IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nexa.com $20,302.00 9/6/2015 DropCatch
beautiful name

It sure is. I think you will start to see more pronounceable appealing names sell for prices like this in Q3/Q4 of this year. Less and less of the "PinYin" large sales, depending on the quality of course.

Godaddy Chinese premium letter LLLL.com's $500-$999 BIN range is continue to drying up

Good information, and great research. What is your interpretation of the data?

Is this just a reallocation of domains from people attempting to buy low and sell high?

•••
My 2 cents :

Flippa is not the best marketplace for LLLLs ( unless you want to spend 340$ in upsells or you are very good at marketing your auction )

@DomainVP data mean that there are fewer Chinese names for sale ( at auction ) as the majority has already been acquired by Chinese buyers or held by investors waiting for the end user to come around :xf.smile:

I am getting more and more emails for LLLLs with AEIOUV..price will increase for them as well in my view

•••
My 2 cents :

Flippa is not the best marketplace for LLLLs ( unless you want to spend 340$ in upsells or you are very good at marketing your auction )

@DomainVP data mean that there are fewer Chinese names for sale ( at auction ) as the majority has already been acquired by Chinese buyers or held by investors waiting for the end user to come around :xf.smile:

I am getting more and more emails for LLLLs with AEIOUV..price will increase for them as well in my view
I am getting more emails on these non Chinese premiums as well. Anyone had any success with these? It seems like when I get to the negotiation phase the buyer always just wants my Chinese premiums and doesn't want anything to do with the rest. Any other experiences out there?

•••
I have about 30 Chinese premium, but don't have a lot of time to study the market. Seems like there are mixed opinions here about whether the price for these domains has hit its zenith. Some say it will reach $1000 soon, others say the bubble has burst.

What's your opinion?

•••
I have about 30 Chinese premium, but don't have a lot of time to study the market. Seems like there are mixed opinions here about whether the price for these domains has hit its zenith. Some say it will reach $1000 soon, others say the bubble has burst.

What's your opinion?

The last time I saw this type of % price movement was in 2008 when remaining LLLL.COMs "sold out". People thought the sky was the limit. The bubble (and economy) burst soon after. Interesting to think this is a precursor to another economic down turn, especially with China's economy faultering

•••
This thread become pretty active again. I would be happy to see previous contributors to the thread again. I hope this time LLLL.com market will not fail. LLLL.net registrations and people holding to them without dropping would also increase the demand for LLLL.com

•••
Quess how many LLLL.com BIN domain names listed on Godaddy?
How many quad premiums, chinese premiums? check it up link

•••
What bubble? All I see is increasing demand and reducing supply.we even have websites dedicated to llll.com sales.off course prices are going to keep going up...for now...but probably not too fast sooner or later.this is a good spot to be in Domaining.patience will make a big difference in this niche right now.

•••
What bubble? All I see is increasing demand and reducing supply.we even have websites dedicated to llll.com sales.off course prices are going to keep going up...for now...but probably not too fast sooner or later.this is a good spot to be in Domaining.patience will make a big difference in this niche right now.

Many have not experienced bubbles, and it would make it difficult for those people to realize they are in one. The price moves here are indicitive of the "greater fools theory" of investments. Look it up if you are not familiar with it. I am an owner of many LLLL.coms but have sold quite a few into this price run-up. I would only say be careful as a buyer and consider taking some profits.

•••
Many have not experienced bubbles, and it would make it difficult for those people to realize they are in one. The price moves here are indicative of the "greater fools theory" of investments. Look it up if you are not familiar with it. I am an owner of many LLLL.coms but have sold quite a few into this price run-up. I would only say be careful as a buyer and consider taking some profits.

Paul is right. I own about 20 LLLL.coms and I just sold a LLLL.com (without AEIOUV) two days ago for $1,000 that 6 months ago I couldn't sell for $100. Did suddenly LLLL.coms become more useful or is the price increase because the price is increasing (a.k.a. bubble)?

Buyers see the other LLLL.coms going for higher prices and think they can grab it now, hold it for a few months, and then double or triple their money. Eventually the amount of buyers will run out and the price will fall down, probably not to the bottom but definitely not near the peak. So maybe the LLLL.com I just sold won't be worth $1000 but will still be worth more than $100, perhaps $300 to $500.

•••
•••
what is the current minimum wholesale price for 4l.com?

I mean non-premium 4L.com the bad ones?

•••
what is the current minimum wholesale price for 4l.com?

I mean non-premium 4L.com the bad ones?

Looks like, based on my latest Namepros auction results as well as few PMs received (asking for LLLL.com up to/ at USD100 per piece), floor is probably slightly above 100.

•••
I have some american premiums, chinese premiums, and some really bad crap names. Thinking it may be time to reap some of the value in them.

Where do you get the best after-commission value for LLLL.coms? Godaddy, Sedo, NP, or ... ? Meaning highest price after the sales commission is paid.

•••
Where do you get the best after-commission value for LLLL.coms? Godaddy, Sedo, NP, or ... ? Meaning highest price after the sales commission is paid.

Best I can figure, this is the best way (at least deciding between GD/Sedo):

1) IF you are paying the $59 for a direct listing at SEDO (so that you can auction when you want and have a reserve), it only makes commission sense IF you are expecting the sale price to be over $1200, at their15%.
2) If not paying for a direct auction then obviously the 15% commission at sedo is better than the 20% fee at GD.
1) If your domain is at GD, the perk is that you can run an auction with no starting fee, set the minimum starting bid AND end the auction early too if no bids on it yet... but the 20% is a doozy.

But of course it is also a matter of which one you consider would have the most exposure, I am sure most have their preference for various reasons, but here I am just comparing the commission rates as I understand them.

Can't really say much on the others, comes down to your priorities of sell quick vs auction exposure, sale amounts and the payment method you would use etc.

hope that helps some......

Last edited:
•••
2015-09-21--23-20-26.png

Snatched during the live auction today
Question for native English speaking people - how pronounceable would you say it is?

•••
2015-09-21--23-20-26.png

Snatched during the live auction today
Question for native English speaking people - how pronounceable would you say it is?

Well I've seen (much) worse called "pronounceable".... If it is pronounceable in English, I would pronounce it like this: WEXU

OE can make a W sound sometimes.

•••
w? intresting
In my language it would sound more like
oh-eh-xoo

•••
In the word "Phoenix", the "O" is silent. So I guess you could have the "O" silent here too. EXU
In french we would not pronounce that "O".

•••
Well I like it anyway - might use it for email actually
Plus I've seen a few companies with oex in their name - I think it's not bad for $120

•••
Those of us who have been active with 4L over the years know very well that prices didn't magically rise to this point. Also, thinking back, I remember seeing what today is called "Chinese premium" 4L selling for multiple times a "quad premium" (by western domainer standards) at expiring auction. So to me, seeing this in action is not really surprising at all. Matter of a fact, I'd say this party hasn't even begun yet.

Each year that has gone by, prices were rising, and fewer LLLL.com were dropping... they were slowly drying up from the marketplace.

I don't understand the talks of bubble-licious. Don't let the "missed the boat" bubble blow up in your face. IMO.

•••
It is kind of "scary" to see the prices of chinese premium since a couple of days.
We see a lot of 900+ and even 1K+. I think the floor is now 800-850.

•••
It is kind of "scary" to see the prices of chinese premium since a couple of days.
We see a lot of 900+ and even 1K+. I think the floor is now 800-850.
Agree just sold mtrg for 920

•••
•••
Taking into consideration high prices for Chinese premium LLLL.com, we may assume that gradually all global supply of such domains will be bought up by Chinese population, who are ready to pay such high prices.

Assuming all Chinese premium LLLL.com (160,000) will be owned by Chinese people (1.376 bln), i.e. 1 domains per 8,600 persons, remaining 297,000 LLLL.com will be spread over remaining world population of 5.93 bln, or roughly 1 domain per 20,000 persons :xf.eek:. To imagine how rare LLLL.com are, on average, imagine that in the whole London (population ca. 8.6m) there will be less than 500 persons each owning just one LLLL.com.

And the amount of LLLL.com will not be increasing, as i.e. amount of luxury watches is increasing each year.

We may consider that in the rest of the world, LLLL.com might be considered in the future as a collectible item, similar to LL.com and LLL.com nowadays.

If we compare such collectible item i.e. with much much more widespread Rolex, which is produced each year in the quantity of 750,000-1,000,000 pieces, and sold on average for USD 10,000 per piece, we may consider that even 900-1,000 USD being paid now for Chinese LLLL.com is a relatively low price, comparing to other collectibles brands.

Sources:
Population: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
Rolex production volumes and prices: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex
Chinese premium prices: this thread.

DISCLAIMER
The author owns several LLLL.com domains and may be biased.
:xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back