NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have an offer for L/I/K/T .com . What do you think? Price range for this LLLL.com domain?

•••
I have an offer for L/I/K/T .com . What do you think? Price range for this LLLL.com domain?

$10 to $10,000 depending on the buyer.

Is it a domainer? An enduser?

•••

It will be interesting to see if the LLLL com buyout holds up.

I think it will as some inexperienced domainers and fancy collectors will get these domains.

•••
$10 to $10,000 depending on the buyer.

Is it a domainer? An enduser?

I think it is a domainer. I've received the offer in twitter after sending a #domainforsale tweet .

•••
Captured LLLL.com (CVCC.com brandable to be exact) through NameJet pending delete list only bidder and everything looked pretty ok, suddenly I received message from NameJet locking me for fraud my account and refunding the 60 USD. I send all the ID and documents asked and they delay all the process... in the meantime I saw they managed to capture the domain through ENOM (Partners) and one day later is listed in SEDO to make an offer.

I wonder if someone else experienced this kind of issue... I´m really in shock and of course I already give up on it and not even inten to make any offer since anyway that domain name sucks but wanted to keep it in my portfolio for a year...

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

More dirty practices... GoDaddy. You search the closeout section at autions and click on buy now domain, it goes to your cart and delete it.

Try to find it again and you are redirected to their brokers service. pay 69 but the domain is already expired, and registered with GoDaddy...

Had you bought it inmediately: 20 USD deleting it from the cart and finding it again: who knows.

Nice tune to the code of their site able to guess if there is interest, kind of tasting the domain.

•••
Captured LLLL.com (CVCC.com brandable to be exact) through NameJet pending delete list only bidder and everything looked pretty ok, suddenly I received message from NameJet locking me for fraud my account and refunding the 60 USD. I send all the ID and documents asked and they delay all the process... in the meantime I saw they managed to capture the domain through ENOM (Partners) and one day later is listed in SEDO to make an offer.

I wonder if someone else experienced this kind of issue... I´m really in shock and of course I already give up on it and not even inten to make any offer since anyway that domain name sucks but wanted to keep it in my portfolio for a year...

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

More dirty practices... GoDaddy. You search the closeout section at autions and click on buy now domain, it goes to your cart and delete it.

Try to find it again and you are redirected to their brokers service. pay 69 but the domain is already expired, and registered with GoDaddy...

Had you bought it inmediately: 20 USD deleting it from the cart and finding it again: who knows.

Nice tune to the code of their site able to guess if there is interest, kind of tasting the domain.

I don't know what happened with Namejet; I don't trust them, so shady practices do not surprise me at all.

However, it is possible that the former owner renewed the domain, a common occurrence with pre-release domains.

Why your account could be locked for fraud is a mystery. Can you think of any behavior on your part that might have flagged your account? I'm not suggesting that you did anything wrong, but perhaps you changed an email contact, credit card, etc.

As for Godaddy: Once you deleted the domain from your cart, it's quite possible someone else snagged it, which is why you were directed to domain brokerage.

Why don't you call or email support and find out?

•••

It will be interesting to see if the LLLL com buyout holds up.

It will be even more interesting if Snoop comes back into the picture if it fails.:bah:

•••
Thanks for your two cents

I don't know what happened with Namejet; I don't trust them, so shady practices do not surprise me at all.

However, it is possible that the former owner renewed the domain, a common occurrence with pre-release domains.

Why your account could be locked for fraud is a mystery. Can you think of any behavior on your part that might have flagged your account? I'm not suggesting that you did anything wrong, but perhaps you changed an email contact, credit card, etc.

As for Godaddy: Once you deleted the domain from your cart, it's quite possible someone else snagged it, which is why you were directed to domain brokerage.

Why don't you call or email support and find out?

Well, I obviously don´t care too much about it but it´s been a good lesson in case I will care in the future about some Name... it´s clear to me that with thousands of names dropping every day once they detect some interest they do everything possible to increase the price since 8 USD is so small for such a big thing possibility. Today you may always be the next big startup thingy and if you manage to capture some nice short name your success is easier...

•••

I suspect that most of the expiring Godaddy LLLL currently at auction belong to the same person; I have done a random check, and the ones I have checked are 6 years old and under privacy.

If that is the case, then most of these will be snapped up, one way or another. I have won some (very few) and have my eye on a few others, but I do not plan to go hog wild with these.

Still, it may be worthwhile to pick up a few.

•••

I suspect that most of the expiring Godaddy LLLL currently at auction belong to the same person; I have done a random check, and the ones I have checked are 6 years old and under privacy.

If that is the case, then most of these will be snapped up, one way or another. I have won some (very few) and have my eye on a few others, but I do not plan to go hog wild with these.

Still, it may be worthwhile to pick up a few.

Must update my comment since finally I have been unblocked from namejet and returned the domain I won with no other bidders. It was a LLLL.com pronounceable for a client Im working with so must admit that I´m really happy.

I guess that these sites want to test names for monetization purposes and once they saw no global interest they took the 60 USD offered... that still give plenty of ROI for them...

•••

Some owners may be having second thoughts about letting their LLLL coms go; one of my Godaddy wins was renewed at $80.00 redemption (and I paid only $5.00 BIN + renewal.

•••
LLLL.com still holding

Some owners may be having second thoughts about letting their LLLL coms go; one of my Godaddy wins was renewed at $80.00 redemption (and I paid only $5.00 BIN + renewal.

Just now September 2nd, 2012, I bulk-checked and there are no LLLL.com´s for fresh register... so the minimun you need is to pay 60-80 USD through snapnames, godaddy auctions or namejet if you want to grab one.

I manage to grab two for end users purpose, first acronym and second apps name.

So somehow someone is keeping them tight even though many worth nothing as we already know.

•••
Just now September 2nd, 2012, I bulk-checked and there are no LLLL.com´s for fresh register... so the minimun you need is to pay 60-80 USD through snapnames, godaddy auctions or namejet if you want to grab one.

So somehow someone is keeping them tight even though many worth nothing as we already know.

All LLLL.com have been bought-out and have not been available to hand register since Nov 2, 2007. Five year anniversary is in two months :tu:

•••
K-I-C-T .com and E-G-S-O .com . What do you think, Price range for this LLLL.com domain ?!

Last edited:
•••

On 8/31, there were about 100 BIN LLLL com closeouts available on Godaddy ($5.00-$11.00 + renewal).

I even picked one up for $5.00 (8/31)--whether or not it makes it through redemption week remains to be seen (One that I won on 8/28 was renewed).

On 9/1, the BINs were all gone and all the expiring (with 5 days left) had at least one bid.

The BINs either got renewed or someone bought them all up. All one person? I don't know, but...

I'm not sure buying up a bunch of random LLLL is a wise financial move. A few might be okay.

Most of those closeouts were unpronounceable mixes of q's, x's, and z's.

A few gemlets were mixed in, though.

•••

On 8/31, there were about 100 BIN LLLL com closeouts available on Godaddy ($5.00-$11.00 + renewal).

I even picked one up for $5.00 (8/31)--whether or not it makes it through redemption week remains to be seen (One that I won on 8/28 was renewed).

On 9/1, the BINs were all gone and all the expiring (with 5 days left) had at least one bid.

The BINs either got renewed or someone bought them all up. All one person? I don't know, but...

I'm not sure buying up a bunch of random LLLL is a wise financial move. A few might be okay.

Most of those closeouts were unpronounceable mixes of q's, x's, and z's.

A few gemlets were mixed in, though.

I think will be catches by snapnames and will auction over there. If not they will get deleted and catched by drop catchers. eBay is a good place to sell those deleted domains

•••
I agree with blademaster... they might probably have been caught by snapnames or namejet since they pay 5 and sell them easily there by 60 or even more if there´s competition... for them is a profit, not big deal but enough to grab them by 5... I managed to grab two of them for 5 USD at godaddy as well as I said before but now no more available... one of my catches for 5 USD was a 4 letter chinese very common name what surprised me a lot btw...

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

The LLLL com closeouts are back at Godaddy. As of 9/8/2012, there are both $10 and $11 BIN.

No quad premiums, although I saw at least one triple.

No pronounceables, though.

This may be your opportunity to pick up a low level LLLL.

Happy hunting!

•••

The LLLL com closeouts are back at Godaddy. As of 9/8/2012, there are both $10 and $11 BIN.

No quad premiums, although I saw at least one triple.

No pronounceables, though.

This may be your opportunity to pick up a low level LLLL.

Happy hunting!

They are all worthless IMHO... not even one chinese name or something... almost no vowels and impossible acronyms... they really filterede that list to be just crap ;)

•••
They are all worthless IMHO... not even one chinese name or something... almost no vowels and impossible acronyms... they really filterede that list to be just crap ;)

Generally, I agree.

But one person's trash is another's treasure.

I did see some triple premiums and some pronounceables.

None that would pass the radio test, however.

I would not recommend that someone (one person) snap up all the remaining closeout LLLL.

That would be a BAD idea, so if a newbie is reading this, take a deep breath and put away your credit card.

:)

UPDATE: Looks like the pronounceables are now gone.

Last edited:
•••
I agree most of them are not great. I still registered as I never had llll.com so bought few. Will see how it goes in the future.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back