, it just makes you wrong while trying to bash others, aka jealous losers.
6 - Nope, you (and others) are just completely (and laughably) wrong about your dumb little conspiracy theory.
7 - Never had a Reddit account but opened your idiotic post with a Reddit screenshot? lol, ok

What is beneath you? Certainly not accusing people you dont even know of being scam artists and liars out of pure jealousy. I think the word I used is both accurate and justified. I think very little is beneath you, geeker.

Last edited:
•••
These are your arguments:
Bottom feeders
lack of understanding
red hand regger
total jealous
misinformed loser
petty lie
you fit right in

Sums you up pretty well, I'd say :ROFL:

•••
it’s not from a man’s character to insult others. This is my last post to you

•••
it’s not from a man’s character to insult others. This is my last post to you
Great, now just work on not parading around the forum like an ignorant conspiracy theorist trying to lie about others' success. Oh, and maybe try learning about how domaining actually works.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back