Dynadot

discuss Some things you should know about XYZ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HostGeeks.com

Top Member
Impact
I would like to first start off showing the perspective I got from XYZ when I first saw it and it seems like reddit users got the same perspective. (Note: these claims are NOT confirmed, but this how people see XYZ)

1689527770235.png

1689527780945.png

1689527795233.png

1689527806511.png

1689527837226.png

1689527857264.png

1689527870358.png

1689527891333.png

1689527914151.png

1689527979565.png

1689527990501.png

1689528031325.png

1689528039022.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can confirm that these opinions from Reddit listed in the original post appear to be true.

•••
I can confirm that these opinions from Reddit listed in the original post appear to be true.

It's not just Reddit. Generally speaking, people are not a fan. Same for extension like .horse, wtf, lol.

However, XYZ was embraced by a market with a lot of capital to waste. Kinda like people were spending shit loads of money on ape avatars. It's crap, holds no value but there are people with deep pockets who dig it.

As an investor, you go where the the money is.

If people want to be successful, they should put their emotions aside.

•••
As an investor, you go where the the money is.

Exactly!

The rebranding facing most of the xyz candidates. You need to be able to identify their progress during the ongoing funding + expansion of customer base. A first-check fund will eventually build on - form - the project, the second round will establish the direction, etc. F.e. After receiving the first-round fund, Morpho.best acquires Morpho.org and rebrands. Many projects didn't manage to attract $ or refuse to dance w the VCs (rules) like X.xyz ... abandoned project.

Regards

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
How does it fit my agenda it says Posted By XYZ right there! With another person idk who that person is

That's the point. Any conclusion should always be backed by in-deep research / due diligence / connected dots = facts.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
That's the point. A conclusion should always be backed by in-deep research / due diligence / connected dots = facts.

Regards
What are you talking about, XYZ is a co-writer in that post, doesn't matter who the other person.
Anyways this my last post for this thread

Last edited:
•••
What are you talking about, XYZ is a co-writer in that post, doesn't matter who the other person.
Anyways this my last post for this thread

Interview with XYZ by Spamhaus MD ("Posted by" or "Author" - common Blog function/title)

Regards

Last edited:
•••
xyz is terrible investment for domainers. Almost all domain investors lost money in it. Thats not conspiracy its a fact. Crazy renewal prices on xyz is pure scam thats not even debated. People who pushing xyz extensions have no way to sell their names to other domainers. They are stuck with this crap. Swetha is one exception to the rule. She got thousands of good names at regular renewals. Noone can match it today. Its like trying to do domaining like guys in the 90's who hand registered car.com. Please stop pushing XYZ crap on other domainers. Everyone knows its a losing money trap by now. If it was great investment then xyz investors would keep it to themselves so not to have competition. Since its complete disaster they want to get other people to buy their shit because otherwise they stuck with it.

•••
Of course you are right. And every sane person and domainer knows this. But I think that there is much more to it than that.

•••
Next thing: massive discrepancy in sales:

Look what sold a couple days ago:
Show attachment 242800

Yet other domains sold allegedly for $XX,XXX huh?

Look at this:
Show attachment 242801

You are telling me a weird long domain sold for XX,XXX yet sale.xyz sold for less than $500 . how is that possible, this shows you the tld is not valuable. THIS TLD HAS BEEN UP SINCE 2014 SURELY SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO SNAG SALE.XYZ IF IT WAS WORTH IT
Sale.xyz has a $3500 renewal price.
Girl.xyz has a $350 renewal price.
Chop.xyz has a standard renewal price.

•••

Show attachment 242800

Look at this:
Show attachment 242801

You are telling me a weird long domain sold for XX,XXX yet sale.xyz sold for less than $500 . how is that possible, this shows you the tld is not valuable. THIS TLD HAS BEEN UP SINCE 2014 SURELY SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO SNAG SALE.XYZ IF IT WAS WORTH IT

Comparing end-user sales & auction sales.

Very logic, much rational.. WOW! 🐶

•••
We all know XYZ has a huge marketing team and sometimes it seems like they send people to harrass people questioning Swetha's sales, to insult them or accuse them of slander. Money laundering is always very hard to prove but use your best judgment to avoid getting screwed. Experienced domainers mostly say XYZ is bullshit, but then you've got a few oddballs who swear up and down that it's a gold mine and they are getting rich. I think a few people do get swept up in the hype, for example I knew a guy who hand-regged an XYZ to protect his company's COM name. But real sales are driven by business and no businesses are actually using XYZ. That is the smoking gun to this whole thing. How is a crappy TLD worth a billion dollars a year when nobody builds domains on it?

The "abc" of something is the beginning of knowledge, and "xyz" is the completion of knowledge. That makes XYZ more akin to .info than .com, but .info (or even a weakly-related .com) is of course more obvious as an "info" domain than .xyz. Then you factor in all the negative press, scams, etc., and it seems unlikely that many people would choose an XYZ domain for their business.

Last edited:
•••
Someone is adding my domains to cart and having fun.
What wpuld happen? They will be relisted back to normal after 24 hours.
Ex: Hamza.xyz
Whoever wanted they can directly send a DM? BTW i could offer it for a cheaper pricei in NP.

Last edited:
•••
But real sales are driven by business and no businesses are actually using XYZ.
Sound.xyz raised $20 million in funding Link

N.xyz raised raises $40M Series A, Led by Paradigm.xyz, to Enable Faster Blockchain Indexing Link

I can put countless example but keeping it sort.

It's stupid to say that's no business are using .xyz

Last edited:
•••
•••
Either side I don't care. I investigated the "web3" claim some users are pushing and asked ChatGPT.

Me:some users state that .xyz is web3? is this true? if so, what makes it web3 versus .com?

ChatGPT4:

The concept of Web3, or the third version of the internet, often refers to a future iteration of the web that incorporates decentralization and blockchain technology. This new version of the internet is envisioned to be less dependent on centralized authorities, with more direct user control and peer-to-peer interactions.

However, as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the use of a particular top-level domain (TLD) like .xyz or .com does not inherently make a website "Web3." It is not the domain itself but the technologies used by the website or platform that would categorize it as part of Web1, Web2, or Web3.

Web1 refers to the early days of the internet where content was mostly static and read-only. Web2, the version of the internet most prevalent as of 2021, is characterized by interactive content, social media, and a high degree of centralization in companies like Google, Facebook, and Amazon.

Web3 is seen as the next evolution, with the potential to be more decentralized, privacy-focused, and utilizing blockchain technology to enable things like cryptocurrency transactions, smart contracts, and decentralized applications (dApps).

If people are saying that .xyz is "Web3," they might mean that it's becoming a popular choice for new projects associated with blockchain, cryptocurrencies, or other aspects of the envisioned Web3. However, simply having a .xyz domain does not inherently involve any of the technologies or decentralization associated with Web3.

•••
TL;DR
The .xyz domain is a generic top-level domain (TLD) introduced in 2014 for any individual or organization. Its use does not inherently make a platform part of Web3, the envisioned decentralized version of the internet. Web3 is characterized by the use of blockchain technology, not by a specific domain name like .xyz. However, .xyz may be popular among projects associated with Web3 concepts.

•••
Men lie.
Women lie.
But the truth is in the numbers.

XYZ sales volume has dropped 80% YoY.

XYZ is a inherently meaningless term.

.com = commercial, commerce (the bedrock of the Web)
.org = organization
.net = network
cctlds = country codes

Domainers are dropping thousands daily.

XYZ is a zombie extension at best.

•••
I like .xyz

its the best new TLD.

please when reporting aftermarket sales include renewal price.

anyone up for a debate - ill be there as Pro .xyz anytime, namepros chat, twitter space or clubhouse

Page

•••
So, if you saw sale.com being sold for low 3 figure amounts, it wouldn't raise any eyebrows for you, since you've noticed other domains of lesser value getting sold at auction for much more.

Your argument doesn't make sense. Even if it's an auction, if it's a good domain, it will be purchased for more than that.
Speaking of arguments that don’t make sense.

If Sold.com was listed for under 1000 dollars I would suspect fraud immediately. Then I would try and buy it or raise the bid immediately.

Last edited:
•••
I was VP of Engineering at XYZ. I was there during the launch, the penny sale and more. I know Daniel personally. He is extraordinarily smart. Furthermore, I know the hard working people that keep the business running. Brilliant and devoted people.

Daniel is easily one of the most intuitive businessmen I have ever met. He is usually 3 steps ahead of the pack on things no one else has really heard about yet. If that sort of thing will make you jealous. Daniel … will make you crazy.
But it’s not his fault that he is good at something while … others … are not.

Regarding Sold.xyz

I originally bought sold.xyz during the presale. Sold it years later for 35 bucks here on NP. It’s not surprising it went on sav.com for 500.

I just sold another 3L with low reregistration for $495 this month. Why? Cuz I wanted the money. If the guy who bought it from me sells it next week for 1M is that a scam?? No I just don’t know what I’m doing. And I deserve the punishment.
Base.xyz I auctioned for 4500 on Sedo. I was hopping for a Swetha sized cash out. Who knows why. That was the price. I originally sold it to a guy in AU, then bought it back to put it on Sedo. I made 500 bucks after all was said and done.

Lead.xyz - I sold that one too here too. 35 bucks. It was my “im tired of paying for these domains moment of idiocy”. I applaud the guy for turning down 5 figures. It could be worth 6 figures to the right company.

I’ve sold xyzs for 4 and 5 figures on names that I would struggle to justify even renewing every year. Weird stuff I’d bought on a whim.

Who ever Swetha is or not is not the issue. Sitting with, what you may think is , a very valuable 3L.xyz for years with not one offer, that hurts.

But my inkling is, if you tried more, better, harder you could figure out how to sell your precious domains for an amount that would make you happy.

Maybe send out a few emails to prospects instead of investing a girl in India who seems to have figured it out.

In terms of sysadmins blocking the extension… I’d worry more about .dev than .xyz. I’ve actually had problems with .dev irl.

Anyway get out there and make some money. Look at where you can do better. Most importantly, good luck.

Ed Anisko

•••

Show attachment 242800

Look at this:
Show attachment 242801

I don't think you know the difference between an auction sale reported and an end user sale reported

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back